+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Jury

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    I think he could have figured out it was a sweep. As tmcrae says, normally any vote the other way is included, just for tension sake.

On the other hand, he may or may not be pissed. If it was clear he was going to be the pagong vicitm, he may have agreed with T and D following through on their plan to save themselves.

In the end, Ryano had no cards to play to save himself. He tried, but no one wanted him still in the game, he was a visible threat.

Now it should get interesting.
    Good point, Bill. He may have encouraged T and D to vote for him in an effort to align themselves with the majority.

I can think of only two other occasions where a vote for the non-booted party was not revealed at Tribal Council. Rhino probably has a pretty good guess that all eight votes went his way. And, as Bill said, he may have urged the other Morgans to dogpile on him so they have a better chance of going deep in the game after he's gone.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    AND videotaped it at home so that he could watch it frame by frame.

Is there anyone out there who reads lips who could tell us what Christa was saying when she held up her vote? Her expression was really nasty.

Survivor Insider is showing the clip from Tribal Counsel - here is what she said:

"You're the most rudest, most direspectful person I've ever met. Ummm, you're so negative...

Last edited by Susie; 11-14-2003 at 12:40 PM.

Taking a mub bath CluelessPenguin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie
    Survivor Insider is showing the clip from Tribal Counsel - here is what she said:

"You're the most rudest, most direspectful person I've ever met. Ummm, you're so negative...

Yeah! that one got me all curious! what was all that about??

Also, jury members are not allowed to talk to one another right? Where are they housed after being booted off? Separately?

Quote Originally Posted by Susie

Thanks Susie. Wow, makes you wonder about the editing of Ryan. On the show and even on the Early Show this morning he seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

But then, consider who was saying it. Christa seems to have a Jeckle/Hyde personality.

Yeah - I think Christa might have a little touch of Sybil in her.

He said something nasty about Christa too. I wonder why they never showed them butting heads?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by tmcrae
    That may be true. But usually, they arrange the votes to come out of the urn so that the maximum number of votes for each person are shown at TC. The reason, I'm guessing, is two-fold:

1. They can maximize the tension at TC, and
    2. Revealing all the votes cast for the castaway NOT leaving that evening gives the tribe knowledge of "prior votes" which can be used to break tie votes at future TC's.

If Ryan had thought about it (which, judging from his positive final words to T and D, he's didn't), he should have come to the assumption that it was a unanimous vote for his ouster and that T and D "betrayed" him.
    I know they arrange votes for drama, and the fact that the remaining votes were never read was probably a red flag for anyone who's been watching the show that they were for Ryan. My only point (and the same one you made) was that Ryan didn't know at the time that the shown count was any reflection on the actual count and doesn't seem bright enought to have figured it out later either. We may all have known that it was 8-1, but all he saw was he had a majority and nothing more.

What's "not hard" for us to figure out is probably beyond some of these Einsteins on the show.

Argh..too...much...math...befo re...coffee.

Maybe you guys are right that he knew it was a majority when he said "...Morgan tribe was kinda down a little bit." I really can't wait for his comments and questions!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pink_princess
    I know they arrange votes for drama, and the fact that the remaining votes were never read was probably a red flag for anyone who's been watching the show that they were for Ryan. My only point (and the same one you made) was that Ryan didn't know at the time that the shown count was any reflection on the actual count and doesn't seem bright enought to have figured it out later either. We may all have known that it was 8-1, but all he saw was he had a majority and nothing more.

What's "not hard" for us to figure out is probably beyond some of these Einsteins on the show.

Argh..too...much...math...befo re...coffee.

You're right. He didn't figure it out. Read his chat!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast