+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Pelican Pete Report (Episode 6) - Is Everyone Going to Quit the Game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Ironically enough, Kathy did the very same thing she is mad at Colby about. She decided who to vote for without discussing it with folks who are allied with her. That hypocrisy had me laughing out loud.
    I hadn't noticed that, but you're so right. Kathy was mad at Colby for making a decision without talking to her, and then she turns around and does the same thing. She makes a decision without consulting her 2 leaches, Jerri and Shii-Ann. :rolleyes Of the women, I want Kathy to go to the Final 4, so I hope she's more careful.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    I don't think that stronger players = men. I think that Survivor is one show where women have been shown to be power players. I think Kathy could be an exceptional player in this game,as could Jerri and Alicia.
    I agree. To me the stronger players are the ones that are making the power moves. Colby, Lex, and Kathy have done that. I think Jerri could be a strong player if she wasn't so fixated on getting revenge on Colby. As far as Alicia, I've yet to see anything that resembels a strategy from her. Boston Rob has left her out of his alliance, and unless she can get Rupert, Jenna, and maybe Tom to turn against Boston Rob, she's on her way out. Of course, a twist could save her. I can't stand Shii-Ann, and she hasn't done anything in my eyes to show her worth. :phhht

Love reading your reports, Bill.

Great analysis Bill!
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

As long as anyone has a vote at Tribal Council they are hardly worthless. As for UTR, many a strong player has sat at Loser Lodge watching the Darrah's and Sandra's move on to the finals. Its all a matter of timing: when do you make your move. Colby and Rob are only out front players. I think they are making foolish mistakes by playing their hands way too early. Note: Jerri HAS made a move by doing her best to link up with Lex. Lex apparently links up with Shii-Ann next week, a move she no doubt contributed to by laying the ground work in dozens of ways too subtle for MB to show us. So here we have two "weak" players linking with a physical player who himself knows the fine art of playing it cool. Those are BIG plays, and I think both of these ladies will go much further than Colby and Rob. Yes you can play under the radar too long, such as Amber in Australia, but watching smart players assessing situations and timing their strike is my favorite part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by billyflynn
    As long as anyone has a vote at Tribal Council they are hardly worthless.
    If they don't leverage their vote somehow (and simply mouthing the question who am I voting for? during the walk to tribal council is not leveraging your vote), then yes, you are worthless from a gameplay perspective.

edit to add: In my opinion of course
    Last edited by Bill; 03-09-2004 at 02:19 PM.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Great analysis, Bill, as always. Your insights into Rob's play this time around are excellent. He really does seem to be have learned something. I thought he was a decent player last time, actually, but he really seems to have his act together this time around. He is a "target," though, post-merge. And, in accordance with your suggestion, he should seek out other "targets" to protect himself from the UTR players.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Regular
    Great analysis as always Bill. I didn't pick up on the hypocrisy of Kathy setting the orders and then critizing Colby for doing the same but it's so true!

Great analysis as always, Bill. Thanks so much.

However, I did have a question about the following:
    Rob’s best move this week was approaching Rupert and Jenna for an alliance. Basically he knew Sue was checked out one way or the other. He is basically trading up from Tom and Alicia to more easily controlled people. He knows Rupert is all about loyalty, and he probably could determine from her over-eagerness that Jenna was desperate to get back into a position of power.

However, the departure of Sue has accelerated a problem for Rob. That being, what to do about the next vote? I think Sue was assumed by all to be going, but now, if there is no merge, Rob will have to show his cards should Chapera lose an immunity challenge. If he votes out Alicia or Tom, then the other will be alert to the alliance, and can point out that Rob has been manipulating everyone throughout the game, and try to turn the tribe against him. If he votes out Rupert or Jenna, then the surviving partner can inform Alicia and Tom of Rob’s little secret alliance game. For all of this to work, Rob needs a merge, or he needs Chapera to win challenges. It’s a risky strategy, but the upside is huge, and could ensure he goes far into the game.
    I was sure that Rob distinctly said that he had an alliance with everyone except Alicia and Sue. (Rob/Amber/Tom ; Rob/Amber/Rupert/Jenna) I believe that he can still vote out Alicia without alerting any alliance partners to the other alliance. That gives him a little more time.

Good point, veejer. I remember him saying that, too.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

For Jerri, her only goal seems to be to outlast razorboy.
    Which isn't a smart game....because she'll be focusing on who can get her to that goal versus who can get her to the goal of winning it all. She's not trying to observe, adapt, and create a game to win...she seems only to be trying to observe, adapt, and create a way to rid the show of Colby.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    Great analysis as always, Bill. Thanks so much.

However, I did have a question about the following:
    I was sure that Rob distinctly said that he had an alliance with everyone except Alicia and Sue. (Rob/Amber/Tom ; Rob/Amber/Rupert/Jenna) I believe that he can still vote out Alicia without alerting any alliance partners to the other alliance. That gives him a little more time.
    I saw that too, and I think the way I see it, Alicia and Tom think they are in Rob's group, so if they vote one of the two out, then the other will be alerted.

Not that it would matter much unless a merge happened.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast