+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Rob Mariano - Chapera

As things wind down, there is not really anyone left that I think is deserving of winning besides Rob! Never thought I would say that!

Jenna - Hell No
    Big Tom - Hayell Naw
    Rupert - Arrgghhh... No Matey :phhht
    Amber - heehee .........um, NO!

They've all hung themselves by not voting Rob off sooner. He has shown the most finesse and has been contriving enough to deserve the win.

vond10, I agree with you about Rob being not voted off sooner. Every week I have been wondering if anyone would wake up. I really don't want him to win, but it seems like all the other Survivors do. They have to know that the best they can do is third place if he wins. Why not form a new alliance and try for at least second, if not first? I am also waiting for Amber to make some other deal. Why ride his coat tail when maybe she could be #1 if she tried harder?

Amber could possibly make a case for the ultimate devious win by creating some interesting fireworks around a dramatic betrayal of Rob.

Short of this happening, Rob is the only one deserving to win. Like him or not he's the only one playing the game. How could anyone on the jury in good faith vote for any of the others?
    The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Colombian
    Amber could possibly make a case for the ultimate devious win by creating some interesting fireworks around a dramatic betrayal of Rob.

Short of this happening, Rob is the only one deserving to win. Like him or not he's the only one playing the game. How could anyone on the jury in good faith vote for any of the others?
    And that's why I stopped watching a few weeks ago... I usually tune in just to see who actually gets booted (okay, so a part of me is always hoping those zombies will wake up!), but I've not regretted my decision to give up this edition of Survivor. Rob must have threatened these people in some way, or maybe MB did. I mean, what other excuse would they have for handing this game to Rob on a silver platter?

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    And that's why I stopped watching a few weeks ago... I usually tune in just to see who actually gets booted (okay, so a part of me is always hoping those zombies will wake up!), but I've not regretted my decision to give up this edition of Survivor. Rob must have threatened these people in some way, or maybe MB did. I mean, what other excuse would they have for handing this game to Rob on a silver platter?

It's sad isn't it? Perhaps the only reason I'm looking forward to the final (other than the season will finally end) is that I'm looking forward to hearing juror comments - curious to see if soemthing "comes out" that explains the madness.

Early on I wondered if there were some sort of "rigging" but only a fool would rig the results that we've seen thus far. It has been a real sleeper this time around, and so disappointing because I think "all-stars" implies the best minds that have ever played the game. If that's the case, MB has the wrong people screening for him.
    The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Colombian I think we are all disappointed because we expected so much more. It's like these people never even saw Survivor, let alone participated. With the exception of Rupert, they all had a lot of time to analyze the play of the others. It's like they just blunder along. I'm past ready for it to be over.

With only 5 left, someone has to make a move this week. I keep wanting someone to take out Romber, but to Rupert, Jenna, and Tom an alliance with Rob was the best way to get this far. If they had broken that alliance to get into another one they almost certainly still wouldn't be around. They all followed Rob, but who else would they follow? Rob would have my vote at this point but with all of the alliances he set up he will have to break some of them, and could be a good finals opponent if the jury harbors some of the resentment we've seen.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by stepscot
    they seem to be too tied up personally in the outcome. Rob doesn't seem to focus on anything but seeing how well he can do in the game whereas Kathy and Lex seem to define themselves to a certain extent on their performance in it.... I am not expressing myself very well, so I'll stop here.
    No, you express yourself quite well here, and I completely concur. Rob's playing the game as how it's meant to be played - you go in, you play, you leave - no excuses, no apologies, no explanations.

I doubt you'll hear from him:

"I'm so proud of myself, I outlasted ....., ......, and ......."

"I'm not going to be friends with ..... any more! He used me, he abused our FRIENDSHIP!"

"The people still in the game are so STUPID - how could they not see my BRILLIANCE and not align with me!" :rolleyes

"I didn't care about the money anyway, having an outdoor adventure is what it's all about."

"I didn't like how ..... lied to me .. I"M the only one who's allowed to lie! They should all know that!!!"

"It's all MB's fault .. my psychologist told me after I'd lost, a game where people who knew each other already wouldn't work ... the same one who prepped me on the players and told me knowing these people already would work to my advantage.

"It's not a game, it's your LIFE!!!" (Translation - "I have no life.")

"I'm so HONEST; that's why I lost."

"I trust people too much."

"I need the money more than anyone here ... I could have done so much with the money." :rudolph

"It's all ......'s fault. ........ 's immoral. Well, at least I kept my ethics intact ..."

"Of course I knew I was going to be voted off, any idiot would have seen that."
    Last edited by Gher; 05-03-2004 at 11:52 PM.
    Rob: "I was trying to appeal to their emotions. I was trying to make them see I was affected as well. To be honest with you, those were tears of sorrow, because I think I realized that I wasn’t going to win "

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I wouldn't go so far to say that Rob has shown finesse; he's been openly rude to other players (Rupert, Tom), has set himself up to be a victim to an emotional jury, has not kept his alliances on the down low. He's lucky that he has a bunch of people just desperately trying to stay UTR in his alliances, allowing his existing alliances to be effective. It's not quite the same as Brian's performance in Thailand; Brian was far more understated in his performance. If Brian played the way Rob is playing now, Clay would be $900k richer, despite his curmudgeonness. If Rob was on any of the other two tribes, he'd never have made the merge.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

If Rob was on any of the other two tribes, he'd never have made the merge.
    Remember the words of the great sage, Colby..."If 'IF's and 'BUT's were candy and nuts--we'd all have a Merry Christmas."

+ Reply to Thread