+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Our Interview with Osten Taylor

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    John, thanks for taking the time to put together the interview questions. Osten, thanks for all the thought and effort you put into your responses!!!!!

I don't think we'll have to worry about seeing Osten turn up on Entertainment Tonight interviewing any other Survivor contestants. I mean, his questions would be: "What?!", "When?!", "Why?!", "How?!" and "Run for your lives! It's Pelican Pete!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    I think Jif handled it well, he had a quiter on the crew and wanted him off, if he wanted out, then get out!!!! To have him there when 1000s of people tried to get on the show and he gets on and quits. Push off you little bugger!!!!
    I thought Jiff was ridiculous.
    Not even bothering to have a vote?
    I thought that was overly dramatic.
    He had a quitter on the crew last season too, the only difference was that the rest of the tribe was willing to comply with the wishes of the person who wanted out this time.

With regard to him wanting to read the lyrics of his favourite c.d.'s, I don't know why people are criticising him for this.
    Some song lyrics can be very inspirational, particularly if they remind you of a certain incident in your life.
    Sure he could just sing the songs, but they'd probably tell him not to as they do on Big Brother.

It seems as though everything this guy does is being questioned.
    If a well-liked Survivor had taken cd's to read the lyrics I doubt anyone would be commenting on it. JMO.

I'm greatful to Osten for answering John's questions, even if his responses were brief.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    If a well-liked Survivor had taken cd's to read the lyrics I doubt anyone would be commenting on it. JMO.

I just wanted to comment that on the first episode (before I knew anything about Osten) I thought the cd's were an odd choice. Not necessarily a stupid choice, but an atypical one, nonetheless.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Nah, I think I'd still question it. Actually taking the CDs as opposed to copying the lyrics or something.
    Osten's in a tough spot because of all of this, if we remember only one thing about him it will be his walking out at the TC. But how many other Survivor's were asking to be voted out way back at the second TC? I don't think that casting him was a mistake, in different circumstances he'd have done well. MB needs to select a variety of characters, and I'd rather have someone memorable than a bunch of zero personalities.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Great Questions John... and i'll agree with previous posters who commented on Osten's answers! lame-o
    Osten's tone sounds like a little kid who just got punished- sort of like he was obligated to give the interivew? Yes!, NO!, I Have No Regrets!...
    Give us something new and insightful you big waste of space!

btw- why was Osten lounging around conserving energy for the challenges when he tanked them anyway- imagine how poorly he would have performed had he not been mentally and physically ready for them?

FORT Regular
    With regard to him wanting to read the lyrics of his favourite c.d.'s, I don't know why people are criticising him for this.
    Some song lyrics can be very inspirational, particularly if they remind you of a certain incident in your life.
    Fair enough...but you dont need the actual CD to read the lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLookAway
    Fair enough...but you dont need the actual CD to read the lyrics.

Of course you don't, I don't recall saying you did.

He didn't take them into the game, he took them onto the boat and by Jiff's own admission they didn't know the game was going to start on that day.
    As far as they were concerned they were going on a boat trip to take more publicity shots.

They are usually banned from talking to one another before the game starts, so perhaps he thought rather than just sit there he'd read his cd lyrics.
    Once the photo op was over he'd take them back to his room.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Now I'm all curious about the CDs --- what music group inspires Osten so much? Apparently it didn't do the job.
    The CDs reminded me of the guy on an earlier Survivor who brought a skateboard -- to a beach!?!!
    Ugh!

Edited to add speculation about the music:
    Richard Harris singing "Someone left the cake out in the rain ...
    I don't think that I can take it ...
    'Cause it took so long to bake it ...
    And I'll never have that recipe agaaaaaaaainnnnn ..."

it's an actual song, folks!

A skateboard has multiple uses.
    Cutting board, mini table, not everywhere was beach, the land was firm in the forest area so if they'd had to transport water far (which they didn't, but they weren't to know that) they could have used it to drag the water container along on.

Of course the guy who bought it probably just wanted to skateboard.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    A skateboard has multiple uses.
    Cutting board, mini table, not everywhere was beach, the land was firm in the forest area so if they'd had to transport water far (which they didn't, but they weren't to know that) they could have used it to drag the water container along on.

Of course the guy who bought it probably just wanted to skateboard.
    Fluff, I agree with your suggestions, but the guy that brought the skateboard was Robb, so we know he didn't think of the other uses.

Sadly, I still miss Robb sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast