+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 515
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

  1. #81
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fantasy Land
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,395
    Well, I disagree, he can at least make the merge, look at the people on his tribe. They're all loyal. So, he shouldn't have a problem fitting in with them.

  2. #82
    Watching Jessica ref guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Toon Town, reality threw me out
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Gher
    You can play the "nice guy" and the UTR role once but not twice so adios Ethan, who going by his pre-show statements doesn't have any other tricks up his sleeve.
    I think laying back with a group of Alpha's is a great plan. Predetermine tricks doesn't sound like a great idea to me. This game is about changing and adapting to situations rather than following a predetermined plan. What is your reasoning for thinking that "nice guy" won't work a second time around?
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

  3. #83
    Watching Jessica ref guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Toon Town, reality threw me out
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,187
    Ethan's video was great, I like that he plans on using the money for grassroots soccer. He had a great plan and understands the concept of the game which is to adapt. He should do well with that plan
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

  4. #84
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fantasy Land
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,395
    I wish I could WATCH the vids! But this comp is awful and no picture shows up.

  5. #85
    Watching Jessica ref guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Toon Town, reality threw me out
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    I wish I could WATCH the vids! But this comp is awful and no picture shows up.
    If I have time, I'll try to transcribe or at least get the main points for you, I can't promise though
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

  6. #86
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fantasy Land
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,395
    Ah, don't worry about it. I'll just have to go home soon, there I can watch it cuz it actually works on that comp. So does the sound, which doesn't seem to want to work lately either.

    Thanks for offering though.

    BTW, I think Ethan's cuter now than he was in Africa.

  7. #87
    hubba bubba Gher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    445
    That's all true and well IF Ethan won Survivor fair and square on his own merit... but we will never know about that. I wish he would stop saying he won because he is a nice guy.. it sounds very egotistical and implies other people didn't win because they're less nice than he is. I wish he would say part of the reason he won was because of the producers' mistake... that would be more honest and I would like him more if he had said that.
    Rob: "I was trying to appeal to their emotions. I was trying to make them see I was affected as well. To be honest with you, those were tears of sorrow, because I think I realized that I wasn’t going to win "

  8. #88
    Watching Jessica ref guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Toon Town, reality threw me out
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Gher
    That's all true and well IF Ethan won Survivor fair and square on his own merit... but we will never know about that. I wish he would stop saying he won because he is a nice guy.. it sounds very egotistical and implies other people didn't win because they're less nice than he is. I wish he would say part of the reason he won was because of the producers' mistake... that would be more honest and I would like him more if he had said that.
    You'll have to pardon my ignorance, especially on things regarding Ethan and survivor. I really don't know what producers mistake you are referencing. I would appreciate you or someone informing me I don't think saying you won because you are nice says anything about other players. In many people's opinion, including mine, it is the main reason why he won that survivor with those players. Will it work with these players? we shall see. It doesn't mean that the other players were less nice in regular life or even in the game. It means it was an important factor among many other that helped him win.

    BTW, LC I love your New and Improved "ASS"
    Last edited by ref guy; 01-26-2004 at 03:27 PM.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

  9. #89
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fantasy Land
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,395
    Thanks, I think you're the 3rd person to like my title, I like it myself. Anyway...

    The mistake you are asking about is during Fallen Comrades. There was a question about piercings and there were 2 correct answers. Kim J said one, Lex said the other, and Lex was told he was wrong. Later on, they went back and realized they made a mistake. This costed Lex immunity. He wasn't voted out, though, but Tom went instead. Perhaps Kim J would've gone? That's the mistake everyone talks about.

    But everyone else says Ethan is a nice guy. What is he supposed to say, that he is a jerk? Gher, I don't really think that makes him egotistical, maybe it would if he said,"I'm the coolest survivor ever" or something.

  10. #90
    Watching Jessica ref guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Toon Town, reality threw me out
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Thanks, I think you're the 3rd person to like my title, I like it myself. Anyway...

    The mistake you are asking about is during Fallen Comrades. There was a question about piercings and there were 2 correct answers. Kim J said one, Lex said the other, and Lex was told he was wrong. Later on, they went back and realized they made a mistake. This costed Lex immunity. He wasn't voted out, though, but Tom went instead. Perhaps Kim J would've gone? That's the mistake everyone talks about.

    But everyone else says Ethan is a nice guy. What is he supposed to say, that he is a jerk? Gher, I don't really think that makes him egotistical, maybe it would if he said,"I'm the coolest survivor ever" or something.
    Thanks LC, I think I may remember part of that now that you reminded me. I agree about Ethan not being egotistical. As for the last part, I'll say that I think he is the coolest survivor ever, but there are many good ones to choose from so I can't argue with anyone else's choice, unless its the evil you know who......
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.