+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Susan Hawk - Chapera

I like your logic, Gher.

I've been thinking that CBS et al is in a delicate situation. In fact several events in Survivor are possibly illegal outside of the game. Defamation, slander, public nudity, you name it.

They have to anticipate where that 'line' is and spell it out more carefully. 'There are no rules except don't punch another player' is not good enough anymore, and I think they will probably add a few more rules for the next go-round.

just MHO

Quote Originally Posted by Gher
    The producers still have to respect the law even if they have made the players sign many waivers -- they are not above the law.
    Actually, this brings up an interesting point; since Survivor is shot on location, whose laws must they uphold? Americans travelling abroad are by-and-large subject to the laws of the country they're visiting (the occasional diplomatic wrangling aside), so do the Survivor cast and crew have to live up to local law or American law? I doubt this would ever become an issue, but I'm a curious little monkey....

Any thoughts? Especially from the lawyers (you know who you are)?

I bet you that with the dangerous nature of the Game the players have to sign a legal document that protects the producers from being sued for just about anything.

The producers still have to respect the law even if they have made the players sign many waivers -- they are not above the law.
    I don't know if the laws governing body contact in the Panama are the same as in the US. A poster in another thread said that as both Sue and Rich are American she is still able to sue him in a civil court in America if she believes she has a case. Though I was referring more to the criminal courts as opposed to the civil courts.

The producers still have a MORAL obligation to respect the (criminal) laws of the US, even if the same laws do not hold in the country they are filming in. Some countries are poor and corrupt and have less strict laws concerning the area of sexual impropriety -- it is not morally excusable for the producers to take advantage of this situation and use it as permission to lower the standards of expected behavior in the game.

JR.
    Knock it off and get back to Sue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213