Place: 3rd place; 7th Jury member
    Votes against: 4
    Best known for: being constantly distracted by Heidi and Jenna
    Challenges won individually: 1
    Challenges won with tribe: 5
    Individual immunity: 1
    Nemesis: Jenna Morasca
    Famous Luxury Item: Magic 8 Ball that melted in the fire

After Rob Cesternino's third place finish on SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON, Jeff Probst declared him "the smartest player to have never won SURVIVOR" during the live finale show. Since then, among other things, Rob has written a weekly newspaper column for his local paper, made speaking engagements, endorsed Mattel's "Magic 8-ball" (which was his luxury item) and has been writing and performing stand-up comedy.

Rob graduated from the honors program at the State University of New York at Oswego with a Bachelor of Arts degree in broadcasting. While at Oswego, he worked extensively with both the university's television and radio stations. He wrote his college senior thesis on "The Impact of Reality Television" and received an A. During his time in college, Rob was a member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity. After college, he worked for more than two years as a computer projects coordinator for an insurance general agency. His other previous work experience has included a store clerk, a waiter and a bartender.

Rob's favorite hobbies include telling jokes, watching sports and singing karaoke. His all-time favorite pastime is watching television, and he is a self-described pop culture encyclopedia. If he could hold any office, he'd like to be member of Congress because "it looks like they can do anything they want with no repercussions."

Rob cites a last minute college road trip where he and two buddies drove 21 hours to go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans (without hotel accommodations) as his single greatest accomplishment. His favorite sport is baseball and he is an avid fan of the New York Mets and New York Jets. His hero is Bob Barker because, since a child, he always admired how he hosts THE PRICE IS RIGHT with such humor. Superman is his chosen superhero: besides the obvious strength and flying, "the x-ray vision would keep me busy for hours."

Rob currently lives in Plainview, New York, but originally hails from Wantagh, New York. His birth date is October 20, 1978.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-12-2004 at 03:48 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Favourites -

Colors: Black, blue, gray
    Scents: Barbecue, coconut
    Flowers: Tulips
    Board Games: Chess, Monopoly
    Video Games: Madden 2004, Survivor Ultimate Edition
    Sports to Play: Baseball, football, basketball
    Sports Teams: NY Mets, NY Jets
    Outdoor Activities: Hiking, swimming
    TV Shows: Survivor, Big Brother, The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Movies: American Beauty, Vanilla Sky, Boogie Nights, Memento
    Actors: Kevin Spacey, Tom Cruise
    Actresses: Julianne Moore, Colleen Haskell
    Music: Rap, rock, hip-hop
    Magazines: Maxim, Entertainment Weekly, Playboy
    Books/Authors: Sein Language by Jerry Seinfeld, Moneyball by Michael Lewis
    Cereals: Frosted Flakes, Raisin Nut Bran, Honey Nut Cheerios
    Fruits: Orange, watermelon
    Snack Foods: Salt & vinegar chips, beef jerky
    Cookies: Chocolate chip, peanut butter chocolate chip
    Candy Bars: Snickers, Peanut M&M's
    Alcoholic Drinks: Bud Light, Vodka Tonic, Captain Morgan and Coke
    Non-Alcoholic: Black cherry seltzer
    "That's Numberwang!"

Of all the people cast this season I think Rob C. Deserves the win the most. I hope he's able to remain non threatening to the other contestants until the end again.

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    There were times when I wanted to strangle Rob! I found him incredibly annoying when the Amazon season started.

However, he played a great game, and he didn't have to lie about his granny's death to do it!

Rob is definitely a force that can destroy players and their game plans.

I'd love to see Rob take it all. I always enjoy the players who are always aware of the game. Rob never lost his focus for a second.

I don't want to hear any rambling about honesty and guilt and blah blah bla bla blah...this is survivor!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

It will be great to see what Rob comes up with this time around. It's like reading a good book where you can not predict what his next move is.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I just want him to stick around long enough to really play. He is an outstanding player - one of the best to ever play, in my opinion - but he'll be a big target on his own tribe for exactly that reason. I think Boston Rob will want to get rid of "the smartest player to never win Survivor" as soon as possible, just to be able to tell his buddies he did it.

If he makes it to the merge, though, watch out. He'll be deadly.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    I'd love to see Rob take it all. I always enjoy the players who are always aware of the game. Rob never lost his focus for a second.

I don't want to hear any rambling about honesty and guilt and blah blah bla bla blah...this is survivor!
    Unfortunately, this time Rob will have the disadvantage of his competitors knowing that he's a schemer. I loved to watch him play the game, though. Since I can't have Brian back to cheer for, Rob is one of my top three.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Me too. Rob's a chameleon and I loved how he tried to keep himself a couple steps ahead of everyone without forgetting that he has to play in the present.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I think Rob might be able to take advantage of the strong personalities on his tribe as they explode and keep the attention (and votes) off of him.

ETA: With the exception of Amber's personality!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast