+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

Re: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

Orlando Sentinel - The TV Guy – ‘Survivor’: Ethan Zohn shares his cancer battle with ‘The Doctors’

Coming Monday on “The Doctors”: “Survivor: Africa” winner Ethan Zohn talks about undergoing a stem-cell transplant. Zohn, 36, has been battling CD Positive Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and says the stem-cell transplant was “the best way to reset my body.”

He spent 21 days in isolation after the risky procedure and talks about his prognosis with Dr. Travis Stork. The interview airs at 3 p.m. Monday on WKMG-Channel 6. (Zohn and Stork are pictured in this CBS photo.)
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

I just love Ethan. Hope he can beat this thing, as he is just such an upbeat and positive person.
    But I have to say, seeing the Survivor and Bachelor worlds collide in that picture makes me feel a little strange.

Survivor Star Ethan Zohn's Cancer Is in Remission

One year after Ethan Zohn was first diagnosed with a rare form of Hodgkin's Disease, the Survivor: Africa winner's cancer is now in remission, People reports.

"A few weeks ago, we got his first clean CT scan," Zohn's girlfriend (and Survivor: The Amazon winner) Jenna Morasca told People. "Now we can officially call him 'in remission.' We were so nervous for this test because good news on this test meant we could start our lives again."

Past Survivor winner Ethan Zohn battling cancer

Zohn, 36, was first diagnosed in April of 2009. Zohn believed his cancer had gone into remission after three months of chemotherapy treatment. However, his illness resurfaced in September.

After appearing on Survivor: Africa and Survivor: All-Stars, where he met Morasca, Zohn co-founded the charity Grassroot Soccer, which teaches young people about HIV/AIDS prevention.

Now that his cancer is in remission, Morasca says they plan to travel to South Africa in June to work with the charity and to watch the World Cup games. Zohn is also filming a new TV series called Outside Today for the new network Outside Television.

"Ethan says he is just excited to start living again and enjoying every precious moment," Morasca told People. "We wanted to come out of this stronger people with more appreciation for each other and the world — and that's exactly what happened."
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Was a bit nervous when I saw this thread pop up, so pleased to see it's such good news.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3904420;
    Was a bit nervous when I saw this thread pop up, so pleased to see it's such good news.
    Me too, I hate it when this thread pops up.

Great news for Ethan!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Difficult not to root for him... the only survivor who never received a TC vote?
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Wonderful News!!!

This is great news!
    Forever a Word Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3904692;
    Difficult not to root for him... the only survivor who never received a TC vote?
    Going by a single season, I believe he's one of only two - the other being Sandra.

Going by more than one season, Sandra I believe beats him on the votes - she's only had one and he had enough to be voted out.

>>>>>>>>>>>

All this said, He is so difficult to not root for - I've rooted for him every time he's been in the show and post game. He's one of two who's used his "Survivor" celebrity to help others, and unlike Rupert, he keeps his low key, which is nice because it makes you WANT to delve in deeper.

I wasn't a huge fan of Jenna her first season (though I loved her final II challenge - and wish they'd bring that one back, and have them do it at the Tribal council), but grew to really like her the second go round.

It also looks like she loves Ethan and supports him, and to me that is even more powerful than either of them winning the money they did in their seasons.

This guy is still class all around, I loved his season of "Survivor" (even though I think that part of Africa was a tad too brutal to play the game), and loved how that he won the reward challenge that led him to create the charity. I think it was where he took Lex on the trip to a town and they got to eat and have some money to trade/barter with for souveniers. And, I loved how he and Lex got items from the tribe so they could trade for items for them as well - that was really cool in sharing the reward with everyone.

I am also one that gets nervous when this thread pops up...I'm so happy for Ethan and Jenna and so glad that the first thing they plan is to go to South Africa and help with the charity. What an amazing guy...my love goes out to them and hope he stays in remission!

+ Reply to Thread