+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survivor 8: 18 contestants!

Survivor 8: 18 contestants!

Sorry if this is old news, but I haven't been paying attention to "spoiler" contestant lists for this series.

But CBS has announced that S8 will have EIGHTEEN competitors.

I thought that was noteworthy.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Cool! Thanks for the update John! I can't wait to see who made the list.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    More information about that at survivorfever.net - [removed by John] go there and read it.
    Last edited by John; 12-13-2003 at 12:19 PM.

This thread is not marked "spoiler" - please use it only to discuss information publicly released by CBS.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Sorry if this is old news, but I haven't been paying attention to "spoiler" contestant lists for this series.

But CBS has announced that S8 will have EIGHTEEN competitors.

I thought that was noteworthy.

Yes, there will be 18 contestants. They wanted to have 20, but two of the people they made offers too declined.

Holy frijole! I wonder if they're stocking up on bodies so as to have more "twists" like 2 eliminated at once.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Maybe with 18 they could have 3 tribes of 6 instead of 2 tribes of 9.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Mark Burnett has promised that the All-Star Survivor will be full of surprises for both the contestants AND the viewers. He said the game as we know it will change. He said that he wanted all the contestants to be on an even playing ground so to speak and not rely heavily on what they learned in their past series in playing the game. In other words....he knew that they would all come in pretty cocky knowing what to expect having played the game before so he decided to upend their expectations and do somethings totally different. I can't wait!!

However.....My attention is focused squarely on tomorrow nights finale. It's gonna be good!
    Last edited by John; 12-14-2003 at 09:20 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Idol Critic
    He said that he wanted all the contestants to be on an even playing ground so to speak and not rely heavily on what they learned in their past series in playing the game.
    Actually any contestants from S7 have an advantage that nobody know anything about them going into All Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    Actually any contestants from S7 have an advantage that nobody know anything about them going into All Stars.

It's true that no one knows anything about the S7 players, but that's not the point. The point is, according to Mark Burnett, the game will be so fundamentally different from what it has been so far that no player has the advantage over the other. S7 players who watched all the other players will not have an advantage because anything they learned about previous players personalities or how they THINK a person will handle something based on their past will not be of use do to the differences in the game. I have no idea what MB is up too, but if he promises it will be different then I'm sure it will be. If he swears that ALL the contestant's strategies coming into the game will have to be scraped because of major changes and situations that they never encountered before...then I believe him. If should be VERYYYYY interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast