+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

I'm just wondering, does anyone know why they haven't married? They seem very committed to each other. I know...gossipy side coming out even in a serious discussion. I, too, have much more respect for Jenna now than I did then.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm just wondering, does anyone know why they haven't married? They seem very committed to each other. I know...gossipy side coming out even in a serious discussion. I, too, have much more respect for Jenna now than I did then.
    I don't know - there are some who think marriage should be taken slow. Others just want to be serious friends and are seen as dating.

I think with Ethan and Jenna it's the former. His cancer battles and costs could also factor in.

FORT Fogey

I thoroughly disliked Jenna while on Survivor but when I heard she connected with Ethan, I turned a major corner. She has apparently been beyond amazing with him. In retrospect, I have to say I might have been experiencing more jealousy than disdain while watching her season. She has a fabulous figure but more than that, she is a very confidant person. I mistook it for arrogance.

Didn't she come back for an all-star season but then left to be with her dying mother?

Poor Ethan. I'm thinking things don't sound so good for him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I don't know - there are some who think marriage should be taken slow. Others just want to be serious friends and are seen as dating.

I think with Ethan and Jenna it's the former. His cancer battles and costs could also factor in.
    Money has nothing to do with getting married. My son eloped and paid a small fee for the license. It is probably just personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Money has nothing to do with getting married. My son eloped and paid a small fee for the license. It is probably just personal choice.
    I don't think jade was talking the cost of getting married, but Ethan's medical costs. If the worst does happen and they are married, she is responsible for them. It doesn't fall on her if they are not married.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Ethan ran the New York marathon in 4 hours and 20 minutes over the weekend. He said he did it because he wants to show people with cancer that they can still do things and also ran it for his soccer oranization I think.

I sure hope he makes it through this bout of cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I don't think jade was talking the cost of getting married, but Ethan's medical costs. If the worst does happen and they are married, she is responsible for them. It doesn't fall on her if they are not married.
    Yes, this is what I was commenting on. It's not that I don't think Jenna doesn't love him, but I think that it's the point of that they love each other that should the worst happen she has good memories outweigh things such as expenses and the like.

I think they're taking it slow myself - making sure it'll last, and give this relapse and the other challenges they've had, I think it will.

BTW, I do think fortunately that Ethan's new cancer, while serious, isn't super serious - they wouldn't have let him run the marathon nor would he have done it that well if it were a major tumor or the like. I think John Wayne's lung cancer for example made him very winded. Sure people will say that this time is slow, but 4 hours for 26 miles is not super slow. It's about 9 minutes a mile average, and most don't run it in a say track meet speed all the way.

I do like how he is using his challenges as a way to teach, inspire and educate though instead of a "woe is me" bit like oh say Hatch (though yes, Hatch's are self inflicted). I bet had Jen Lyons made her cancer battle public we'd been saying the same thing about her (even if she wasn't a winner - I do remember that when we found out she lost her battle it was a sad time).

Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    Ethan ran the New York marathon in 4 hours and 20 minutes over the weekend. He said he did it because he wants to show people with cancer that they can still do things and also ran it for his soccer oranization I think.

I sure hope he makes it through this bout of cancer.
    I also heard that he was to be put on a new smart chemotherapy drug called SNG-35 and seemed hopeful.
    sweetpea likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just saw in the paper that they have split...amicably apparently.

Ok, this is going to sound funny, but when I clicked and saw that this was the news, I was so relieved. I expected to read that his cancer had come back aggressively.

They made a good run of it, together for quite a few years. Glad to hear it was an amicable split and I wish them both well as they move on.
    Florimel, justCoz, Cootie and 3 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread