+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ryan's chat

Taking a mub bath CluelessPenguin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Q: I read somewhere that you said Osten had holes in his body. Explain this please.
    Ryan O: Osten had pus-filled holes in his body that needed to be cleaned out regularly. It was pretty disgusting. I'm not exactly sure what it was.

I would still like to know what the heck he's talking about here. This is just weird and gross.

Osten said in his interviews that he had to have 6 staph injections in his chest. Staph - parasitic bacterium that can cause blood poisoning and boils etc. pretty yucky stuff. i guess he got it as a result of not having any clothes on and getting bitten by bugs all the time. That must be it. Gawd....how gross. I guess they did a good job cleaning it out though cos he didn't seem to have any obvious boils or what not...thankfully!

Princess
    6 staph injections
    Hopefully it was staph infections . Quite disgusting though... I think I would want to leave too if that was the case since there were still so many days left.

Quote Originally Posted by Modesty
    Hopefully it was staph infections . Quite disgusting though... I think I would want to leave too if that was the case since there were still so many days left.
    I'm just wondering...since Andrew loved to baby him, why didn';t he give him his blue shirt? We saw Osten sleep shirtless...hmmm... He could keep his jacket but at least give Osten his shirt. I do feel kinda sorry for the poor guy, as much as I hate him as a quitter and whiner. Bet he regretted bartering off his own clothes when he clearly didn't have to!

I agree, that's nasty stuff. I now am sure it was boils and if so...I too might have left and I would understand how Osten may have felt...faced with the future of being known as a quitter...or...putting your health first. On the outside you may get boils but who knows what other infections may have been worming through and blood poisoning, septicemia, is not a sunshiny outing.

Then again, I might also try and do something about it like try harder and win rewards and get those fabric and stuff. *shrug* it's hard for us to say...we were never in his shoes. But also, Osten said the injections (I think I read his transcript correctly? He said he needed inJections) left him weak too and he still feels the effects to this day. He also said the editing made him look bad and we never saw any of that stuff.

Okay a pretty long rant! Sorry!
    Last edited by CluelessPenguin; 11-15-2003 at 07:50 AM.

I think Osten *tried* but unfortunately he drowned

Quote Originally Posted by CluelessPenguin
    Osten said in his interviews that he had to have 6 staph injections in his chest. Staph - parasitic bacterium that can cause blood poisoning and boils etc. pretty yucky stuff. i guess he got it as a result of not having any clothes on and getting bitten by bugs all the time. That must be it. Gawd....how gross. I guess they did a good job cleaning it out though cos he didn't seem to have any obvious boils or what not...thankfully!

Can I say EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Thanks for answering me though. Man that is one of the grossest things ever.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by CluelessPenguin
    I'm just wondering...since Andrew loved to baby him, why didn';t he give him his blue shirt? We saw Osten sleep shirtless...hmmm... He could keep his jacket but at least give Osten his shirt. I do feel kinda sorry for the poor guy, as much as I hate him as a quitter and whiner. Bet he regretted bartering off his own clothes when he clearly didn't have to!
    You're right. Osten should've sold his body for more moolah.

And the pus stuff is pretty nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Can I say EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Thanks for answering me though. Man that is one of the grossest things ever.
    yeah and if it was really that bad I gues we can sort of put it in perspective why he quit. but now nthis should go into the osten thread

P/S None of the others apparently had any staph infections. that's why i guess it was easier for them to say yeah i'm not quitting! plus they were not eating well so osten's immune system probably went from bad to worse.

FORT Fogey
    As much as I thought that Osten's quitting was the worst thing ever, I now can see why it happens.

People get voted out all the time for being sick because people feel it was better for them so they could get better.

Why didn't Osten say that he was very sick and it was making him weaker and more miserable? Who wants to be on there while they have a staff infection? That'd be just unbearable. We might not have been so hard on him then.

Just glad we didn't have to see it though...

searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Ryan really liked Darrah! Awww poor guy! Unavailable people...it's tough. I love you though, babe!
    OK, call me a shameless hopeless romantic because I'd like to believe that Ryano's public admission of feeling the spark for Darrah was his way of letting her know that until she's married to her BF, he hasn't given up on her. If Ryano's the same in reality as his TV persona, he might be quite a catch. Besides his smiley attitude, there's a sereneness about him that's totally attractive. He'll be some lucky girl's peace of mind in this crazy world! And didn't a poster mention the twinkle in his eyes? What woman wouldn't love to sit across from the breakfast table from those!
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

FORT Fogey
    Oh man, princess!

Damn...I know I would! He is one of the most incredible guys I've seen(not just looks, but is insanely sweet). I would love to eat breakfast with him every morning and see this beautiful eyes.

Haha, I guess you can say I've fallen.

Darrah doesn't deserve it though. She obviously doesn't care much about him at all. Some lucky girl will. (A lot of us posters all over like him, we would gladly go out with him.) I just hope that he'll find the right girl soon. Darrah obviously isn't. Life can suck like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast