+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do You have any sympathy to "quitters"?

True at the end of it, it's all human-nature...hey u know even MAtthew (whateverhisname) could have quit for whatever reason, it's all unpredictable...and i'm not going to start debating about who should've been in and all, but quitters deserve no respect!! espeacially for issues like so...

Jenna had a reason to go home.

Sue should have stuck it out.

Quote Originally Posted by TellTaleOrange
    Jenna had a reason to go home.

Sue should have stuck it out.

Jenna had a very good reason to leave, but really, she had no business being there in the first place.

Sue, Sue, Sue... I don't know what I would have done if that had been me. I'm disappointed that she quit since Hatch was gone, but I honestly don't know what was running through her mind, or what may be in her past, so I can't say either way.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Faulkenham
    Spegs, you missed my whole point, I would be one of the first to say or support the fact that MB made some stupid choices of who to include. What I was saying is that he is doing a good job of trying to keep it interesting with what he's got. Sure he made a mistake of choosing his drama and eye candy, but how did he know that he'd have two quitters this early on?
    Did you think last night was interesting? I was bored to tears

MB didn't know he would have quitters, but he should have realized that the players he chose weren't going to add to the interest of the show except in tangential ways--Sue throwing a fit might have been predicted...or maybe Amber losing her top, Alicia beating down Big Tom... He's going for drama in the wrong places, and that's why the show is spiraling downward.

To the point of this thread, I have a little sympathy toward Jenna, and none for Sue.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I have no sympathy whatsoever toward Osten. None at all.

I have very little sympathy for Jenna, because she never should have been there. Never.

Sue got unreasonably upset over a seemingly minor incident. I just don't get it. She let it eat at her and couldn't even try to get over it after she saw that Richard was gone. No sympathy there.

Maybe that makes me a hard person, I don't know. I wasn't there. But really, these events just seemed like giant missteps to me.
    Joy
    Blogging away in my LaughAtlantis world...

perspective key word. i guess, but still....i bet if i were on that island, i'd still be thinking the way i am, no sympathy at all to her, i wouldn't be jumping around like Big Tom, but i wouldn't feel terrible losing her!

no
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    or maybe Amber losing her top
    I'm looking forward to that episode!

All these quitters annoy me to death. I don't have sympathy for any of them.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by masashi
    Yup...All Stars, 2 quitters and only in episode 6! *wow* (note: sarcasm)

Yes...over 100 contestants that could've been chosen, 18 of *supposevely* the best were picked, and they agreed to be on All Stars Survivor, now two quit, each with their own reasoning.

Jenna M - *vibe* that her mom was in desperate condition (which was true) - I do feel for her, as she was obviosuly close to her mother, and the fact that she lost her mother 8 days later, really showed the intensity of the situation, though the fact i think she should've accepted to be on All-Stars, however I don't blame her at all for leaving.

Sue - :phhht one word *quitter* I'm trying to think who is worse, Osten or Sue... ANyhow...she was angry, "humiliated" :rolleyes with the whole *incident* she blew up, and wanted out. From me, she's getting no sympathy, as bad as the situation must have been, i wouldn't have let it cost me the game.

NOw i know what some people are saying (I'm a guy, what am i to think of the "intensity" of what really happened) fair enough, but even so, sure make a big fuss about it go ahead, yell your guts out, but quit the game????? :rolleyes :rolleyes

ANyhow..what about U all???
    I agree completely! Yes Jenna should have left, but at the same time if her mom was sick she shouldn't have gone on the show. My mom passed away from cancer as well and there's no way I'd have left her side!! Just my opinion though, each of us are different and her mom may have felt she was going to hang in there for a while. But SUE! Oh MY! She played with Hatch the first time and knew he was always naked! Plus he's gay! SO what if his thang touched her! There was no sexual intention there on his part so what is the deal?! He was playing the game, although playing dirty, but isn't that the point of the whole game??!! Oh well....
    And I'm a girl and I still agree it was just way over the top her reaction to it all.

Yup...agreed!

PLus, the fact that Sue was like "i've been married for twenty years" and bla bla bla bla bla (Shi-Ann's new saying)" I just don't buy it as a reason to quit...coz it all adds up, the fact that she was humiliated...she kept saying "i'm married and he sexually contacted me" *bleeeeeeeep*

YEs, plus the fact that he IS gay....there was no intentional sexual intention...he was "foolin around", if she didn't want to take it as a joke, make it a big deal right there and now, not wait 24 hours to "think it over" ....

..... oh well...Sue will be sue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast