+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: What's with Christa and Ryno?

  1. #11
    FORT Fanatic Luna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore :)
    Age
    25
    Posts
    624
    Hmmm... this blowout seems very interesting - I'm a sucker for 'drama' like that. Wonder why it wasn't shown...

  2. #12
    Jonesing for Ben pink_princess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    frelled in the outer territories
    Age
    47
    Posts
    377
    Just a guess, but it seems likely it was an argument over the whole laziness thing. She probably was glaring at the three of them (T, D and R) and opened her mouth. Ryan would have been the only one to get back up in her face about it and from there, it probably was a blowout.

    That would explain why it was such a big issue that Christa felt the need to say as much as she did at TC, because she was still furious. Neither T nor D seemed that upset by her comments beyond saying they'd get wood when they felt like it.

    Also makes you wonder if the Girl Power Alliance (or the beginnings of it) and the Ryan/Christa fight were why T & D didn't even bother to give Ryan sympathy votes.

    Every time I see Jon, I want to flip him upside down and break his legs like a wishbone. I never knew I had such violent tendencies, lol.

  3. #13
    FORT Fan catfishbarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by pink_princess
    Just a guess, but it seems likely it was an argument over the whole laziness thing. She probably was glaring at the three of them (T, D and R) and opened her mouth. Ryan would have been the only one to get back up in her face about it and from there, it probably was a blowout.

    That would explain why it was such a big issue that Christa felt the need to say as much as she did at TC, because she was still furious. Neither T nor D seemed that upset by her comments beyond saying they'd get wood when they felt like it.

    Also makes you wonder if the Girl Power Alliance (or the beginnings of it) and the Ryan/Christa fight were why T & D didn't even bother to give Ryan sympathy votes.
    I don't think this is a spoiler but if it is I'm sorry. I read on another board the recaps of the Premium Yahoo Insider that the morning after the merge feast that Rupert got up and said there were 6 bananas left and now there are 4. then someone said there were only 5. Someone blamed Ryan and Christa and Ryan had some words with each other. When will the survivors learn that eating more than your share of food is a big no-no.
    I also suspect that that the thinkg between Christa and Darrah at tribal counsel may have been staged to hide the beginning of a girls alliance.

  4. #14
    Under Investigation Tirlittan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Also, what bugged me...why can't she wash her own hair?? That whole "bathing" thing her and Sandra were doing, really grossed me out. I saw NO reason for Sandra to slowly wash/rinse/tie her hair...all the while Sandra's hair was bone-dry and matted. ?? Wash your own sand-filled hairball of a head.
    I think that was female bonding righ there. Like mom washes daughters hair and braids it, or like girlfriends fix each others hair before going out. Under the circumstances they are in there is not much they can do...
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

  5. #15
    searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    away from the maddening crowd
    Posts
    139
    The blowout that Ryno elaborated on was Christa accusing him of stealing her orange, which she realized she'd eaten herself! It sounds lame to us in the civilized world, but when you're in a place where food is the only thing you can think of all day, an orange is a treasure!
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

  6. #16
    FORT Newbie SpankDaMonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    LoneStarStateTexas
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessRight
    The blowout that Ryno elaborated on was Christa accusing him of stealing her orange, which she realized she'd eaten herself! It sounds lame to us in the civilized world, but when you're in a place where food is the only thing you can think of all day, an orange is a treasure!

    I love my oranges too! However, it may have to do with the fact that they are some people in life we just can't get along with no matter how hard we try.
    She has that nauseating voice which could grate on anyone's nerves IMO. Christa seems like a team player though and she had gotten further than I expected.

  7. #17
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fantasy Land
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,395
    If someone had accused me of stealing some food out there, I wouldn't take it either. I'd probably get upset too.

    I don't blame Ryan one bit for that.

