+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

FORT Fogey
    Most common is votes against, which Ethan would lose... but other things have been used as tiebreakers... including a survival type quiz and a purple rock which ousted Paschal... all players remaining had to draw rocks from the bag (not just the ones that were tied) and the player that picked the purple rock gets ousted... that was Paschal and he didn't have any votes against him....

Who knows what kind of tiebreakers MB might have up his sleeve for this season....

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Suxie
    It was probably someone posting here, so watch it LC!
    No, she was at Survivor Fire. I just called her obsessed. And she was. You need to see that post and see if doesn't make you want to back away slowly

D, Ethan has 2 votes against him, so does Jenna. They should go after her. I think it'd be a trivia tiebreaker, and Ethan could win it. Oh what a tense and scary TC that would be!

BTW, Lev, you are SO right. Rupert seems to be threatened by the athletic attractive guys. Sheesh, I dunno why. Ethan's a good guy and he shouldn't! He really needs to team up with Ethan and take out one of the girls. Preferably the evil one, Jenna.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    No, she was at Survivor Fire. I just called her obsessed. And she was. You need to see that post and see if doesn't make you want to back away slowly

D, Ethan has 2 votes against him, so does Jenna. They should go after her. I think it'd be a trivia tiebreaker, and Ethan could win it. Oh what a tense and scary TC that would be!

BTW, Lev, you are SO right. Rupert seems to be threatened by the athletic attractive guys. Sheesh, I dunno why. Ethan's a good guy and he shouldn't! He really needs to team up with Ethan and take out one of the girls. Preferably the evil one, Jenna.

Isn't it interesting that, with jerri on the tribe, we're now calling jenna the evil one!

Namaste.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    most common tiebreakers are usually quizzes about the locale/survival... maybe a quiz about tribemates (that would be appropriate here).... in S2, whoever had the most previous votes would get the boot, but that method hasn't been used in a while to prevent sandbagging.

FORT Fan
    Just a question -- When was the last time there was a tie? Was it that rock tiebreaker in Marquesas? There doesn't seem to be much consistency with regard to how to handle a tie at tribal council (i.e. most previous votes decides, a trivia question on Africa, the rock thing on Marquesas).

That's just it. If it comes down to two votes Ethan, two votes Jenna they go to most previous votes. That comes out two votes Ethan, two votes Jenna again. So then Jeff has to come up with some sort of sudden death decision.

The tribe will know this tie business is going to happen and so decide to avoid it either by going 3-1 against Ethan, or just target someone besides Ethan.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    They haven't said for this season what would be the tiebreaker. I don't think we'll KNOW unless a tie actually happens. It's not set in stone (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Levdrakon
    Rupert knew he couldn't trust his girls last time either, but he still stuck with them and targeted the cute guys. Of course, Ethan hasn't made the mistake of teasing Rupert's butt crack, but still I think Rupert is threatened by cute popular type guys. Rupert would prefer to be the sole alpha male even if it makes the tribe weaker. After all, he's Super Rupert.
    I think the comments Jerri made in the preview for the next show, i.e. "Rupert is a control freak" , supports your observation about Rupert wanting to be the alpha male.
    I don't know that that alone would make him vote off Ethan, but he clearly saw Ethan as the only possible alternate boot to Rudy, even though he was approached by Jenna and Jerri stating their possible intension to boot Rudy.
    Last edited by fluff; 02-10-2004 at 08:53 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I was thinking about why Rupert is not aligning him self with Ethan... perhaps his own feeling about loyalty are getting to him. He saw Tina/Ethan alliance that he voted against, which in his mind means he voted against Ethan. Thus Ethan will never be able to trust him. Remember this is Rupert think. He could not resolve that issue yet so he kept his voting block of Jenna and Jerri. If he and Rudy voted for J or J, he has now voted against the other block and been disloyal to them. He seems to have a black and white world in loyalty issues for himself and others. Voting for Ethan with J and J prior knowledge does not show them disloyalty
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

I like Ethan cause he's a good guy and that's makes any1 who voted against him consider unpopular but if you on the other's shoes where u never won, it is likely that you want to vote those who already won out, so it makes sense rupert voted against him.

+ Reply to Thread