+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ethan Zohn - Saboga

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    Refguy, i think colby would make a great husband for me.

Except one thing bothered me about his interview: all his reading material he stocked up on. Magazines? Didn't mention a single book?

So maybe more buddy material than husband. But who knows. He seems fairly bright.

Same problem with the others, especially Silas. But Silas was great to look at.

Now Pretty Ryan was so adorable I might take him regardless.

Dave, though? You mean the so-called rocket scientist, who never would explain what the hell he did? I never found him that hot once he opened his mouth.

But what about that Army guy who got kicked off almost immediately. Always loved him.

I think Pretty Ryan is my best bet, though. He's the only potential closet case among them. I sure did get a gay vibe off that boy.

But they're all celebrities now, and we're mere mortals.

Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    Ethan Zohn's Pre-Game Interview from www.cbsnews.com:

Tracey: Do you feel like there's a little bit of pressure off you because you did win it once, that this just kind of a lark this time?

Ethan: Not so much. I think coming back as a winner might be a disadvantage cause who's gonna wanna see a winner win again? I mean, I don't and I won the thing, so maybe, you know, it might be a disadvantage but on the flip side I won Survivor: Africa and no one can take that title away from me. I mean, the money's gonna go, but I'm always gonna be, you know, champion of Survivor: Africa.

Tracey: Are you a little concerned because of the environment? I mean, Africa was so harsh and so different than this.

Ethan: Right. Well, I don't know. I'm kinda looking forward to it. I've never been on this show where there's a body of water, you know. Africa, we were stuck in the middle of nowhere on the surface of the sun basically. No water, no nothing and here you know, we're surrounded by trees and we can go fishing in the, in the oceans to have food. So it might be a little more lenient maybe you could say, but it still would've sucked no matter which way you look at it. (laughs) The rain is gonna be horrible. I haven't had to deal with rain. Not looking forward to that.

Tracey: That's true. We, we haven't really seen Ethan wet. (laughs) That would be interesting. (laughs)

Ethan: Yes. (laughs) Could be be exciting. (laughs) A wet Ethan.

Tracey: Yeah. Oooh...umm..tell me about, did you have hesitations, I mean, you said that you jumped right in. After you initially said, "Yes," did you sit there and go, "Uh-oh (laughs)?"

Ethan: Def..I mean I definetely had, I was on the fence for a little while, you know. Do you, do you retire when your at the top or, you know, do you come back in and try to do it all over again? But me, the competitive person that I am, I couldn't let this by. You know, it's almost an honor to be asked back. You know, I actually, I did something and I played the game well enough where they want me back again to do it again and that's, that's an honor.

Tracey: You feel a little bit like Michael Jordan?

Ethan: No. (laughs) Not at all. (laughs) No, no. Maybe the afro but that's about it. (laughs) But uhh..other that that no, I don't feel like Michael Jordan at all, you know. You don't wanna, you can't go into this, you can't prepare for this game, you can't go into this game thinking you're any different from anyone else cause that'll screw you in the end.

Tracey: When you left Survivor: Africa wasn't there a part of you that said, "Thank goodness I've done that and I will never do that again?"

Ethan: Uhh..you're absolutely right. When I left I was so excited to leave. When I got off the plane and was greeted by my Mom I said, "Mom, if I ever want to do anything like that again just punch me in the face as hard as you can," and I'm back. Don't ask me, I just have some sick addiction to punishment. I don't know what it is. I, I'm a, you know, I don't know.

Tracey: And I don't see a shiner on you? (laughs) She didn't punch you?

Ethan: She didn't punch me. Maybe she should have. I'm gonna call her right now. (laughs)

A wet Ethan?? Oooooo. Very, very good idea.
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

- Nokomis - Theresa

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cullen
    Refguy, i think colby would make a great husband for me.

Except one thing bothered me about his interview: all his reading material he stocked up on. Magazines? Didn't mention a single book?

So maybe more buddy material than husband. But who knows. He seems fairly bright.

Same problem with the others, especially Silas. But Silas was great to look at.

