+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 8 (All-Stars) Cast - Speculation & Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Modesty
    I'f I were in this game I'd love to have Jenna with me in final 2 .

I bet Matt thought the same thing Although I would have done it that way too
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Sorry, but they can't boot Jenna until after she gets nekkid for peanut butter and chocolate.

-Randy ( )

I think the most interesting aspect about an All-Stars Survivor is the fact that all the Survivors (or at least a very large majority of them) know that priority #1 is to get into the safer, larger voting block. In previous Survivors the really bad players would stand out in the first episodes and would basically put a sign on their own backs saying "KICK ME", regardless of what they did. As long as they did anything that could be associated with being negative such as being obnoxious, scheming and backstabbing too early, or even being incredibly lazy, it stood out from the crowd negatively and that is a deathwish early in Survivor.

But back to my point, these smarter Survivors will know not to do that, and the reasons for voting people out will become a lot more arbitrary (picking someone for the sake of picking someone, as long as it's not you, and your alliance is focused on that one person.) It will be much more of a mind game and less reliant on physical accomplishments (I'm talking about daily tribe routine as opposed to challenges) because they know how meaningless it really is to have a properly functioning tribe, when you're guaranteed not to be voted against in the next TC.

I'm very excited about this upcoming season, there should be a lot of scheming and there should be a lot of scheming and alliance make-up shifts (Rob C was the best at changing the alliance's structure to his own benefit, and most All Stars should have picked up on that). Also, I think statements such as "You backstabbed me, I can't believe that!" will be met with laughs from the rest of the Survivors who know very well that that's the name of the game. At least I hope so.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

I think that you are right for the most part Zaius but you know that a couple of them won't be able to keep their mouths shut (i.e. Susan and Jeri).. There is always someone willing to make an a$$ out of theirselves, even *knowing* it could get them booted

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Princess
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I bet Matt thought the same thing Although I would have done it that way too
    Yes, but that jury hadn't seen what this one has .

Rob C was the best at changing the alliance's structure to his own benefit, and most All Stars should have picked up on that
    Indeed, Zaius, so no-one will trust him...

Yes, but that jury hadn't seen what this one has .
    Very good point. They've seen the schemer behing her useless facade.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Gee for a guy who claimed to be a survivor first timer at the beginning of this round Flying - you sure have taken to the game .....

SNN and snewser have always had some of the best dirt.Except for the time when the elipsiiis guys had some Dark stranger feeding them.

I'm just watching this for some serious Colby and Ethan time ....
    Last edited by eny; 11-05-2003 at 11:03 PM.

I'f I were in this game I'd love to have Jenna with me in final 2 .

She would almost be a better bet than Jon.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood

She would almost be a better bet than Jon.
    Almost, not quite. Would be a tough choice as either one would be a gift.

FORT Fogey
    I am hoping Colby gets serious this round and not soo nice! I wonder if the winners from the first rounds are in danger early to be voted out?? Or would it be wise to take them to the finals since maybe the jury wouldn't like seeing them win again.

I would have like to possibly see Elisabeth and Roger back or the judge from the I think it was the Thailand group..

+ Reply to Thread