+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: 11/13 Show Discussion

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab

Rupert had told Burton in private he was always the one being picked on by jocks. Well look at him now he's threatening to kill people that are against him like Chairman Mao. Pretty ironic don't you think?

And if they wanted to get rid of Rupert they should have targeted his coconut bin first. Duh. That was how he won immunity. -_-
    The thing is.. everybody wants to get rid of him but everybody is afraid to do so. By putting a coconut in his bin means declare a war with him.. and no one want to take the heat in brad daylight. Personally I think Rupter has a big ego problem.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenFan#205
    Personally I think Rupter has a big ego problem.
    Why? Because he got mad at Jon for being dishonest?

Quote Originally Posted by lil_cutie
    I think Christa was being so dumb at the IC, but yeah, she definitely might've been throwing it. I too caught that it only had A, B, C as answers and she answered D. I think she definitely wouldn't have done that on accident. I wondered what was up with that during the show.
    I would like to have heard Jeff's comment about her answering with a 'D' on a 'A', 'B' or 'C' question. Jeff has really gotten good at identifing stuff like "Throwing of challenges".

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by crackpot
    Why? Because he got mad at Jon for being dishonest?
    because the way he acted when sandra put a coconut in his bin. Who does he think he is ? so just because he provides foods for everybody, he can't be voted off ?
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I like Rupert, but he does carry a huge ego around. Too bad, cause he is his own demise imho. Especially after Sandra put the coconut in his bin, he immediately says, "Who's gonna catch your fish?"

I didn't like that he said that. He's riding the whole "I provide the food around here" too far, and believe me...if I were on the tribe, I'd be practicing with the spear in anticipation of Rupert being voted off soon.

Not that I want him out at all, but my support for him has been declining with each week. The reason for my decline is simply because I see him being very..umm..what's the right word here...totalitarian? I dunno, I just wish there was some way he could go UTR to last longer.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I like Rupert, but he does carry a huge ego around. Too bad, cause he is his own demise imho. Especially after Sandra put the coconut in his bin, he immediately says, "Who's gonna catch your fish?"

I didn't like that he said that. He's riding the whole "I provide the food around here" too far, and believe me...if I were on the tribe, I'd be practicing with the spear in anticipation of Rupert being voted off soon.

Not that I want him out at all, but my support for him has been declining with each week. The reason for my decline is simply because I see him being very..umm..what's the right word here...totalitarian? I dunno, I just wish there was some way he could go UTR to last longer.
    I understand what you are saying, however, nobody has to accept Rupert's food. If you don't feel like anybody owes him anything, than they shouldn't share in his splendor. If, on the other hand, people recognize what Rupert does for the team, then there is a responsibility that goes along with that. When you were a child, and lived with your parents, who provided for you and protected you, you had two options - enjoy those comforts and protections which come at a price, or, decide to run away, provide for yourself, and make your own decisions.

I do agree Rupert's statement was a little indignant - but if that's the best you guys can come up with against the guy, especially considering all the other a-holes on the island, then that's pretty weak -

FORT Regular
    I think Sandra was sending Rupert a message. I think he and Sandra are alot tighter than that. I think the comment and the way she played it off about being injured was just an example of how secure they are with each other.

They all seemed (except for Ryno) a bit too jovial for this to be anything taken too seriously. Im sure that they had all decided prior to this that Ryno was going home so were just having fun. They all knew this IC meant nothing.

Christa throwing it may have been to sooth the issue with Ryno. We dont know when that blow up happened and I get the impression it was fairly public.

Im fairly certain that the message to Rupert was loud and clear. We are saving your butt so listen to who is really in charge. I think the men are going down in flames.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crackpot
    I understand what you are saying, however, nobody has to accept Rupert's food. If you don't feel like anybody owes him anything, than they shouldn't share in his splendor. If, on the other hand, people recognize what Rupert does for the team, then there is a responsibility that goes along with that. When you were a child, and lived with your parents, who provided for you and protected you, you had two options - enjoy those comforts and protections which come at a price, or, decide to run away, provide for yourself, and make your own decisions.

I do agree Rupert's statement was a little indignant - but if that's the best you guys can come up with against the guy, especially considering all the other a-holes on the island, then that's pretty weak -
    Nah..I don't agree with you. If he brings in fish for everyone to eat, you'd be hanging yourself by rejecting his food. Anyone who says, "no" or "I'm not eating what Rupert catches"...is basically saying, "I am sooo not on anyone's side that's with Rupert".. which would getcha outta the game quick.
    Using the analogy of parents/children & Survivor ?? This is Survivor, not a family issue. With the game, you hafta hide feelings, go with the flow and basically play the best game you can cause you CAN'T leave. Although, I'd LOVE to see someone disassociate with the merged tribe and "run away" to make him/herself their own camp. LOL Next elimination, buh bye runaway!! (damn, that would be great to watch..honestly...for laughs anyway) If you want to win the game, you can't leave.

"but if that's the best you guys can come up with against the guy".... Lets clarify this.... I'm not against Rupert, I'm just pointing out why his popularity (in MY home anyway) has been declining, although we still want him to win.
    Last edited by Maveno; 11-14-2003 at 04:12 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    I'm thinking the group avoided putting coconuts in Rupert's bin because they have a strategy. Get rid of the strongest men...keeping Rupert close and then remove him for an all girl alliance ending.

They've hinted at an all girl alliance going on and I have to wonder if that was what Christa's lecture/chat during TC was to cover up? "I'm mad at T and the Morgan's laziness..." when underneath it all is a gal alliance.

I would think they need to keep Rupert close and happy hunting fish until the last moment....

The gals outnumber the guys....Rupert has been leading an alliance (in front of the cameras) with the gals of Drake from the beginning. Just as this episode showed, Christa and Sandra are thinking on their own apart from him too.

All gal final 4 is what I think.
    This would be pretty close to my guess as well. Rupert goes next week and then when the fake alliance (John, Burton, Lill, Tijuana and Darrah) go to vote out Christa the real alliance (Tijuana, Darrah, Christa and Sandra) surfaces. Hopefully that's the point Jon goes at ("Oh yeah, Johnny Fairplay is here to stay... hey, what just happened?") due to Burton winning immunity.

I suspect Burton's ability to win immunity might bring him to the final 4 though and throw some disharmony into an all female alliance. Though he probably wouldn't win the "Fallen Comrades" immunity and miss out on the final 3.

I really don't think that what Rupert said to Sandra was meant in a mean way. I took the whole thing as a joke. Rupert strikes me as a fairly intelligent man, so I think it is safe to assume that he knew he would eventually end up with some coconuts. Rupert may have blown up at Jon, but that was because he felt betrayed. Wouldn't you? I think Rupert has been as honest as one can expect in this game and extremely sportsmanlike. Handing over his reward to Burton and then to encourage Burton to take Lil was a nice thing to do. Give the guy a break.

+ Reply to Thread