+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Episode 10 discussion thread ***Spoilers****

I agree about Clay. I don't like him anymore. He needs to go. I just hope he doesn't win IC next week.

I am impressed with Brian's position.

He is successfully playing both Clay and Ted, while the rest of the tribe allows it to happen.

I agree, Jake should have named names to Ted, and too Helen as well. But he didn't, and meanwhile Brian stays clean. Remarkable, especially given last weeks video faux pax.

I think Penny made an obviously horrible decision to trust Clay.

I can accept that she and Jake were desperate to avoid Pagonging. In fact, once they lost Ken, there are good arguments that it would be in their best interests to try to save themselves first.

So I don't fault Penny for making a choice and trying to stay in the game. In fact, in many cases we all would be sitting here ripping them for sitting back and allowing themselves to get picked off one by one just in the name of loyalty.

BUT, I totally fault her for making a decision to trust the guy who clearly set up her and the rest of Sook in the last vote.

It seems only Jake learned from that experience.

Helen needs to wake up immediately to reality, and Jake needs to keep rattling the tribe, trying to find a weakness. If he can succeed, he will turn the game upside down, and I give him credit for understanding the dynamics remarkably well at this point.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Princess
    Agree with everyone above!!
    I don't understand why Helen didn't jump to Jake's proposal... but I suppose he didn't lay it out that well. Do Brian and Helen have a super secret alliance to get to final 2? At least, does Helen think so?

I think Brian needs to watch more than just his back when it comes to Clay. The number of comments Clay was making about Brian's cute or sweet ass (can't remember exactly) makes me think that Brian better win an IC soon or borrow the necklace from whoever has it to wear around his waist when he's sleeping

I haven't cared much for Clay from the start but he really irritated me tonight and I was sure hoping he would be the one to go. Oh well, there's always next time.

Clay did annoy me too.
    I wish Jake had named names to Ted. He should approched Jan to talk to her too. I hope Helen catches on at least, but she may not.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I think Brian really screwed up taking Clay. He should have taken Ted. Here's my reasoning:

Brian KNOWS that Jake has told Ted what was happening last week. While he and Clay were able to convince Ted it's all wrong, he took a chance taking Clay away leaving Jake there to talk to everyone about what was going on. If he had taken Ted (Who really just gave up and actually helped Brian up the wall) He could have told Clay he felt as though Clay NEEDED to stay there to make sure that Ted and Jake couldn't talk more. I'm sure Clay would have thought that was brilliant, and it would have given Ted reason to believe that his and Brians alliance is really strong. Now, Ted knows just how strong Brian and Clays alliance is, and could be turned easier.
    Like many of the people above Clay is bugging the crap out of me and I'd like someone to give him the smackdown. Shees, even Jan could do it!

On a funny note, I found it ammusing that Jan didn't want to give up the thermos of Beer and they kept showing shots of her holding it closely!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Lots of good comments above.

I absolutly hated the reward challange. For Jake to be left at the starting line had to be humiliating. It would be like going to a Sadie Hawkins dance, and none of the women would make eye contact with you. Bummer.

And at the wall event, both Brian and ted helped Clay up. than Clay stretches his arms down and BOTH Brian and Ted latched onto one. For a brief moment I wanted Clays arms to be jerked outta the sockets! Again...as with Jake at the begining it had to
    be a dejected moment for Ted.

Kind of a sick and twisted event.
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

I don't think Brian could have taken Ted to the reward challenge.
    It would have looked highly suspicious to take onyone other than the person he had been partnered with in the beginning and who had "fought" him in the final stage.
    I think his choice of Clay was absolutely appropriate and althought Ted probably wasn't happy it is far easier to justify taking Clay to Ted and the tribe than to justify taking Ted imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I guess I just saw it differently.
    To me, Ted gave up on trying to get over and handed it to either of them to win it. Seems like either one could have said that was the reasoning for taking Ted.
    I am actually happy about it though as it gives Ted one more reason to possibly see that Clay and Brian might not really want him in the final 3-4
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I think Penny really put the hammer down on Jake. That was really poor performance on her part. And I really wanted to smack her when she got "that look" at TC when Jake mentioned her name. Beyotch.

Jake should have named names. But, maybe he realizes he's got 3 days left to change his fate, and he'll start shaking things up big-time next week. I know I would. I'd name names, talk about things with everyone around to make them uncomfortable, accuse people of stuff even if they didn't do it, etc. Just all-around shake-up.

Clay was annoying, but Brian bald-face lied to Ted. So, they're both conspiring against Ted. Clay is kind of like Richard Hatch, saying "Sure, I'm playing everyone, and they're stupid if they don't realize it."

Helen and Jan are screwed if they don't make a jump this week. Do they want to be #4 and #5 in their old alliance, or #2 and #3 in a new alliance? Guaranteed F3 if they jump ship now and win the tie vote.

+ Reply to Thread