Now Pretty Ryan was so adorable I might take him regardless.

Dave, though? You mean the so-called rocket scientist, who never would explain what the hell he did? I never found him that hot once he opened his mouth.

But what about that Army guy who got kicked off almost immediately. Always loved him.

I think Pretty Ryan is my best bet, though. He's the only potential closet case among them. I sure did get a gay vibe off that boy.

But they're all celebrities now, and we're mere mortals.
    Well, just because a guy didn't bring any books doesn't mean he's dumb. I knew tons of guys who hated to read but were very very smart. So many Colby's just not into any books. And I don't think you can call Silas dumb, just because of his mistakes in the game. Would you have been the mastermind back in S3? Everyone was still figuring out how to play the game. And don't hate on Dave, he had some good ideas, but they just didn't work out. He thought he could get in with Heidi and Jenna(good idea, having those 2 for an alliance would get him far) but it just didn't work out. Ryno is SOOOOO not gay, though. He was obsessed with Darrah. Like crazy over her. And supposedly he has a gf now.

WELL, that was long. But I must defend the brains of my boys.

CF, I'd like to see Ethan wet, too! It'd be NICE! Hahaha...makes me think of when it was raining and Dave was giving a confessional, he looked so HOT! Ethan would look good, too. I liked his interview as well.
    Last edited by Lil_Cutie; 01-30-2004 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Ryno is SOOOOO not gay, though. He was obsessed with Darrah. Like crazy over her. And supposedly he has a gf now.
    I think Dave was not referring to Ryno from S7, but Ryan from the Amazon, S6. He was the first voted out from the guy tribe.

DC and LC fighting over husbands As a guy, I like Dave because of the rocket science stuff, he make us tech guys look good

Ethan's interview suggests he's going to ham it up for you ladies

This place is going to be mess with all the on the floor. The mops by the sink for thoughs who need it
    Last edited by ref guy; 01-31-2004 at 11:29 AM.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Granted. However, in this particular case, with a small and finite set of questions, it is 100% possible to triple-check the validity of each answer before executing the Challenge. Not only was it a possibility, I think it was also the obligation of the game's producers to have done so, and they did not.
    The producers did not make a mistake.
    The fallen comrades game was to answer questions about your tribe-mates, not all of the survivor players. That means the questions are about the players that were on the merged tribe. After all this is the only fair thing. How could you expect someone on another tribe know something about someone if they had never lived with them. I don't have S2 on tape so I don't know if Lex misunderstood that or if Jeff didn't explain that. Kim answered the question correctly. Lex named a person who had been kicked off before the merge, it was wrong. Lex didn't win the million dollars but CBS did pay him a large sum of money for it.
    We will never know what would have happened. If Lex had understood the question correctly he may have gotten it wrong. He may have gotten it right and it would have been a tie. Next question he may have won or lost. If he won Kim J would likely have been kicked off. We don't know who would have won next immunity. We don't know who would have been in F2. If Lex was there we don't know if he would have won.
    The fact is that Ethan won. He had nothing to do with any of what happened to Lex, don't blame him. If you don't like him that's fine, but he is still the winner of S2.

Quote Originally Posted by catfishbarb
    The producers did not make a mistake.
    If the producers did not make a mistake, then why did they award both Lex and Tom the equivalent of second place, $100,000 ?

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    If the producers did not make a mistake, then why did they award both Lex and Tom the equivalent of second place, $100,000 ?
    To make the problem go away.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    I think Dave was not referring to Ryno from S7, but Ryan from the Amazon, S6. He was the first voted out from the guy tribe.
    No, I think he meant Ryno cuz back during PI, he was always calling Ryno Pretty Ryan...so that's my guess.

ref guy, you crack me up!

As for the Fallen Comrades thing, have they EVER had answers about premerge people? If so, then Lex's answer would be fine. If not, then there you go, and CFB, you definitely make a valid point. But even so, they should've said it was about the 10 who made the merge.

FORT Regular
    Jerri is going to be all over Ethan like a cat in heat.

+ Reply to Thread