+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Episode 10 discussion thread ***Spoilers****

Helen and Jan are screwed if they don't make a jump this week. Do they want to be #4 and #5 in their old alliance, or #2 and #3 in a new alliance? Guaranteed F3 if they jump ship now and win the tie vote.
    I just hope they realize this!

Also, I'm really dying to find out what happens in a tie. Anyone think we'll ever get one.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Great thread everyone!

I think the best move for Brian would have been to lose the challenge. Looked like he tried to throw it, but couldn't without looking obvious.

It was a tough position for him. He had to take Clay. Clay was second and Clay chose to help Brian, so he owed him one. I found it interesting when Brian said he's glad he took Clay. And that comment Clay made about his date Brian having a nice ass? Well, given Brian's former career.....

Anyhow, I also hated the reward challenge. From that moment when Penny and Jake didn't stick together to ensure a member of CG was eliminated from the beginning, there was trouble.

I think Jake made a horrible mistake by voting out Erin and not Penny. People don't forget disloyalty and I wonder if that's part of the reason she was voted out. Regardless of how the others feel about Jake.

I still think Helen will make a move. She's smart. Remember, Helen never promised to let Jake in, she only promised she wouldn't vote for him. I think she spearheaded Jake's reprieve. I wouldn't be surprised to see Helen, Jake and Jan team up.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I have to say I hated the reward challenge too.
    I think it shoyuld have been held when there were six people left.
    It was ridiculous that Jake didn't even get to compete.

I hope we do get a tie Cali, just so we can see if purple rock makes a reappearance.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think Helen is a really smart cookie and will make the necessary decisions to advance herself deeper into the game, and by that I mean further than Brian or Clay. I think she's hearing Jake because what he says about Brian and Clay has the ring of truth. Jake's not stirring the pot just for the sake of causing trouble. He sees the path they're on right now, and he's doing everything in his power to change it. I really respect that. I think he's saving "the names" for a final power play, although he had no reason to suspect that last night wouldn't be his last stand. At any rate, he really has nothing to lose now, and he should throw those names out there to get Helen and Ted (and even "I'm not even playing the game!" Jan) on his side.

I found it amusing to see Jake communicating with the jury, albeit non-verbally. Erin and Ken were eating up his meaningful glances. If he makes it to the final two somehow, he will have strong support from the Sook Jai on the jury. Penny would probably even throw her support behind him. He'd need just one Chuay Gahn vote at that point to win it.

I'd like to see him stick around. He's intelligent and playing the game very well. Never say die, Snake!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

My heart just broke for Jake. I hated that they were so mean to him.

If Jake goes far - and I really think that he will - his luck is about to turn. Should he make the F2, with Helen, let's say.. Helen will have had to turn her back on some of her old tribemates. Regardless of how she's played the game, someone like Clay will be B-I-T-T-E-R and Jake will get the anti-vote.

I'm thinking that Ted and Helen might hook up and take this to the end with Jake as their #3.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Clay is kind of like Richard Hatch, saying "Sure, I'm playing everyone, and they're stupid if they don't realize it."
    Good observation. The biggest difference I see is that I never imagined Richard saying "They're always after me Lucky Charms!"
    Attached Images Attached Images

OMG!

Brilliant. Arrogant and cocky worked with Richard. Clay? Not so much.

it'll be a great joy to see clay gets voted out without him realising it...
    the look on his face will be most amusing
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

I wonder if he'll cry like John (S4) did?

Princess
    Originally posted by fluff
    Interesting, Clay and Brian did not vote the same way.

Jake voted for Jan
    Ted, Jan, Brian and Helen for Penny.
    Penny and Clay voted for Jake.
    That was very interesting as it suggests that Clay isn't in the loop at all as he thinks! I wonder if Helen and Brian aren't closer than we are led to believe. Brian only talks about that he's playing both Clay and Ted, but what we don't hear about (at least I haven't) is what his "relation" with Helen and Jan is.

I too didn't like neither the RC nor the IC. I wonder though if they weren't both devised with the purpose of making ppl reveal their alliances.

+ Reply to Thread