+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on Open Casting Call / Auditions

FORT Newbie

Question on Open Casting Call / Auditions

Hello All

Has anyone ever been to a live audition/casting call by one of the CBS affiliate stations? Do they actually have a casting agent there or are they simply video taping people and sending the videos to CBS? Is there any benefit to going to an open casting call versus mailing in your own video?

I'm brand new to this forum and I just read every one of the recaps for Survivor 7 by Fluff, and laughed my butt off!!!

Thanks!!
    Pam

I know nothing about casting calls, but welcome to the FORT Pam!!

"I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Pammy
    Hello All

Has anyone ever been to a live audition/casting call by one of the CBS affiliate stations? Do they actually have a casting agent there or are they simply video taping people and sending the videos to CBS? Is there any benefit to going to an open casting call versus mailing in your own video?

I'm brand new to this forum and I just read every one of the recaps for Survivor 7 by Fluff, and laughed my butt off!!!

Thanks!!
    Pam
    The show I worked on did have casting calls in various cities. Casting agents would refer clients to the show to be seen during these calls but those people were seen at a time separate from the open calls. The people from the show who were at the casting calls were sometimes just people who were currently doing just that job and other times producers would go out if it fit with the production schedule. The casting people would go into local bars where the crowd fit the profile of the participants they wanted to see on the show.

Survivor casting is much more rigorous than the average reality show, more similar to Big Brother. Dealing with a person over weeks and months is a whole different world from a one shot deal.

I'm going to go to the open casting call at the Huntington Mall in Barboursville, West Viriginia. Curiousity more than thinking I'd be selected, I'm not the outdoorsy type.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I might be going just to say hi to Texi
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    I don't think there's been a casting call anywhere around where I live. I'm not old enough anyway, but for anyone around me who might be interested, they don't have the chance. That kinda sucks.

I think it's cool they are having one in Huntington. My sister is going just to people watch. If I go with her, I'll hunt Texi down and wish her luck

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

You should go Star, I am not sure about being there lined up at 8 am, like most people will, but I'll be there some time between 12 to 6.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Nah, I'm too lazy to stand in line That doesn't bode well for my 'Survivor' ambitions

They're having a cattle call for survivor yesterday and today here. I thought about going to watch, but apparently it is so crowded that it's tough to even get in the building. Rudy and...someone else... are here to host and sign autographs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast