+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guys, please help me with this one...

Taking a mub bath CluelessPenguin's Avatar

Guys, please help me with this one...

How much do the survivors get paid? I know the first booted off gets like 2500? and the runner up a cool 100,000 and of course the big prize for the winner. But what about the others? anyone know? just curious.

One more thing, how are tv-viewership statistics figured out? i mean...do our tv sets have like hidden transmitters or something like that?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by CluelessPenguin
    How much do the survivors get paid? I know the first booted off gets like 2500? and the runner up a cool 100,000 and of course the big prize for the winner. But what about the others? anyone know? just curious.

One more thing, how are tv-viewership statistics figured out? i mean...do our tv sets have like hidden transmitters or something like that?

Thank you!
    I'm not exactly sure of the amount, but their "stipends" are pro-rated basically. In other words....the longer they stay the more they get, but I don't think it's all that much. On one of the series I heard it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $750.00 dollars a week. Again, I'm not sure on the amount....just on how they work it. I hope this helped a little.

sleuthgirl25

Thank you!
    I can't say for the amounts everyone gets, but as far as the "ratings" those are based, I believe on all the special Nielson families. People who have been selected to have their tv viewing pleasure monitered. I don't know how you are selected or if this is the sole basis, but I think that it pretty much is. I have been wrong before though

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthgirl25
    I can't say for the amounts everyone gets, but as far as the "ratings" those are based, I believe on all the special Nielson families. People who have been selected to have their tv viewing pleasure monitered. I don't know how you are selected or if this is the sole basis, but I think that it pretty much is. I have been wrong before though
    Oh, I missed the second part of her question. Actually, I'm not convinced they still rely on the whole "selected neilson family" thing anymore.

With todays satellite dishes, and cable systems the companies know EXACTLY what stations people are tuned into, and for how long. It's all computerized info taken by the sattelites, and sent back to earth.

For instance....you are waiting for a show to come on at 8:30 pm., but until then you decide to watch a half hour show on another station. After this show is over you decide say....somewhere around 8:27 p.m. to switch stations to the one airing your programs. The satellite, or cable company takes the electronic channel request, and logs it. In other words....they know what you are watching, and when you are watching it. BEWARE OF BIG BROTHER!

IC, I see.

So if one's tuned in too long to say...shopping channel, they'll prolly be expecting their mailboxes be filled up with flyers and promot materials and samples and about 62 more pieces of "You've won $1000000000000" crap.

IC, I see.

So if one's tuned in too long to say...shopping channel, they'll prolly be expecting their mailboxes be filled up with flyers and promot materials and samples and about 62 more pieces of "You've won $1000000000000" crap.
    Well, theoretically yes. I would hope the cable and satellite companies wouldn't sell that type of info, but I wouldn't be surprised. They don't know whom in your household is watching....or what age they are so it's hard to pinpoint some of the demographics. They might get more of the demographics using the "old fashioned" method of in house Nielsons, but they definately know what you're viewing habits are.

I remember reading an article once pertaining to the Super Bowl. I don't remember the exact numbers, but that's not really important. The article said something to the effect that 5 minutes after the Super Bowl ended....something like 24 million households changed their stations to some other program. My point being again......they not only know what, and when you are watching...they even know HOW MUCH of it you watched! So remember....next time you decide to flip channels during the commercials to see what else is going on with the other stations.....you're helping SOME show...or some SHOWS stay on the air at least a little longer. LOL.

Well... actually I have no clue, but I'm just posting to show off my new avatar and signature
    You laugh because I'm different...
    I laugh because your underwear's showing.

Smile!

I read something somewhere some time ago, I don't remember the source going on memory here- but I thought it starts at $3,000 Which is 1000 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by cajro62
    I read something somewhere some time ago, I don't remember the source going on memory here- but I thought it starts at $3,000 Which is 1000 a day.
    I'm only guessing the 2500 amount cos in the USA Today article which I am sure most have read by now, the ASS first booted person gets 25,000 which is like tenfold the amount now (or something like that).

wow...25,000!!! not a bad consolation prize money at all huh?

OT - So who were the two who turned down ASS? heidi said she did in her Sucks posting. Who's the other I wonder.

Anyway, back on topic, what about the third person, like Jan. Wonder what she got, if 3000 a day is the figure, she'd have done pretty well herself.

FORT Fogey
    They offered Heidi a chance to go ASS? Ick! She is someone I would NOT want to see again. Why not Dave? Grrrr!

Yeah, just getting on Survivor guarantees a chance to make some money. A decent amount too. Not bad. I'd take it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast