+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Episodes

FORT Fan

Episodes

I'm trying to figure out how many video tapes I'll need to chronicle the "Survivor: All-Stars" season in LP mode.

If memory serves me, I believe I read somewhere in an interview with Les Moonves that there will be 14 episodes in total for this season. If each episode is an hour in length (with the final episode being two hours long as is traditionally the case), there will be fifteen hours of show footage. Add in one hour for the reunion show and we're up to sixteen hours.

But, will one of the episodes be a two-parter as was Episode 7 in Pearl Islands? If it is, will it run over two consecutive weeks, or will it be one two-hour episode? (17 hours?) Will there be a "recrap" episode? (18 hours...if I decide to tape it!!). My guess is that they'll need to run at least some extra footage (i.e. extended episodes) in order to accommodate the voting off of two additional castaways this go around.

I am planning on using three T-180's in LP mode for this season. That's six hours per tape which I'm guessing will be enough. I don't, however, want to be faced with the prospects of recording a two-hour episode on a tape with only one hour remaining (thus requiring me to change tapes in the middle of the episode). And I don't want to overflow onto four tapes if I can at all help it.

Does anyone know for certain how the episodes will be configured this season and which ones, if any, will go longer than one hour?

I've already been burned by CBS this season! I manually started the VCR at 9:51 and set it for one hour to tape last night's premiere, only to find out that CBS inserted an extra six minutes of commercials in the broadcast! My VCR quite recording midway through the reading of the votes! ARGH! Thank goodness for Tuesday night's rebroadcast...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I don't think anyone knows, T. It's one of the big surprises of Survivor.

If it helps, though, CBS called the 2-parter "episode 7" and "episode 8". It was just the on-line community that collectively decided to rename them "episode 7A" and "episode 7B".

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I don't think anyone knows, T. It's one of the big surprises of Survivor.

If it helps, though, CBS called the 2-parter "episode 7" and "episode 8". It was just the on-line community that collectively decided to rename them "episode 7A" and "episode 7B".
    Thanks John. Maybe the fourteen episodes I read about will be like the fourteen the ran the past go around (with another two-parter in the works).

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing since I'm taping. I'm gonna bug my mom about taping it without commercials, then we might be able to get the whole season on two tapes. Since I want to keep it, shouldn't it be commercial free? She didn't mind taping other shows that we kept without commercials, this one shouldn't be much more of a problem.

Actually, I went to see the popularity graph, and it listed it up to 16, now what's THAT all about? It's always just said 13. (14 last season)

+ Reply to Thread