+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Rob Mariano - Chapera

Rob at winning immunity in Ep 13 very graciously gives up his video so that all the others can watch theirs ... (OK, OK, it was just one of his brother, but still ..)

Rupert at winning RC keeps the steak for himself, and gives the best food left to people in his alliance and in no danger of being voted off, leaving potatoes to Tom (whom he may later need as a swing vote), and rice to Shii Ann (who's got a good chance of being on the jury soon) ....

Shii Ann on winning her first individual IC gloats and pisses off half of the tribe she wants to break into ....

And they say if Rob dominates, it's because he's lucky and not because he's playing the game well ....

Gotta love that Rob!!! Smart and talented and funny - what a package!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roz_City
    Not since Brian in S5 has anybody controlled this game the way Rob is.
    Absolutely. It still amazes me how they all follow him like he's the supreme master of the universe. I'm not complaining at all, it's just very funny to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfleming2
    I think at the end of it all, Mark Burnett should show up to the final tribal council and say... "While Rob did the most work of anybody on this show... the rest of you all were complete morons, and should have seen that he was the only one doing anything on the show... therefore, none of you deserve the money, and I'm keeping it"
    Now that would be good television.

Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    The only thing that would guarantee him to lose would be a gross food challenge
    Good observation, lalol! Or, maybe he will have learned from his previous attempt and he'll try even harder.

Anyway, if he wins this, I'll be happy.

Alright. I'm now ready to admit without hesitation that Rob is the best player left in the game. I still don't think he's especially good at the strategic aspects of Survivor, but he's got the social down to finely honed instrument of doom (to his opponents). I may secretly harbor the suspicion that his success is at least half due to the rest of the All-Stars' ineptitude, but anyone who could win the first two individual immunity challenges with relative ease and not get a single vote the first time his opponents could take him down deserves a great deal of respect.

He's still no Brian, but I'll actually be satisfied if he wins.

FORT Fogey
    I can't stand this slimeball!! I do have to admit, right now, he's the only one playing the game so I guess he will deserve the win
    I am so amazed that these are suppose to be All Stars and some of them actually think they can win by doing nothing but following the lead of some punk-a** like Rob. There should have been a rule against riding someone else's coattails, you know, something that said if you win by simply outlasting, but not outplaying or outwitting, then you only get half the prize money since you've only half entertained the viewers...

[Quote)There should have been a rule against riding someone else's coattails[/Quote]

But then the much beloved (AND DESERVEDLY SO) Rudy would never have made it to Final 3 if he could not ride Hatch's tails. OMIGOD! Forgive me Rudy. That sounded really bad.

Don't flame me for dissing Rudy. He is a true American hero, but he would have been an early pre-jury casualty except Richard decided to carry him along.

My belief is that when we like a player we say they are in a very smart alliance...when we dislike another player we describe their play as "coattail riding".

Kao
    There's a difference in being in a smart alliance and pulling your weight, and being in a smart alliance and doing nothing except being in a smart alliance. Amber could have held her arm up longer than she did. The problem is, she knew she didn't HAVE to, so she didn't.

I have racked my brain for hours on end trying to think of anybody but Rob that I would be happy to see win. I have come to this conclusion: nobody. As the season continues, there are very few people out there that can say Rob deserves to win less than any other "All Star." By the way, I think that is why MB is giving Rob away...for once, the "good guy" that plays this game the way it was meant to be played pulls off a win. All the viewers are happy because he deserved to win.
    But that doesn't make me like him. As hard as I try, I cannot think of any other cast where he could control the game the way he is. You CANNOT say that Rob is winning because he is a great strategic mastermind. He would be very easy to overthrow, and I think any other cast would have already done so.
    I think his game is a perfect analogy for sheep and their shepard. They could all gang up and run him over and stop the demise of their friends, but he carries that big long stick/cane thing (anybody have any idea what that is?) and really, who wants to screw around with that?

Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    but he [a shepherd] carries that big long stick/cane thing (anybody have any idea what that is?)
    It's called a crook, or shepherd's crook. As in "by hook or by crook."

Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    As hard as I try, I cannot think of any other cast where he could control the game the way he is. You CANNOT say that Rob is winning because he is a great strategic mastermind. He would be very easy to overthrow, and I think any other cast would have already done so.
    I think his game is a perfect analogy for sheep and their shepard. They could all gang up and run him over and stop the demise of their friends, but he carries that big long stick/cane thing (anybody have any idea what that is?) and really, who wants to screw around with that?
    The same thing happened with Brian in Thailand.
    He also had a multiplicity of alliances, but none of the people he assigned to finish third, fourth and fifth bothered to speak with each other until it was too late.
    People are so concerned with protecting the secrecy of their alliances that they don't talk to each other for fear of ending up being targetted.

If only Tom, Rupert and Alicia all knew the others had alliances with Rob they might just have banded with Shii to vote him off, or at least I hope they would have done in the face of that evidence.

Rob has played an incredibly OTR game, one that I agree would have gotten him and Amber booted with almost every other cast.
    Rob and Amber have been allowed to flaunt their alliance due to the stupidity of thepeople around them.
    One of them should have been gone when Rob C was booted.
    You should always, always target obvious alliances.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Ah, thank you for reminding me. My mind was blank, so I had to go stick,cane thing
    Anyway, I did not watch Thailand, but I guess I had always heard Brian won because he promised everybody on his tribe (after pagonging the other) a final 2 spot, and they believed him. It is very obvious to Tom, Rupert, and Jenna that Rob would not take them over Amber. If it was this way in Thailand too, I would also be dissapointed. Rob can't promise anybody but Amber final 2 and have them believe that. Unless he is the most charismatic person on Earth, I think they know they aren't going to win...and I suppose they are happy with that.

+ Reply to Thread