+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Feelings on Survivor All Stars??

Feelings on Survivor All Stars??

As I have been reading through the Survivor forum and various threads, I have read many people saying how this version of Survivor is uninteresting, not compelling, or just plain bad. Personally, I have really enjoyed watching this season of Survivor, I just think they (MB/JP) have been handed some bad luck. The fact is, there have been 2(3?) challenges that went unplayed. It is obvious when someone is quitting during an episode, because all that they show is tribal talk/tribal dealings. And you realize at 7:20 PM that they havent done a challenge yet, so something is up.

Like I said, I have really enjoyed this version of Survivor. Its interesting, from a personal relationship standpoint, to watch all of these people who have played before and know each other and watch them deal with each other and have to stab each other in the back. The challenges that they have had have been really tough...I find myself winded and tired just watching them!

So what is everyone's opinion?? I think it is just going to get better now that the quitters are out.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

wow, a MB JP fan. now thats a first (for me anyway). i am enjoying this season, not as much as i thought i would. the players are not acting the way i thought they would. alot of down time and yes quite boring. now onto the quitters, other than jenna m. i am outraged and bambozzelded as to why this was even allowed to happen, they all refer back to olsten. yes he quite but if JP had not been such a JERK about it then the tribe would have voted him off, he asked them to do just that. these other players are not even going that far just quitting, i think the challenges should still have been done and a tribe should have gone to TC and still voted someone off.

is this season boring, YES, compared to other seasons it is very boring. like i said to much down time, these folks look like they are on vacation or something. no one is starving, emotionally no one (other than jenna) is falling apart (sue's looked to scripted to me $$$$she knew where the money was$$$$$ can everyone say payoff) no one is back stabbing. they just look stupid at the way that they are voting.
    JMO anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    So what is everyone's opinion?? I think it is just going to get better now that the quitters are out.
    Side note: This is the first time I've watched Survivor so it's the first time I'm experiencing any of these players.

I don't think all the quitters are gone just yet. I predict we'll see more quitting in the future. Pride is on the line here since they are all suppose to be veterans of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    As I have been reading through the Survivor forum and various threads, I have read many people saying how this version of Survivor is uninteresting, not compelling, or just plain bad. Personally, I have really enjoyed watching this season of Survivor, I just think they (MB/JP) have been handed some bad luck. The fact is, there have been 2(3?) challenges that went unplayed. It is obvious when someone is quitting during an episode, because all that they show is tribal talk/tribal dealings. And you realize at 7:20 PM that they havent done a challenge yet, so something is up.

Like I said, I have really enjoyed this version of Survivor. Its interesting, from a personal relationship standpoint, to watch all of these people who have played before and know each other and watch them deal with each other and have to stab each other in the back. The challenges that they have had have been really tough...I find myself winded and tired just watching them!

ITA!!! This installment of Survivor is a dissapointment. So far the only episodes I enjoyed were episodes 4 & 5 out of a possible 6 episodes.

Here's what I think about the episodes:

E1 - Tina was voted off
    E2 - Saboga loses their second IC and Rudy was voted off (Now that's something we can all agree on. Moving on.
    E3 - Rupert was humiliated (in the RC) and Jenna M. called it quits. Eight days after she quit, her mother died.
    E4 - Saboga wins their first immunity challenge (finally!!!)
    E5 - Although I didn't enjoy the dissolving of Saboga, I always rate each episode based on the IC and TC of that episode. Chapera won IC and Richard was voted off at TC. Therfore, this episode is acceptable!
    E6 - Sue left the game due to Rich's behavior (what a waste!)
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar
    [QUOTE=E-Daddy]ITA!!! This installment of Survivor is a dissapointment. So far the only episodes I enjoyed were episodes 4 & 5 out of a possible 6 episodes.

I'm bored with this season, but I'm not sure how much of that is because of the quitters (which puts more focus on the emotions on the game and not enough on the plotting and strategy, you know, the interesting stuff?) and how much is because The Apprentice is so awesome in comparison and I'm watching them back to back. I'm sure Survivor will get more interesting later on, but I'm also bored with twists. If you expect twists with every episode, it's predictable, not exciting.

Thats a great response, db. I think the whole "oooohhh big twist coming next week" is getting old and tired.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

JR.
    I think it's a good idea that's just playing out poorly. A lot of it has to do with some of the people chosen, and the way some are playing the game. It seems like so many of them are trying to be nice and play UTR, and that makes for crappy TV.

FORT Fan
    I don't think the problem is really the cast, I think the problem is that the producers assumed all this season needed was the cast to attract people, hence why they're still in Panama, and why all the challenges are repeats of previous challenges (none of which seem any "harder"). Just seems they got lazy due to the high-profile cast, and the quitters and only top-four-finishing players exiting the game so far sure aren't helping matters, but I'm still hoping it'll pick up steam in the coming weeks.

I feel like the game has barely started up.
    Whenever it gets going, it gets damped... Sue really stuffed up the momentum last week.

If the remaining players now just stick with playing the game, it will be good. There's alot of potential there. The tribes have interesting people, and good contrasting social structures going. I hope they dont all merge yet as I want to see how they develop for a bit.

FORT Newbie
    I've enjoyed it up until last weeks episode. What a shoddy episode, Sue's withdrawal was. The only decent parts were Shii-Ann and Colby's confrontation, and Amber and Rob's 'alliance' with Jenna and Rupert.

Here are a list of things that I think will make ASS more interesting:
    1. Amber and Rob M getting separated
    2. Rupert is voted out (since when do you trust someone, after 2 days of living in THEIR camp)
    3. Get to individual challenges and immunity (personally, I'd like to see multiple immunities so that the interesting players, and the ones with their heads on the chopping block get more of a chance to stay in the game, with the rest left scrambling like in Amazon, after numerous plans of ousting Matt was foiled)
    4. Challenge results being more tight (The only challenge that got me on the edge of my seat was giant cube)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast