+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ep. 11: "A Big Surprise...and Another"

SuperJude™
    Richard Hatch Victory Dance!

With apologies to those with Netscape (you won't see the scrolling marquee command), I am glad I am not the only one who agrees with myself!

Say Word!

-SJ™

I think Stephanie was an appalling contestant, she didn't even try to play the game.
    I did develop a bit of a soft spot for "dude" by the end of the show though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

SuperJude™
    Originally posted by fluff
    I did develop a bit of a soft spot for "dude" by the end of the show though.
    I dunno, it just smelled of crap. Who knows, I have had some "I actually like you when I am drunk" moments so maybe it was real. Too little too late I suppose.

There is just this thing about Survivor that bugs me, the way they lie about things, or have been so insulated in life that they mean what they say.

"Just like family"
    "Like losing a family member"
    "Life altering experience"
    "Hardest thing I have ever done"

That kinda shit. A couple weeks away and suddenly your life has changed with this amazing experience? More like he got drunk and had to be cool since he was going anyway. Whenever people have these "revelations" or say things like "I am fighting for my life" I instantly lose respect.

Since I never respected Dude (2 d's!) he went into negative territory for me. However that bit about him trashing Clay was the best thing he did besides get stung. No offense, but I just never warmed to him. Watching this recap ep and thinking, you know, it could just be that whiney tone of voice he had?

Dunno. Mysteries of the Survivor universe.

-SJ™

SJ - GREAT post!

Like Fluff, I also started to warmed to Robb. I think I will forever remember his gracious exit (Guys, it's TWO B's - the hug with Ken - tears in everyone's eyes) He's a good kid, if not odd.

Let the Ghandia hate-fest continue. She's a piece of work.

I don't like Clay, but I did. My best friend is very defensive of him and says the same sort of thing. You don't have to be a wonderful person on this show and for the most part, it screws you over.

I still don't like him though.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

SuperJude™
    Hey I love Nirvana but I would have hated Kurt Cobain personally. Ditto every hip-hop artist I listen too.

If nothing else I learned my lesson with Survivor 1. Edited to make me hate Richard, I blindly followed, thankfully seeing the truth in the second to last ep.

Therefore, yes Clay is an ass (heh) but an amusing little ass.

Ghandia- legal secretaty. And what cases garner the most sympathy? Why those involving men who violate women of course. And there she went, using it to her fullest and THEN telling Helen and Jan that yeah, sure he molested me but let's keep him around and vote off Clay. [sarcasm]Sure sounds like a victim to me![/sarcasm]. Plus that "I know I have a gut but I am gonna accentuate it" body language. And that hair? In NY parlance, we call bad dreadlocks "shitlocks". And gold tinges shitlocks at that? Why draw attention to both your nasty body and hair?

Somewhere, someplace, the government must have abducted her for some experiment and used mind altering drugs and convinced her that she was a beautiful, amazing sports star?

Errr.........nevermind. My hatred poureth over.

The beauty of downloading eps is I can look at everything over and over in the blink of an eye, just to make sure of certain things.

Like this- in the episode with the food auction (episode 5) when Jan goes to pick up the nachos, MB edits in this weird, crazy sounding voice over her face shot, and again when she takes a bite. Hmmm. Editing to make Jan look nuts huh MB? Don't believe me? Check it out. Makes you wonder....

-SJ™

Ultra Concealed Lurker Invisigoth's Avatar
    I don't think editing makes Jan look crazy - I think she does a good job of that on her own.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Jude, I am so with you on the "like a family" blah blah bullshit.

Penny says Erin was like a sister to her.
    You know her three freakin' weeks!!!!
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm thinking the Brian / Clay thing was just a show. Brian & Ted must have thought people were onto them & tried to throw them off. Publicly dissing Ted in the challenge was a brilliant move, if in fact it was a ploy.

Princess
    Jodaar... I think it is really hard to know how this Brian/Ted/Clay alliance is working. But I think Brian told in a confessional that he is playing them both, i.e. both Ted and Clay think that they are the "chosen one" to be in final 2 with Brian. If I were Ted or Clay, I wouldn't want to be with Brian in the final 2, as Brian seems to be pretty well liked by everyone (as far as we have seen anyway).

Re. the "family bullshit". I've experienced a similar situation, and I don't believe they are lying at all. I think the stress they live under make them function in a completely different way than they normally do - the intensity makes 1 day feel like a week, or a month, or even a year! However it is of course very different from person to person. It would be interesting to hear from somone who actually was there how they *really* felt about it.

Great observations, SJ. I agree with most of it. Clay has all the conniving qualities needed to win Survivor, but I still don't like him. Richard Hatch had all those same qualities, but even though I didn't like him, I felt that he deserved to win. I don't feel that Clay deserves to win.

I also warmed up to Robb at the end. Yes, he was annoying at first, but he was very competitive and loyal to the end. His "family moment" the night before TC, even though, it might've looked like he did it to gain sympathy, felt to me like it came from his heart.

And you are not alone in the Ghandia hate-fest. I think the majority of the people will agree with you on that one.

+ Reply to Thread