+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Feelings on Survivor All Stars??

I am so UNimpressed with this season. I was expecting so much more. I think it has been boring, possibly because I/we are familiar already with most, if not all, of the players, so we had preconceived ideas of who we like/don't like before we even watched one episode. But I also think it has been boring from the aspect of not many confrontations, aside from the Sue/Rich incident. I want to see people have conflicts with their tribemates (like Colby telling Shii-Ann he doesn't respect her gameplay, for example). I want to see power-struggles between tribemates, all that good stuff. I thought we were going to see it between Rob M. & Alicia, but it fizzled out. It might happen between Colby & Lex, I dunno...
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

In general (i'm one of those) this season's BO-RinG!... lets hope soon enough some interesting TV in this show will come out soon.

I think starting out with 18 people and 3 tribes makes it hard to focus on and develop any kind of interpersonal conflict story lines. The camera time is just split too much. There's not enough time on each person, and even though we "know" these people from the past, we're not getting to watch their "characters'" develop as much.

At this point in the game, there are still 12 people left. In past seasons, no one has really spent too much time dwelling on a number 12 player, i.e. when they're gone, you move on quickly, and by the end of the game, you're like, "ohhh yeahhh...that guy."

It should heat up when we get more camera time in each camp, and more time on each player. Right now, no one is really incredibly tense and afraid of being ousted, i.e. everyone has this sense of safety due to numbers at this point. There's still that whole, "oh there are still plenty of people to boot ahead of me," feeling. As soon as the numbers dwindle, those feelings will go out the window, and ego, pride, and desperation will take over, 'causing people to start to play harder. Tensions will rise and the show should pick up.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Well, I've thought this season has been very good. I'd say great because I know the players and like to see how they interact. Plus, there have been several great characters IMO such as Rich and Rob M. Big Tom has been great (big suprise to me). Also, I never thought I would like Lex but he has worn on me. At first, when Rich was around, I thought Colby had turned wuss. However, in the last two episodes he has been great.

Some of ya'll are let down because last season was such a great one. However, you can't expect to duplicate that sort of success without Johnny Fairplay. I mean seriously. However, considering the fact that this season doesn't have Fairplay, I'd say it has been very good.

On a side note, I think Episode 3 was the greatest episode ever. It was funny, it was sad, and the shark attack was great.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    I think it's a good idea that's just playing out poorly. A lot of it has to do with some of the people chosen, and the way some are playing the game. It seems like so many of them are trying to be nice and play UTR, and that makes for crappy TV.
    ..you took the words right outta my mouth...

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    I think it's a good idea that's just playing out poorly. A lot of it has to do with some of the people chosen, and the way some are playing the game. It seems like so many of them are trying to be nice and play UTR, and that makes for crappy TV.

I know a lot of people I know whom are diehard survivor fans are not even tuning in this season after seeing the first 5 episodes.

FORT Fogey
    I hate this season and can't wait for S9. I wish my All Stars story was the real thing, it's better than this crap. I'm not gonna comment on this episode...but here's what I've thought about each episode:

1. Tina went...grr, should've been Jenna L
    2. Rudy went...grr, should've been Jenna L, again.
    3. Jenna quit, what a crappy episode
    4. Rob C went, why couldn't it have been Sue?
    5. Rich went...YAY! Tons of airtime for Colby and Ethan and one of my least favorites went.
    6. Sue quit...The. Worst. Episode. of. Survivor. Ever.
    7. Well, you know who I like, so you'll know how I feel about it, whether I was glad at who got the boot or not.

But yeah, out of 6 episodes, 1 has been good? Riiiight. Some All Stars.

Now I REALLY wish Kelly G, one of the best female strategizers ever, was on this show. And I know no one who finished lower than 10th is on it, but I really wish Silas was on this...everyone would underestimate him, and he'd kick butt.

Although I too am not overly impressed with this season, we still need to give it a little more time to pan out. We haven't even hit the merge yet, and I think that's when the personalities will start to shine. At least a couple of those already gone didn't seem to be into the game much at all this time around (Jenna M, Sue, Tina), so I'd like to think of these first few episodes as weaning out the bad casting choices, with a couple of noteworthy exceptions.

I based my opinions on the first few episodes of a season before, with Survivor Amazon, and thought that it could have been one of the best ever. That thought quickly went away.

I'm still hoping this one will come together.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Episode 1: mildly entertaining
    Episode 2: okay
    Episode 3: the best episode even though it kinda sucked
    Episode 4: boring
    Episode 5: glad that Rich went, but it was still boring
    Episode 6: Worst. Episode. Ever.
    Episode 7: better, but still sucked.

My thought on the whole season:

Why, oh why didn't Kelly G, Lindsey, JFP, or anyone the least bit entertaining except Rich come back???????!!!!!!!!!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorGirl
    Episode 1: mildly entertaining
    Episode 2: okay
    Episode 3: the best episode even though it kinda sucked
    Episode 4: boring
    Episode 5: glad that Rich went, but it was still boring
    Episode 6: Worst. Episode. Ever.
    Episode 7: better, but still sucked.

My thought on the whole season:

Why, oh why didn't Kelly G, Lindsey, JFP, or anyone the least bit entertaining except Rich come back???????!!!!!!!!!!
    you stole my worst. episode. ever. thing!

Yeah, I don't get it...NO Kelly G, no Lindsey, no JFP...*sigh* There could've been so many interesting people they could've picked, but oh NO, they had to ruin it. All Stars sucks. And to think I was so excited about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast