+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Losers on Letterman

Oh yeah, I love the avatar, getreal . Looking forward to any other Survivor drawings you do!
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Shawn has an armani for sure... but Andrew is in an 'expensive' suit wonder if it's another armani

i hate the fact that any reality show allows people that were outed fair and square to return

but you know how it works, once one show does it...every other show copies

it's purpose was to cause conflict amongsts show contestants supposedly this increases ratings

i think it sucks though... and on a show like survivor it's really not fair because the people that were voted out were probably for a while sitting in a hotel room watching cable and eating shrimps and they get to take a hot shower

But we don't know these things for a fact. They may have been off somewhere else on the island surviving on meager rations right up until they came back!!! We wont know until after the game is over, when everyone will ask the questions that need answering.
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Uh no.
    You don't do the stupid twist in the first place.
    Why should Nicole get a second chance in the game and not Shawn?
    That's ridiculous.

Hmm...so you think the twist is stupid and so you want to make it even more stupid?

Fluff didn't say that. All she said was that she didn't want to see the twist in the first place. The "make it even more stupid" part is an argument against having done it to begin with. It's called reductio ad absurdum.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLookAway
    Hmm...so you think the twist is stupid and so you want to make it even more stupid?

No.
    That's clearly not what I said.
    Allowing the people voted out early the option to return is ridiculous to me.
    I think Shawn has a right to feel put out.
    Why should Skinny Ryan have a second chance but Shawn not?

If you're going to employ a stupid twist like this then clearly you need a cut off point for allowing players to rejoin, which is why I say scrap the whole idea.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Suxie
    I agree with Fluff. The twist is already grossly unfair. Why shoud Shawn and Osten be denied a chance to get back in the game, when they were the last ones out? As opposed to Nicole, Sk. Ryan, etc. the first ones out? I really think there is going to be a fan backlash over this.
    Depends on what you call backlash. True, many of us do not like the twist and find it very unfair, however it does get people talking. Survivor was the number two show last week. That is an incredible feat for a reality show in it's fourth year. Is anyone on here no longer going to watch because of this? I would say that they will lose very few viewers over this and will likely gain more than they lost due to the controversy. It sucks, but that's the way it works. However, I also feel that MB should take heed of the fact that the majority of the regular fans of the show are not too happy with this twist and he should not try something this unfair again. I think if he does then that is when he will start to lose viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by calkreks
    Depends on what you call backlash. True, many of us do not like the twist and find it very unfair, however it does get people talking. Survivor was the number two show last week. That is an incredible feat for a reality show in it's fourth year. Is anyone on here no longer going to watch because of this? I would say that they will lose very few viewers over this and will likely gain more than they lost due to the controversy. It sucks, but that's the way it works. However, I also feel that MB should take heed of the fact that the majority of the regular fans of the show are not too happy with this twist and he should not try something this unfair again. I think if he does then that is when he will start to lose viewers.

Very well put. It expresses my views exactly. No, I will not stop watching either, but I'm all for fairness.

Namaste.

I just have issues with people quitting. Osten quitting was more aggravating to me than the twist. Back to the thread... The Ostoon av is OUTSTANDING!!!
    Last edited by cajro62; 11-05-2003 at 06:58 PM.
    Carey

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast