+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Rob Mariano - Chapera

Quote Originally Posted by Gher
    Rob has played the game exactly opposite to the way Lex and Kathy played it. Theirs was a losing cowering whining and begging (and unethical) strategy. Rob's is a winning, confident "take-no-prisoners" and "take-no-chances" strategy.

I hope Rob makes it, if for no other reason than that it would re-establish this kind of strategy as viable in playing Survivor.

After Amazon and Pearl Islands, I was afraid that all we'd see in the future were "floaters" and "under-the-radar" players -- and how boring would that be? Despite the efforts of Rob C. and Johnny Fairplay, we haven't seen anyone really control the game on so many levels since Brian in Thailand.

Suzie you asked what a .7 ratio is. Studies have been done as to what attracts a man to a women's body. The ideal female body that is most attractive to men has been found to have a .7 ratio of waist measurement to hip measurement. Hope that helps.

FORT Fan
    LAGUY makes a good point, but the problem is, we have to look at the game from the perspective of the people in the game. Is it better to vote out "Those that don't belong to be there"? Or as a player, do you want people who don't deserve to be there to give you a better chance at actually winning the game?

I don't see how we can't give Rob the Kudos he has earned. He has played the game hard and to the best he can, which is always handicaped by the people in this game that are just riding coattails and that is around 90% of the cast still in the game. I am sure that Tom is just enjoying this right now, just like he did in Africa, in watching Rob/Lex alienate the Jury from ever voting for him. THat is a very good point, to let the other guy destroy any chance he has with the Jury. It is an easy way to win the game, to do nothing else.

So what else is there to do? Rob's best chance now is to bring either Amber or Shii Ann and claim neither of them earned/deserved the chance to win the game; with a jury of strangers, that probaly would not work but with a jury of former players, maybe it will.
    Yes, I am DKR.

Survivor ALL STARS was like the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, at the beginning. IT was an unbeatable idea, had so much potential it was ridiculous.

But bad casting and decisions on both Mark Burnetts and George Lucas's parts have completely ****** Up the entire story.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    I hope Rob makes it, if for no other reason than that it would re-establish this kind of strategy as viable in playing Survivor.

After Amazon and Pearl Islands, I was afraid that all we'd see in the future were "floaters" and "under-the-radar" players -- and how boring would that be? Despite the efforts of Rob C. and Johnny Fairplay, we haven't seen anyone really control the game on so many levels since Brian in Thailand.
    Rob is the only one of my favorite picks left, so I hope that he wins. He came into this game with such focus, and has never taken his eyes off the prize. It would be more fun if the others woke up to give Rob a run for his money, but in the end, I still hope that Rob wins. In my eyes, he has earned his way to the final 2.

Go Rob!

What do you think his stratigic boot order is? I think his order is:

7:Shi Anne
    6:Rupert
    5:Jenna
    4:Alicia
    3:Tom
    2:Amber
    1:Rob

FORT Fogey
    I think at the end of it all, Mark Burnett should show up to the final tribal council and say... "While Rob did the most work of anybody on this show... the rest of you all were complete morons, and should have seen that he was the only one doing anything on the show... therefore, none of you deserve the money, and I'm keeping it"

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by tgrocks
    What do you think his stratigic boot order is? I think his order is:

7:Shi Anne
    6:Rupert
    5:Jenna
    4:Alicia
    3:Tom
    2:Amber
    1:Rob
    We have to look at it from their stand poitn of the players in the game.

7) Absolutely, Shii Ann will go next. A huge complication if she wins immunity.

6 (or 7 if Shii Ann wins IC) If the tribes are ready for this, they may have reached an agreement that when it gets to this point, it will go 3/3 on the voting, and they accept whatever happens in the tie breaker.

But...if Jenna and Rupert decide to go with what they think is a 4 person alliance and Alicia or Tom is taken out, then it brings another complication. Esepcially if it is Alicia that goes down first. Tom has made it clear he is in a 3 person deal with Amber and Rob, so after alicia is gone, it becomes a three person game and Rueprt and Jenna are next.

The problem comes down to voting people out and still asking for thier vote. Amber is doing nothing but following rob's lead; and Rob while doing what needs to be done, is going to be seen as the traitor, and Lex, Kathy, and whomever of the Chapera's that get blindsided, are going to angry and may be voting against rob if he makes the final two no matter whom he ends up against; and for Tom if he makes it there.
    Last edited by Wolf; 04-19-2004 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Removed spoiler
    Yes, I am DKR.

Survivor ALL STARS was like the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, at the beginning. IT was an unbeatable idea, had so much potential it was ridiculous.

But bad casting and decisions on both Mark Burnetts and George Lucas's parts have completely ****** Up the entire story.

FORT Newbie
    I've actually begun to like Rob more and cheer for him as the only deserving player to win. In fact last night I actually had a dream about him, so perhaps he's grown on me more than I thought, haha.

FORT Newbie

Hey, Rahb is good, but Amber is better!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Rob is the only one of my favorite picks left, so I hope that he wins. He came into this game with such focus, and has never taken his eyes off the prize. It would be more fun if the others woke up to give Rob a run for his money, but in the end, I still hope that Rob wins. In my eyes, he has earned his way to the final 2.

Go Rob!

Guess who's even better than Rahb? The girl who snuggles his snake! She ain't dumb, at least not as dumb as Alicia! Jenna has a few smarts, but is annoying those who may be slightly dehydrated and slightly hungry.....Jenna's a mom, after all, and accustomed to reacting and expounding. But the girl who stays sweet and pretty, that's who's going to win. Doesn't it suk sometimes? .......Immunity could mix this up, but I see an ever encompassing spell that Amber casts over the men, a spell in which they respond: I will protect you! I am proud warrior! I am afraid of your lover's snake! I will bow to the power of you and your lover's snake!
    So, I wonder if the show will have a final immuntiy of grasping some weird artifact and have them all wrapping their bodies around it pursuing contortionist levels of extremes....perhaps Rahb and Amber will have will discover a new position that even the other tribe members could not comprehend? "Love" will RULE, people!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kao
    At this point, I believe that Rob deserves to win, because they are basically handing it to them. If Alicia's banishment wasn't a wake-up call, I don't know what is!

I will laugh like a hyena if Shi Ann manages to win 3 IC in a row. As much as I disliked her in the beginning, it seems like she is the only one smart enough to see through Rob. She's beginning to grow on me.

+ Reply to Thread