+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What will you do if the Finale is Pre-empted?

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    And it wouldn't surprise me if he's cheering for Jon.
    I dont think the news will effect Survivorr tonight

Considering it's Sunday, the one day of the week where we already are subjected to hours and hours of political chat shows, I can't imagine Survivor being pre-empted or even delayed by the Saddam story.

60 Minutes will have all day to slap together an hour-long piece on the capture, so they wouldn't be the reason...but those damn football players might be, lol. I don't even watch the games anymore, but I assume CBS has their standard two games scheduled at noon and 3 (my time, yours will vary).

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I don't think we'll get pre-empted unless President Bush decides to make a speech in the fricking middle of it. Which might be likely, since he likes to talk to the public at 9pm EST. It might cause a spillover and throw off the live show.

FORT Regular
    Well it's past noon now, and Dan is still rambling. And it's preempting the NFL today show.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Lets hope they are talked out by 8p. How many ways can you say yipee we finally found him cowering in a hole. Exciting news yes , but not breaking .

FORT Fogey
    The President just spoke, so I don't think he'll have much to say in a later speech, unless Osama is found within the next few hours.

CBS does not have an "early" game today. It's not pre-empted, they simply didn't have one on the schedule.

This will be the lone opinion on the other side of this thread. I have a soccer match that starts at 7:00 central aka Survivor start time, so I will miss the first half, I would be so if the show was delayed say an hour and 15 for us all. If we delayed 2 hours, our west coast friends and us could enjoy it together.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

The show will absolutely not be delayed. If, for some reason, there is breaking news that required pre-emption, then they will go back to Survivor "in progress". Either way, you're gonna miss the first half.

FORT Fan

My $0.02

My guess is that if even a portion of tonight's finale and/or reunion is pre-empted by coverage of Hussein's capture, CBS will probably air everything in its entirety at a later time.

Just in case, I'll have both VCR's tuned to different stations...CBS on one and Global on the other!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast