+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Losers on Letterman

Survivor Losers on Letterman

Did you catch the Survivor Losers on Letterman last night?

Paul Schaffer was sitting in for Dave, who is awaiting the birth of his first child, and he spoke briefly with Osten and Shawn.

Shawn said that he had been robbed, as when he was voted out, he was voted OUT -- but others had a chance to return. Paul didn't like this twist.

After confusing Jeff Probst with Ryan Seacrest (quite funny) Paul felt that JP was too harsh and rude with Osten. Osten said that he had a few more words with JP, but that was edited out. He also added that he had not only lost 40 lbs. in 18 days, but that he also had 5 staph infections that wasn't mentioned on the final edit of the show, so he had to quit.

I'm really siding more and more with the suggestions that Osten is not only a hypochondriac, but also suffering from steroid/supplement withdrawal.

Oh well, it inspired me to doodle up my new avatar.

getreal, i *love* your av!

That avatar is classic

I did see them on Letterman and agree with Shawn.
    As Bil said in his Pirate Report this week, the opportunity to re-enter the game should have been extended to all voted out contestants, not just the first 6.

Those little Letterman pieces are usually just an excuse for Dave to make fun of the Survivor's.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    As Bil said in his Pirate Report this week, the opportunity to re-enter the game should have been extended to all voted out contestants, not just the first 6.
    Thats a silly thing to say. At what point do you make the cut-off, or do you wait until the final 2 and then give the bootees a chance to rejoin the game?

Excellent av!

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLookAway
    Thats a silly thing to say. At what point do you make the cut-off, or do you wait until the final 2 and then give the bootees a chance to rejoin the game?

The cut-off should be whoever is out of the game at the time the vote is made to rejoin. Therefore there should be eight castaways eligible to come back which includes Shawn and Osten. However, to be fair and play both sides of the fence, I would also have to add Shawn and Osten did not contribute to the Outcasts victory. At least not directly. Indirectly they did contribute by not being strong players for their tribe in the challenge. Bottom line is that I don't think there is a fair way to implement it, so they should not have done it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLookAway
    Uh no.
    You don't do the stupid twist in the first place.
    Why should Nicole get a second chance in the game and not Shawn?
    That's ridiculous.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Those little Letterman pieces are usually just an excuse for Dave to make fun of the Survivor's.
    Do you think Letterman would have been as supportive as Paul was?
    Personally, I think Letterman would have had a ball with Osten's quitting by pointing out his muscles.

BTW, thanx for the great comments about my av.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Fantastic avatar!!!

Do I understand you correctly, getreal? Did you draw that yourself? It's outstanding. Very funny!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast