+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Feelings on Survivor All Stars??

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I can't wait for Survivor 9. Hopefully it won't be as lame as this season.

Seriously. This season is almost as bad as S5. And that's saying a lot.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorGirl
    I can't wait for Survivor 9. Hopefully it won't be as lame as this season.

Seriously. This season is almost as bad as S5. And that's saying a lot.
    I said this is my big rant post in the show discussion thread! It's really turning into another S5 Horrible!

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Yeah. I don't even mind all that much that my sister recorded Powerpuff Girls over my All-Stars tape because I'm not missing a whole lot. Just Sue quitting.

I am no longer watching it. Rob C, Richard and Colby are all gone and they were the only entertaining ones who didn't give me the sh*ts. Bring on S9!
    I miss my colby!

I haven't been too thrilled with All-Stars -- and I don't have high hopes for the future at the moment. My fear is that we're going to end up seeing a traditional, sleep-inducing Pagonging (of Mogo Mogo) once the merge happens. (This is NOT a Spoiler. Just my gut feeling about the way things are heading, based on what we've seen so far.)

Nothing makes the show more boring than watching the members of one tribe pick off the other week after week.

If that happens, hopefully things will pick up once Chapera starts to turn on one another.

Leo
    Premium Member
    This is an All-Star? They're not playing like it is.

I must agree with just about everyone here. I initially thought it wouold be great being that I was already familiar with the players. But, then I realized that getting to know the player's personalities is a huge part of the show. Seeing how a different phase of each person's mind unfolds and relating that with why they make certain decisions and use certain tactics is a very important factor in why Survivor has been on top. Only when the people chosen were boring and not showing all of themselves (mentally) was when the show was most unappealing. Add onto that the fact that the "Coasters" are taking over!
    I want to see more wheels turning and more physical play. More real gameplay. Just being familiar with these players is not enough!
    Ginger Rogers made all of the same dance moves as Fred Astaire- only backwards and in high-heels!

Although I'm still enjoying it, I'm becoming increasingly agitated by all the power players getting voted off. The quitting thing has been a nuisance, too. What I'm afraid of is that all the good players (i.e. "threats" which is being a 4-letter word to my ears) will be eliminated early and that the remaining losers will fall into a predictable Pagong voting pattern. That is so NOT what All-Stars should be about, but the clumsy "strategists" who remain (with the exception of Lex and Kathy) don't know how to play.

I would've loved to see a Final Six that contained RobC, Rich, and Colby, as well as other good strategists like Lex and Kathy.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    ...I would've loved to see a Final Six that contained RobC, Rich, and Colby, as well as other good strategists like Lex and Kathy.
    Oh definitely

As it is, I'm actually thinking I might end up missing the later eps. of this season due to sheer boredom....
    Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow. --Homer Simpson

Right now I wish the tribes had been set up differently from the start. Mogo Mogo was entirely top three finishers except for Shii Ann which will put a target on whoevers left after a merge although the opportunity was given for them to play these last votes a bit differently. Chapera needed someone besides Rob C. who actually played the game their previous time and who could inject some strategy and change into the tribe.

Although some of the players are entertaining, I don't like how the higher finishers are targeted simply for doing well before. It needed to be a bit more even between the tribes because certain undeserving players are going to go far in this format no matter what they do or don't do. I certainly wouldn't call this "All-Star" if the playing field isn't even.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast