+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Hatch - Mogo Mogo

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    hence the old joke about wearing undies underneath
    You mean the one where the little old lady approaches a Scotsman and asks, "Sir, is anything worn under there?" And the Scotsman replies, "my dear lady, I can assure you everything is in perfect working order!"

I think Richard is a refreshing change. He is one of the few people who do not care what people think of him. He is original and entertaining. He and Rob M are also the two people pre-show who have wised up to the fact that this time everyone knows everyone else already, they know their foibles, weaknesses and strengths. I regard them as two of the best players. Rich though won't last very long despite his ingenuity because he is obviously too big a target.
    Rob: "I was trying to appeal to their emotions. I was trying to make them see I was affected as well. To be honest with you, those were tears of sorrow, because I think I realized that I wasn’t going to win "

FORT Fogey
    I came up with an idea that would rid me of Rich forever and then bring in a hot guy... Anyway, after Mogo Mogo's done with the IC and isn't going to TC, Rich is making everyone really mad so they all "accidentally" push him overboard and he gets eaten by a shark! And then...Silas replaces him! Tell me that wouldn't be a great improvement? It's so not as bad as the outcasts, he'd have only missed 3 days, they'll just make him do more work to make up for it.

Ok, that's all in good fun. But I was thinking of my title and that popped into my head. And I can bet that Rich will drive me insane in the first episode. He'll probably talk more about how he is the greatest survivor ever and more crap. Grrrrrr...I'll probably want to strangle him when all is said and done.

Oh BTW, I'm a Rich fan Yeah right, that'll be the day. Maybe when cows fly! Or I stop thinking Dave Johnson is hot. :rolleyes

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    Yay for Richard! I for one am glad to see he is back. Lowest rated on the CBS popularity poll? Who cares! It's Richard Hatch! It's like bringing Babe Ruth back to baseball......

I hope Richard has some sort of strategy to use to counteract being Survivor's biggest target.....
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

Right there with you, JM. Even his arrogance is amusing. I hope he can somehow survive deep into the game. If he somehow wins it, I will probably expire from shocked disbelief.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fogey
    No, Paulie! That'd be bad. We can't have you expire on us. Where would we get our precaps from

Evil Richard! What can I say? I just hate the guy's arrogance and the fact that he has to go naked all the time.

I'll be rooting for Richard. I love the players who think on their feet and are serious strategists. I like his arrogance. And I love that he's going nude again even though he can't possibly think it will endear him to the other Survivors.

I doubt he'll win but I'd like to see him last till near the end. I really want to see how well or badly he'll do when he's pitted against people who play the game by the same rules as him. S1 was a cakewalk for him, but this time they'll all be scheming with a vengeance and it'll be fun to see how he handles it.

I did read his book. It was very long ago and I don't remember it very well but it didn't have much to do with Survivor.

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    First one gone from Mogo Mogo, but not just for the obvious reason.

Colby is a bigger threat in the end, and Kathy might be a big threat--maybe--but they're very strong, they can win challenges.

Richard is expendable, even if he can catch fish.

I bet Colby can catch fish.

Colby can do ANYthing.

That's certainly a reasonable scenario, Dave. I have a gut feeling, though, that Mogo Mogo won't go to TC for quite some time and that by the time they do, Richard will be secure. The first person to leave this tribe will be a female, I think, probably Jenna.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    Richard Hatch's Pre-Game Interview from www.cbsnews.com:

Tracey: Have you spent the past 3 and a half years studying all of these people?

Richard: I've watched all the Survivor shows. I haven't studied all the people. I haven't needed to. They're so transparent. Nobody's played well. They're moronic! You know they had the whole show to watch, they saw how it was played, all they had to do was take that and improve upon it. Nobody's done it so I'll have to come and do it for them.

Tracey: But you, you gotta admit that imitating you has worked well for some people.

Richard: Oh, I disagree. Imitating me would have worked well initially if they altered it some. Just like Mark Burnett brilliantly alters the game a little bit to keep people off kilter, so should the brighter players, which there were some, ahh...should have altered the way they saw me play it a little bit but all they tried to do was catch up and even that they did badly, with all kinds of wacky emotions getting involved and arguments and fits being thrown. How pathetic. You know they're basically saying, "I don't want the million. I'm an idiot." You know so, lets change the game and show them how it should be played again and that's what I'm here to do. I think that's my role in life. I don't know.

Tracey: (laughs) That's your role in life, that's the meaning of Richard's life. No. Umm..there, there has to be some people that you are gonna watch out for though. Some people that you think are good competitors.

Richard: Well, you know, I'm not concerned about any peticular player. Again, they're just peices, they've all gotta go. But in general, I do have to watch all of them. I have to watch and see how they've adapted. They've all played a peticular way. They all think they know how to play, and so I have to watch how they come into the all star version and apply what they think they know.

Tracey: Are alliances passe?

Richard: Oh, so passe. Alliances were passe when I did them the first time. They could have been altered. They could have been used a show or two after that with a bit of an alteration, but that big group that garner support among several people and let's move forward, death. Just by virtue of trying to do it. It's a new game and I'm gonna win it.

Tracey: Now are, some people might argue also that you're being a bit greedy. You already did this once.

Richard: Yeah. It's a game. Hey, if I like to win, I like to win. Greed, schmeed. How many times do you wanna win when you play chess? No, I wanna lose now cause I won last time.

Tracey: But you know...

Richard: Silly! (laughs)

Tracey: There is, there's something to, you played it so well the first time and there is something to walking away a winner. I did it, I did it perfectly and I'm out.

Richard: That's if you have an ego. I don't care what people think of me. It's fun. Life is fun. It's full of experiences, it's a game, come play. I could win I could lose. Who knows? It's fun. Stay out of it, (in deep voice) oh, cause I want you to think I won and I don't want you to think differently. I don't care what you think. I'm gonna play and I'm gonna have fun.

I don't personally like Richard but I did think it was a good way to use the good old chess example. Why would you want to lose if just because you won the first time.
    Last edited by CaNaDiAn FaN; 01-29-2004 at 09:14 PM.
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

- Nokomis - Theresa

+ Reply to Thread