+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can A Previous Winner Win Again?

Can A Previous Winner Win Again?

I would have to say no.

If they were playing for charity, then posibly, but as they're playing for keeps I just can't see it happening.

Richard - Rupert's comment at the S7 reunion indicates he went further than Richard and also that Rich is still seen as the one people want to beat, the one they measure their game against.

Tina - Personally, I don't think Tina should have won last time and can't see it happening again. I think she is seen as a shrewd player, who had many of her tactical moves masked by Burnett in order to provide more of a surprise ending to the show.

Ethan - I adore Ethan and would love to think that he could win again, but I just can't see it happening. I think many fans see him as a rider of Lex's coattails, I don't fully agree. They certainly let Lex know he wasn't in control by booting his new buddy Brandon after they had made use of his vote. The rest of the boot order after that point really wrote itself, they went with a very obvious plan as far as I saw it.

Jenna - If you've been reading the spoilers you already know about Jenna.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular
    They're going to have to throw in some more twists if they are going to let previous winners (Richard, Ethan, Tina, Jenna M) be viable to win again. Otherwise, there's no way in hell that everyone else will let any of them win again.

My feelings exactly.

I don't want the previous winners to get any special treatment, but if they are to be in with a shot then I think twists and turns might be their best bet.

I think Ethan will be safe enough within his tribe.
    Assuming there is no switch, he has a close friendship and rumoured past romance with Jenna Lewis which I am sure will lead to an alliance, at least within the early stages.
    I also think he and Tina are savvy enough to realise they will be targets, which might make them inclined to stick together.
    I also think that Rupert and Ethan will get along like a house on fire.
    If the yellow tribe do lose a couple of immunities, I think Rudy would be the more likely first boot.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I don't think a previous winner will win again. Unless its like Amber VS Winner in the final 2

JR.
    I don't think they have a chance. If I was one of the non winners, they'd be at the top of my list.

Yes, it does depend who the winner would be up against in the final two.
    I can't see this group even letting a previous winner get to that stage though.
    I don't like to think that anyone goes into a series without much chance of winning, but I do think being a previous winner is a hindrance.
    "That's Numberwang!"

JR.
    I would definitely get that ball rolling with a "hey, they've already won one" speech to my fellow tribemates. Try to get them out early.

I just think it was a bad idea to have previous winners on this show.

I was surprised they had previous winners on.
    It's peculiar to me that they have four of the six previous winners, not that I have any desire to see Vecepia or Brian again.

Even the money for the first person voted out is worth having this time ($25,000), so I guess it's worth a shot even if you don't appear to have much of a chance . . . eh Amber?
    "That's Numberwang!"

I never would have expected previous winners on. Well Rich I probably would have put him on since he's memorable... but Tina? Ethan? Jenna? I don't really call them 'memorable'

FORT Fogey
    Does anyone remember the Weakest Link? That show did a Survivor edition with some of the people from the first cast. They booted off everyone in the reverse order of how it went on Survivor. The final two were Gretchen and Ramona I believe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast