+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survivor: Pirate Report (Final Four) - How to Lose the Game in Two Easy Steps

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessRight
    In The Early Show, Burton explained that his Lill vote was a result of his pre-TC knowledge that Lill was no longer on his side. So he just did what he had to do.
    Actually, by last week, I was referring to the week before, when his buddy Jon saved him by cutting a deal with Sandra and Christa, which they promptly broke the very next vote.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Just don't go around complaining about loyalty later on when it works against you.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey
    Bill... you were talking about Andrew being in the jury in one of your posts, but he was voted out too early to be on the jury.

Ahh, good catch, gotta stop drinking in the morning
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Regular
    Thanks for the insightful review, Bill. It's been a pleasure to read throughout the season.

searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar
    So Who is Going to Win?
    Assuming that Jon will join the sulkers at Losers Lodge, and that either Darrah or Sandra wins IC, Vengeance Queen Lill is the most reasonable boot on the sheer basis of her being an Outcast. But should Lill win IC, Sandra might be voted out because Iím guessing that Lill will finally redeem herself by showing her Morgan loyalty. Should Lill and Darrah end up as the F2, Darrah will win the unanimous vote because not only has she consistently won the recent challenges (and proven her Survivor endurance), the members of the jury (except Burton) all got shortchanged by the Outcasts and will not be willing to award the million bucks to one. Burton's vote, I assume, will go to Darrah.
    Last edited by PrincessRight; 12-13-2003 at 01:51 PM.
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Well, I didn't say that I said she could beat Lil.

I think she loses to Sandra. Rupert, Jon, Christa, and Lil would vote for Sandra in my opinion. Simply because the only way I see Darrah getting there is by winning the final challenge, and choosing Sandra, which means she dumps Lil, and we have seen how Lil responds to such things. But it would be a close vote. No assurances that the Morgans would stay loyal either, as rejected Rhino might jump ship to the perceived better player. I think Tijuana is likely a strong Darrah supporter.

Every season though there folks who vote in ways that surprise you.

**edited to fix stupid sentence
    My phrasing was bad, I knew that you ment specifically against Sandra and JFP.

If she were to boot Lill in the F3 TC, I agree with you she'll loose, But choosing Sandra would be the biggest mistake, since Burton to JFP on a reward challage and even I DISC would admit she does not deserve to win if she does that. I would still be happy if she did, but I would agree Sandra outplayed her. My analysis is based on Darrah making it to F2 with Sandra only if Sandra wins final IC. I think she would choose Darrah, because "she" believes the comments she made about Lill being a favorite against her, even though we tend to think the opposite. I agree Ryno and Burton are possible vote changes, but the vote against Ryno was to save herself from an obvious sinking ship, Ryno new he was going out. The question/answer session would be very important. JFP may also be on the fence, JFP could be a jurer who looks at playing the game rather than tribal loyalty. This is where the lack of editting gives us a difficult read on his feelings toward Darrah. We know they have several discussions, and a 2 man alliance, who didn't, but JFP knows he took actions against her after that and that she was aware of it.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac
    I agree with you except for:
    Jon vs. Sandra
    I think if Jon answers the questions better than Sandra, he could come away with a victory.

The big question will be the jury. I don't think this group with be the vengeful group like S4. I'm thinking this group will listen to the arguements and make a logical choice.
    I love Sandra and hope she wins, but I'm not sure she could beat Jon. Both Ti and Burton said in interviews that after watching on tv they had a new respect for Sandra and how she is playing the game. Niether of them thought she was playing a good game until they saw her on tv, They both thought that Jon was playing a good game while they were there.

Great job again Bill, thanks for a great season.

I don't know what has happened to Sandra recently. She went from someone who seemed to have it under control to a vengeful player who was ready to sabotage the camp. I hope she can get it together but I fear that Fairplay may convince the others to vote her out, esp. if he somehow wins the IC. The jury should be entertaining to say the least - several of them feel they should have made the final 2.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Don't underestimate Jon's Gift of the Gab.
    If he gets to the final two, he will make a very strong case for himself. He can stress that it's just a game, and that he played it very well. That the Grandma trick was a legit tactic, while his opponent (esp. Lil or Darrah) did very little to earn the money.
    And if Sandra is his opponent, playing up her sabotage could be deadly.

Oh well you guys will know in a few hours.
    Here in australia, it's Sunday 11pm... we get 3 hours of Survivor in Australia tomorrow starting at 8:30. The TV is MINE! The wife can watch sitcoms somewhere else.

Great end to a great season of Pirate Reports, Bill. I hope you'll write one more article about the finale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123