+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Episode 10 discussion thread ***Spoilers****

I give Penny a little more slack here than some will.

To me, once Ken was gone, the chances of any Sook Jai based alliance working was nil. Therefore both Jake and Penny needed to try to forge their own paths.

Penny made a horrible tactical error of trusting the guy (Clay) who seemed to be most responsive, yet had also set her up to vote for Ted last week. Bad decision.

However, if take off the I hate Penny blinders for a moment, I thought Ted's comments were interesting.

He said that basically Penny was gaining influence with Brian and Clay, and it seems that it was his meeting with them before the IC that sealed Penny's doom.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Ted demanded a test of loyalty by getting rid of Penny vice Jake, and further, that would mean that some of what Jake said is sticking with him.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Ted demanded a test of loyalty by getting rid of Penny vice Jake, and further, that would mean that some of what Jake said is sticking with him.
    Oh, very interesting thought, Bill! I hope you're right! I would love to see Jake turn the tables on Brian and Clay the weasel.

LG.
    I sure don't want to see Jake win. Don't know why for sure, but he's done a couple things that irritated me, starting with picking all the young / strong people for his team but not being able to deal with them as a leader should to keep them from self-destructing and then later all the damn talking about himself and his adventures which totally turned the other tribe off. Besides, I like to root for the "little" guy.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Originally posted by lurkinggirl
    Besides, I like to root for the "little" guy.
    So you're a Clay fan LG?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Clay is far more annoying to me than Jake.
    I don't think Clay has ever said a nice thing about anyone and he's lazy as hell.

I doubt Jake wanted to be singled out for attention in the way the team selecting made him.
    Selecting the team does not make you the leader though, I don't think anyone at CG considered Jan their leader for a second.

I would rather see Jake win it that Clay.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The intent of Story Time was solid, but the execution backfired, LG. He was trying to become Jake the Real Person instead of Jake the Guy from Sook Jai. Lot harder to vote someone out if you have some sort of bond with them. Not impossible, obviously, and his stories wound up having the OPPOSITE effect. But I think that's what he was gunning for there.

- Paulie, the Jake Apologist
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by Fluff: I don't think Clay has ever said a nice thing about anyone and he's lazy as hell.
    A agree with everything else you said in that post but this, Fluff.

Remember, Clay did say Brian had a nice ass.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I would rather see Clay win than Jake too.

Again, I can't put my finger on it, but I'm not digging Jake. He did irritate me too with his team choice at the beginning. I know he didn't have much to make his decisions on, but it seemed so one dimensional that I disliked him at that point. And he's never really caught on for me.

Clay I think is playing an awesome game. I didn't really like Richard Hatch either...but he played a good game. Which is also why I like Brian.

At this point, the only person I would be disappointed to see win would be Jake or Jan.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Clay's comment about telling everyone they're in the final four was hilarious and very clever. I don't mind him. I could see any one of these folks winning it except for Jan. I don't want her anywhere close to the winner's circle. I want her gone next week. But it won't happen.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I just don't like Brian and Clay. Sure, I think you have to be two-faced in order to win the game, but I don't think you have to be malicious. Clay and Brian have both made comments that I thought were arrogant and annoying. Brian's comment about everyone acting like "lost sheep" when he returned was just one more instance of him showing that he thinks he's superiour to everyone there. And Clay, well, he rips people all the time as well. I just don't think he's a nice man.

+ Reply to Thread