  8. #18
    FORT Regular Idol Critic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I think that was female bonding righ there. Like mom washes daughters hair and braids it, or like girlfriends fix each others hair before going out. Under the circumstances they are in there is not much they can do...
    I'm sure they are both capable of washing their own hair, but come on....think about it.......it's called strategy time! When you're on Survivor there is little opportunity to go off with someone and talk about the game without ALL the others getting paranoid. Being out in the open as they were in the water where everyone could see them surely seemed harmless to the others.

    It's not like they were out there washing each others bodies like Jenna (ugg) and Heidi (ugg ugg) were. I mean....give Christa and Sandra some credit. With that said.......Jenna and Heidi.....by using that time together did manage to go far in the game with Jenna (ugg) winning it all (wwWWWWWWAAAAAA!!)

    Maveno.....I find it a little odd that you were so disgusted by the whole thing. I mean after all......when you go and get your haircut haven't YOU ever had someone else i.e. the hairstylist wash your hair? Explain to me the difference because there is none that I can see.


    Edit: Oh, and BTW....You might respond by saying that you wash your own hair at home, and then have them cut it. Fair enough....a lot of people do it that way as well. Myself, when I get my hair cut....I also take a shower before hand and wash my own hair, BUT I still get it washed at the hairstyling place simply because my hair cuts and responds better when getting cut that way. Many people do it this way as well. My point being....people all over the world get their hair washed by someone else everyday so I can't figure out why you found it so offensive. I'm not busting on you.....not at all. I am just curious as to why you see it differently.
    Last edited by Idol Critic; 11-17-2003 at 01:48 AM.

  9. #19
    FORT Fogey livin4reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lawrence KS
    Posts
    2,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Idol Critic
    I'm sure they are both capable of washing their own hair, but come on....think about it.......it's called strategy time! When you're on Survivor there is little opportunity to go off with someone and talk about the game without ALL the others getting paranoid. Being out in the open as they were in the water where everyone could see them surely seemed harmless to the others.

    It's not like they were out there washing each others bodies like Jenna (ugg) and Heidi (ugg ugg) were. I mean....give Christa and Sandra some credit. With that said.......Jenna and Heidi.....by using that time together did manage to go far in the game with Jenna (ugg) winning it all (wwWWWWWWAAAAAA!!)

    Maveno.....I find it a little odd that you were so disgusted by the whole thing. I mean after all......when you go and get your haircut haven't YOU ever had someone else i.e. the hairstylist wash your hair? Explain to me the difference because there is none that I can see.


    Edit: Oh, and BTW....You might respond by saying that you wash your own hair at home, and then have them cut it. Fair enough....a lot of people do it that way as well. Myself, when I get my hair cut....I also take a shower before hand and wash my own hair, BUT I still get it washed at the hairstyling place simply because my hair cuts and responds better when getting cut that way. Many people do it this way as well. My point being....people all over the world get their hair washed by someone else everyday so I can't figure out why you found it so offensive. I'm not busting on you.....not at all. I am just curious as to why you see it differently.

    I know your question is directed to Maveno but thought I would respond. For me, I don't like people touching me except my immediate family. Even going to a hairstylist is...not uncomfortable but not something I actively look foward to doing either. For me there are other ways of bonding besides touch. That is my perference. My kids and husband are exempt, of course.

  10. #20
    FORT Regular Idol Critic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality
    I know your question is directed to Maveno but thought I would respond. For me, I don't like people touching me except my immediate family. Even going to a hairstylist is...not uncomfortable but not something I actively look foward to doing either. For me there are other ways of bonding besides touch. That is my perference. My kids and husband are exempt, of course.
    Oh, I know what you're saying. That's why I mentioned in my post that people are all different. I just thought the majority of people would find it harmless, and I was more or less intriqued that someone found it so distasteful. I don't agree or disagree with anyone's viewpoint of it. I'm just a curious guy when it comes to how people react differently under the same circumstances etc.

    In any case I respect everyone's opinions on it. We are all different and to each his own. That's what makes life so interesting to live.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.