+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 515
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

  1. #501
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,851

    Re: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

    I'm just wondering, does anyone know why they haven't married? They seem very committed to each other. I know...gossipy side coming out even in a serious discussion. I, too, have much more respect for Jenna now than I did then.

  2. #502
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,203

    Re: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm just wondering, does anyone know why they haven't married? They seem very committed to each other. I know...gossipy side coming out even in a serious discussion. I, too, have much more respect for Jenna now than I did then.
    I don't know - there are some who think marriage should be taken slow. Others just want to be serious friends and are seen as dating.

    I think with Ethan and Jenna it's the former. His cancer battles and costs could also factor in.

  3. #503
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,255

    Re: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

    I thoroughly disliked Jenna while on Survivor but when I heard she connected with Ethan, I turned a major corner. She has apparently been beyond amazing with him. In retrospect, I have to say I might have been experiencing more jealousy than disdain while watching her season. She has a fabulous figure but more than that, she is a very confidant person. I mistook it for arrogance.

    Didn't she come back for an all-star season but then left to be with her dying mother?

    Poor Ethan. I'm thinking things don't sound so good for him.

  4. #504
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I don't know - there are some who think marriage should be taken slow. Others just want to be serious friends and are seen as dating.

    I think with Ethan and Jenna it's the former. His cancer battles and costs could also factor in.
    Money has nothing to do with getting married. My son eloped and paid a small fee for the license. It is probably just personal choice.

  5. #505
    Premium Member dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    19,182

    Re: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Money has nothing to do with getting married. My son eloped and paid a small fee for the license. It is probably just personal choice.
    I don't think jade was talking the cost of getting married, but Ethan's medical costs. If the worst does happen and they are married, she is responsible for them. It doesn't fall on her if they are not married.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

    #oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

  6. #506
    fortfan shyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    50
    Posts
    472

    Re: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

    Ethan ran the New York marathon in 4 hours and 20 minutes over the weekend. He said he did it because he wants to show people with cancer that they can still do things and also ran it for his soccer oranization I think.

    I sure hope he makes it through this bout of cancer.

  7. #507
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,203

    Re: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I don't think jade was talking the cost of getting married, but Ethan's medical costs. If the worst does happen and they are married, she is responsible for them. It doesn't fall on her if they are not married.
    Yes, this is what I was commenting on. It's not that I don't think Jenna doesn't love him, but I think that it's the point of that they love each other that should the worst happen she has good memories outweigh things such as expenses and the like.

    I think they're taking it slow myself - making sure it'll last, and give this relapse and the other challenges they've had, I think it will.

    BTW, I do think fortunately that Ethan's new cancer, while serious, isn't super serious - they wouldn't have let him run the marathon nor would he have done it that well if it were a major tumor or the like. I think John Wayne's lung cancer for example made him very winded. Sure people will say that this time is slow, but 4 hours for 26 miles is not super slow. It's about 9 minutes a mile average, and most don't run it in a say track meet speed all the way.

    I do like how he is using his challenges as a way to teach, inspire and educate though instead of a "woe is me" bit like oh say Hatch (though yes, Hatch's are self inflicted). I bet had Jen Lyons made her cancer battle public we'd been saying the same thing about her (even if she wasn't a winner - I do remember that when we found out she lost her battle it was a sad time).

  8. #508
    FORT Fogey Coco46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,074

    Re: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

    Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    Ethan ran the New York marathon in 4 hours and 20 minutes over the weekend. He said he did it because he wants to show people with cancer that they can still do things and also ran it for his soccer oranization I think.

    I sure hope he makes it through this bout of cancer.
    I also heard that he was to be put on a new smart chemotherapy drug called SNG-35 and seemed hopeful.
    sweetpea likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

  9. #509
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,851

    Re: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

    Just saw in the paper that they have split...amicably apparently.

  10. #510
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,967

    Re: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

    Ok, this is going to sound funny, but when I clicked and saw that this was the news, I was so relieved. I expected to read that his cancer had come back aggressively.

    They made a good run of it, together for quite a few years. Glad to hear it was an amicable split and I wish them both well as they move on.
    Florimel, justCoz, Cootie and 3 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.