+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Our Interview with Osten Taylor

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I completely agree with him here.

His decision to leave the game was huge imo, and as I have said before I don't agree with the way Jif handled it.
    I think Jif handled it well, he had a quiter on the crew and wanted him off, if he wanted out, then get out!!!! To have him there when 1000s of people tried to get on the show and he gets on and quits. Push off you little bugger!!!!

Thanks John and Osten!
    I brought the CD's to read the lyrics of my favorite songs!
    Good Lord!
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Taking a mub bath CluelessPenguin's Avatar
    Here's the BIG LIE.

Osten didn't bring the cds to read the lyrics...he honestly thought he could listen to it on the island without a cd player.

Thanks for the interview, John! It was nice hearing from Osten, but too bad he didn't elaborate much on his answers.

I'm sure after answering all those questions he just had enough energy to go lay down for awhile.

Great interview questions John! To bad the answers left a little to be desired.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Leo
    Premium Member
    Well, at least Osten answered some questions...

Great interview - Osten is still the biggest waste of a Survivor slot in history, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by CluelessPenguin
    Here's the BIG LIE.

Osten didn't bring the cds to read the lyrics...he honestly thought he could listen to it on the island without a cd player.
    Another thought (although I'm sure you're right that he thought there would be a cd player on the island -- right by the leather recliner and the 65" big-screen t.v.):
    Osten could use the reflective surface of the CDs in order to study his physique from various angles. After all, why should everybody ELSE get the pleasure of looking at him from angles he himself couldn't enjoy as well?
    Have you ever seen these goons in the gym? They are fascinated with their reflections.

Edited to add:
    I've also wondered how he knew that he had lost 40 lbs. in 18 days? He was saying that BEFORE he actually got to tribal council. Are they being weighed by MB's medical staff every day?
    Last edited by getreal; 11-11-2003 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CluelessPenguin
    Here's the BIG LIE.

You know, in all seriousness, I think Osten thought the whole thing was staged. I think that he thought they just made it look like the Survivors were starving on tv. He thought that they really got to retire to their bungalows at night and eat pancakes for breakfast every morning. At least that's the only explaination I can think of for someone to try out for a show that they are not at all suited for.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    What I find curious is that he ended all his answers with an !
    Since everybody else has had fun with this, I couldn't resist:
    *in Ricky Ricardo's voice talking to Lucy: "You got some sclaimin' to do!"

Well, if there was any doubt, I think we all figured out from this interview that Osten isn't exactly a Rhodes scholar.

He sounds like every 'roided-up, self-obsessed pansy jock that I've ever known. The kind that benches 400 but has to be taken to the ER for a skinned knee.

Bleh. I didn't like him before and I definitely don't like him now. He could probably have turned around some of the negative reviews of himself if he'd just shown a little self-effacing humor about what a girly girl he was. I wish he'd have been able to make fun of himself, but it sounds like he still doesn't see what he really looks like.

Nice interview! Pow! Kabam! (the first thing I noticed was the excessive use of exclamation points, lol)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast