+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lillís Big Lie

searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Is that you, Andrew?

NO! But thank you for asking!

Andrew has received unkind words in this forum for being a lawyer. Please... if we must criticize, let's leave people's professions out of it.
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

FORT Newbie
    Well my 2 cents is Andrew lied...he said in his one of his interveiws that he did tell Lil she was going. Andrew also stated he had nothing against Ryan S. and he said he did not curse him out on the ship when Ryan said he didn't want to hold on to the money. I think it is really peculiar that everyone else is lieing and Andrew isn't. It is pretty plain in those first two eps that Andrew absolutely couldn't stand Ryan S. He shot him down in the first tribal council by saying he didn't give 100 %. I never saw Ryan S. standing around in the reward challenge like Andrew said he was.
    I am really glad Lill voted with the Drakes and Andrew is history. To me that was the best tribal council I have seen in a while.

Andrew got just what he deserved.

SilverWolfe

Taking a mub bath CluelessPenguin's Avatar
    I'm not rooting for Lil, I'm happy to see her again but I don't want an outcast to win.

Here's my further two cents

I think Andrew didn't lie, what he said prolly is true but he didn't explicitly tell Lil it was *her* and not Darrah.

Lil was expecting Andrew to tell her "it's you Lil" cos she already knew it was either her or Darrah and when Andrew apologized and gave her a kiss and hug she prolly thought it was for that reason...that they had decided to vote for Lil or Darrah. So Lil expected Andrew to tell her if they came to a decision that it would be her.

Anyways, I just don't think both would lie...seeing as cameras followed them 24/7 and they had no idea what footage would be shown. If Lil did lie, why didn't Andrew say anything when she answered him "remember when you said..." why didn't Andrew say."but I did...blah blah blah" instead he just looked away frustrated and Lil walked away and all the while Rupert was at the back warning her to watch what she said....which could have been a factor in her saying the stuff she said too.

Now, having read the Yahoo Insider transcripts, I was ready to believe Andrew but that's how I see it... nobody lied.

Andrew who said "it's a sad day when an attorney is telling the truth and a scout master is lying" is just plain smug. Whether he cussed at Ryan S or not, who cares, fact is he never was given a chance. Why not target T or D? What did *they* do during that first challenge that was so different and outstanding than Ryan?

I'm glad Andrew is gone. He admitted it himself...he's a partner in a big firm, he doesn't need the money hello.

As for Lil...I was shocked she cussed at the TC! Tsk tsk tsk. Watching the tape again, she just seems really freaky, bitter and insecure. But partly cos she prolly feels she'll be out of the game by the next TC anyway. *shrug*

I am looking forward to watching this week's if only to see Jon pain-in-the-S get kicked off.

As for the electric stingray thing...I am surprised Rupert didn't say "I didn't even know they made such things?"

I would still be unhappy if an outcast whether Lill or Burton wins but I definetely like her and want her to get to final 4

In Lil's CBS Chat she made almost the same statement Andrew did...she said that she showed him where the dry wood was etc...do I think she knew before she left she was going yes...did Andrew actually say the words "Lil you are going"? probably not who really wants to say that to someone. Andrew and Lil are both telling shades of the truth as they see it and remember it... Personally, I haven't been rooting for either of them to win but they have both been very entertaining to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    As like I heard many people say before she leads a group of children how can she be evil?
    I hope that was delivered tongue firmly in cheek. I can tell you stories of Boy Scouts, Scoutmasters and Den Moms that would curl your hair. We won't even go into teachers, priests, therapists and other generally fine upstanding citizens that have some devils in their midsts.

I'm sure Lill had an idea she was going. Whether she knew or not...I guess I don't care all that much. She's using her pissy attitude to take her "revenge," which is probably just MB and his creative editing.

I loved her relationship with RyanS (he's a cutie) and how she really appeared to want to do well in the game. I just don't see a middle-aged woman competing at the same level as these Buff Hardbodies, as much as I would love someone closer to my demographic to win, lol.

I wonder why Andrew continues to whine about all of this - I don't really remember previous players being so self-pitying as this lot has been so far.

Quote Originally Posted by pink_princess
    I wonder why Andrew continues to whine about all of this - I don't really remember previous players being so self-pitying as this lot has been so far.
    Andrew certainly felt cheated with the return of the booted members. He worked hard to stay in the game, starved in the process and yet carried 160 lbs. risking bodily damage, only to leave without even making it to the jury. Anyone who felt passion for something and lost their vision/mission due to reasons beyond their control, can certainly feel Andrew's pain. The public whining, I think, has nothing to do with losing his airtime... it's about being unjustly dismissed when the dynamics of the game shifted to benefit the ousted members.

I would rather see Savage last longer than Sandra, Lill or Jon because he competed better in the challenges. OK, Jon did better in the last IC, but that's only because, thanks to Rupert, he wasn't as malnourished! And, if you ask me, Andrew looks better than all three combined!
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    Oprah Winfrey

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessRight
    The public whining, I think, has nothing to do with losing his airtime... it's about being unjustly dismissed when the dynamics of the game shifted to benefit the ousted members.
    OK, I may regret asking this, but how did the "dynamics of the game" shift and "benefit the ousted members"?

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    OK, I may regret asking this, but how did the "dynamics of the game" shift and "benefit the ousted members"?
    The return of the booted members gave them a second chance at winning the million dollars. Two players who were technically "dead" and had no right to compete anymore were thrusted back in the game to mess it up for the original tribes. And because Burton and Lill were given immunity at TC, Andrew's chances at longevity ended sooner than expected. Because he didn't make it to the jury, he missed his shot at having a say in who the winner should be.
    Meister Eckhart
    Oprah Winfrey

If Morgan and Drake had competed in the cage challenge without the outcasts, Drake probably would have won. Osten would be gone. Then at the merge Drake would have had the advantage, 5 to Morgan's 4. Rupert would have won the keelhaul challenge and Andrew would still be gone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast