+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your advice to future players

Your advice to future players

If your best friend scored a spot on Survivor 9, what would your whispered words of advice be?

I'll start with some things I've learned.
    1. In the first half, work diligently, and agree with everybody.
    2. After the merge, don't try to win an individual reward unless you are certain you can benefit from time away from the group.

FORT Fogey
    Yes, and if you do win the reward I would say take it just to get the food energy, BUT take the person you think is MOST against you.

I am for lying low as long as possible, getting to know my fellow tribemates, then coming out in the end. Also, get on line and read up on some ways to build shelters, cook food etc!

"Never underestimate the power of a women" - Deena

Before the merge, when it's tribe vs. tribe, NEVER throw a challenge. No matter how annoying your tribemates may be, put up with them. It's only 39 days out of your whole life.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Leo
    Premium Member
    Don't pretend that you can win without lying. Lying and deception are as part of the game as anything else.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Read "What Survivors Should Have Learned" at RealityNewsOnline.

edit: and when you're backstabbing someone, hide the blade until the very last second!

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    edit: and when you're backstabbing someone, hide the blade until the very last second!
    that's great, Siryn!

My two cents are to make a die-hard alliance with someone the rest would least expect and to appear slightly weaker than you really are at the beginning, but not so weak that people think you're useless
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Leo
    Premium Member
    On a lighter note:

- It's not a good idea to spend several days on an island wearing only your boxers.

- It's not a good idea to compete in a challenge naked, either.

- Pelicans are friendly birds.

- Learn how to start a fire.

FORT Regular
    Do not devise some out of character strategy. Be yourself. It is the only way you can win.

Do make an effort to be more aware of and to fine tune the "self" you take to the game.

before going

- Get healthy, fit, and agile of both body and mind. Understand what circumstances compromise your physical/mental abilities most (such as being hungry, tired, etc.) and practice working through it.

- Ask family and friends to tell you what they think your strengths and weaknesses are. Ask them what is the one thing they think can cause you to lose the game. Perhaps more importantly, absorb what your enemies, critics and casual aquaintances say/have said. Observe how you react and how adults of all ages and genders respond to you in adverse situations, even if you have to orchestrate the situations.

When you're there/meet your tribe/at challenges

- Study the other players individually and as a group.

- Observe body language.

- Determine your own niche, and don't let others do it for you, such as "electing" you as the leader.

- Don't complain or whine

- Choose your words carefully ... always.

- Be yourself, only better

FORT Fogey
    Wow echo... you've really thought this through... Have you applied for Survivor?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast