+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Darrah's radio chat - more insight.

FORT Newbie
    I downloaded it fine.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    I am sorry, but I heard Lil say she tried to save Darrah three times, but frankly I think that is BS. I never saw Lil do anything to save Darrah, and basically whenever Darrah was at risk the tribe either voted out Lil, or Darrah won immunity.

So this is just more delusional talk from Lil, much like her forgetting that Andrew did say goodbye to her.
    She mentioned saving Darrah twice. It was speculated elsewhere that the "first" time was when Rupert was booted. Darrah was on the chopping block at that time, but didn't go home because of the new alliance. Granted, I don't think that counts, but that's probably the other time.

The other person that she did say turned their back on her (making the third time that she was rejected) is obviously Burton.

You're right she said it twice, my bad. My point is thought that Lil never saved her, and Darrah was not in danger during Rupert's boot.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I'd argue that if the circumstances were different - if Darrah had not won immunity and Burton/Jon had the conversation with Lill after the IC, then Lill would be more justified. But it didn't play out that way.

I can see that Lill felt loyalty to Darrah, and when Burton/Jon decided to break their promise in front of Lill, she decided to protect herself (and Darrah) by flipping the script.

Darrah never made an effort to save herself.

When it looked like Rup & his gang were going to boot her, she just sat in the shade until Jon & Burt saved her. She would have gone as a lamb to the slaughter.

In the last episode, Jon, Lil and Darrah were all at risk. Good reasons to boot each of them. Jon did something about it. He managed to focus Lil on Darrah.
    Lil did something about it. She checked out Darrah and found she had no ally there, where as Jon really (truthfully this time) would have taken her to the final 2.

But Darrah sat there with lame answers and no backup effort.

She would have been the Worst, Least Deserving, of the 4 to win the game.

!

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi

When it looked like Rup & his gang were going to boot her, she just sat in the shade until Jon & Burt saved her. She would have gone as a lamb to the slaughter.

In the last episode, Jon, Lil and Darrah were all at risk. Good reasons to boot each of them. Jon did something about it. He managed to focus Lil on Darrah.
    Lil did something about it. She checked out Darrah and found she had no ally there, where as Jon really (truthfully this time) would have taken her to the final 2.

Considering she won 3 immunity challenges, and Lill only won one AFTER Darrah was gone, and that was against two easy targets.....I fail to see how she deserved to lose more than the other three. Survivor isn't just about strategy. It's just as much about surviving the challenges. Darrah always did very well at this. Lill was no threat whatsoever at the physical side of things, nor was Jon or Sandra. So Darrh had that wrapped up out of the final four. Strategy wise, although I hate to admit it, but Jon was the strongest, followed by Sandra, then Darrah, and finally Lill. Darrah wasn't a rocket scientist when it came to pulling strings or making deals to stay, but if you go by their combined rankings in both the mental and physical aspects of the game, out of the final four Darrah definately deserved first or second place because she was at least average when it game to strategy. In my opinion most players are usually only average in this area per season. During the course of one series you make get 3 to 5 players who are on the ball, and really know the game. Out of 16 players per series....that's pretty low. So again....Darrah with her immunity tear, and her average brain game.....she deserved to either win or come in second.

With that said....I wouldn't have been upset if Darrah won....not at all, but I am glad that Sandra did. She was my second fav after Rupert.

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi

She never was at risk when Rupert was booted, she knew it so why does she have to do anything, all that would have done is mess with the plan to boot Rup. That plan was in place and since the merger, it was just timing. Turn a fork in something when it going to play your way.

The last 4 episode, with JFP question, yeah she could have answered it better at that moment, it was a mistake, but now we know from radio chat that CBS dragged her away for a confessional multiple times to allow the other 3 to gang up on her, notice they never show the confessional, and then they set up the anti-Darrah worst IC in the history of Survivor, to guarantee she can't win. Can anyone say Conspiracy. Let's also remember that JFP was CAST for this show. Maybe he's an actor, and had a mission, besides playing the game. This Survivor had way to many fouls by MB.
    If it were a soccer match, I'd card em for persistant infringment of the rules.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

2 easy targets? Jon held out for almost 3 hours, and if Sandra focused more, she might have too. That would not have been easy at all, and weighing less than Lill might have been bad for Darrah as the waves would affect her more. Lill might still have won.

Strategically, she was below average - she's the paradigmatic coattail-rider. She's lucky Burton/Jon decided to target Rupert when they did. T said in her official chat that she and Darrah didn't do anything to try to shake things up because they were intimidated by the others, and any Morgan sticking their head out would get it lopped off.

She's good at ducking, I'll say that. But a lot of that comes with luck, not skill.

We'll all agree that Jon was the most skilled, but Darrah being average? She doesn't even show up on the radar! pun intended.

She let everyone else drive the train, there wasn't an original thought emanating from her head. When she and T came up with the hair-brained idea to bring Jon in to boot Burton, she didn't think otherwise to just shut up and blindside him. I understand that it was Tijuana that spoke to Jon - but if two partners aren't smart enough to stop the other from doing something stupid, they don't belong together. Notice when Burton was alone in the camp with Sandra and Christa that he was wary of saying anything about F4 with them without checking with Jon? Never saw anything that insightful from Darrah. At least we could see that Sandra was thinking about when to ally and cut Rupert or the others out.

I'll give Darrah props for being lucky enough at the right times and smart enough in the plank challenge to use her skinny arms and hands - but beyond that, she's a notch above Christa's log.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ref guy
    She never was at risk when Rupert was booted, she knew it so why does she have to do anything, all that would have done is mess with the plan to boot Rup. That plan was in place and since the merger, it was just timing. Turn a fork in something when it going to play your way.

The last 4 episode, with JFP question, yeah she could have answered it better at that moment, it was a mistake, but now we know from radio chat that CBS dragged her away for a confessional multiple times to allow the other 3 to gang up on her, notice they never show the confessional, and then they set up the anti-Darrah worst IC in the history of Survivor, to guarantee she can't win. Can anyone say Conspiracy. Let's also remember that JFP was CAST for this show. Maybe he's an actor, and had a mission, besides playing the game. This Survivor had way to many fouls by MB.
    If it were a soccer match, I'd card em for persistant infringment of the rules.
    So THAT'S why she left the group? To do a confessional? That really sucks! Poor Darrah. They wanted to screw her over so bad. Well congrats to them, they pulled it off

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast