+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lex thinks this seasons a bore:

Stephanie joins Greg from S1 in the "all-time worst preparation for the game" hall of fame.

I think she was just completely unwilling to adapt to the fact she was working towards what should have been shared goals.
    The whole shelter/food &water debate was pointless and a waste of everyones energy.
    They need all three of those things and it seems perfectly reasonable to me that the duties should be split in order to achieve whatever comfort they can.
    I really don't see that it was anything to argue about.
    The fact that annoyed the shelter people I think, is that two of the stronger people, i.e. Stephanie and Jed, didn't have any intention of doing the more physical tasks.
    Last edited by fluff; 12-08-2002 at 10:55 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Ultra Concealed Lurker Invisigoth's Avatar
    I think Steph was totally unprepared for the hunger, and it showed in her antisocial behavior. After they won some bananas, and she got a little to eat, she started to speak and mentioned that she felt like she was up to 65% of normal. Maybe if she was still around for the thai feast we would have seen a better side of her.

Ultimately she was not up for the challenge.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Stephanie clearly works out and has a physically demanding job, I imagine she packs away quite a few calories on any regular day.
    I agree Goth, she wasn't not prepared for the hunger, which to me means you are not prepared for the challenge of Survivor at all.
    If the contestants know nothing else about the show, they know they will be hungry.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Further, sleeping outside in the rain is not a proven way of maintaining your health, even in the tropics.

I don't cut her too much slack.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

That's very true Bill.
    I think her body started to reject the challenge and the elements very early on.
    She certainly didn't help herself by taking the very stubborn (imo) stance of sleeping in monsoons every night as a way of practising "shelter avoidance".
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sometimes I think I am too hard on Stephanie, but I think that my analysis is accurate in that she didn't come to play.

It is much more of a game of group dynamics than it is a game of survival.

Stephanie is one of the more disappointing performers compared to potential that I can recall in recent memory. Perhaps Hunter was on her level.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Princess
    Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    I think you hit the nail on the head there, Bill!

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Sometimes I think I am too hard on Stephanie, but I think that my analysis is accurate in that she didn't come to play.

Stephanie is one of the more disappointing performers compared to potential that I can recall in recent memory. Perhaps Hunter was on her level.
    I agree Bill.

I feel Hunter played the game very badly too.
    He was no doubt the most important person in his tribe as far as the pure survival element of the show is concerned, but as a game player he stunk.

I can see why Lex feels this season is not up to par.
    I've found it more interesting since the teams were down to fewer players. Even the in-house fighting at Sook Jai was boring to me.
    Jed, Stephanie, Ken, Erin and Penny, did not "shine" as far as I'm concerned. They were all players of potential, but they were either dull, or presented as such by the editing. The Chuay's were much more interesting to me than the Sooks.
    The dullest thing of all in this series is that we have now witnessed another "Pagonging".
    While it made sense for the Chuays to dump Jake at the last TC as he would automatically have gotten three votes if he made the final two, the absolute certainty that he would go made for grim viewing and sadly leaves us on course for a Brian/Clay final two.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree Fluff. My only complaint is that the past few shows have been predictible in it's Pagonging.

The last two episodes should be pretty good as they turn on each other. The first Survivor was where Pagonging was originated and I dont' think anyone thought IT was boring.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread