+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: First contestant on All-Star confirmed. It's...(surprise!) *possible spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlying
    True, but three tribes is a ton to keep track of to the casual viewer. People already confused Drake and Morgan.
    Which makes it a perfect fit for All-Star Survivor since most "casual viewers" will already be familiar with many of the personalities.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I read somewhere (fan site like sucks or such) that they were actually polling people about whom the viewing audience would like to see in all star survivor. So I do expect the whole cast to be pretty much people who are liked or considered entertaining by general audience. Great news that Rupert will likely be there, it will hurt less when his Pearl Islands run comes to an end

Additional thought on 3 tribes or a new twist (that will never happen, but here goes): would be interesting if the challenge winning tribe from each episode would get to vote someone to the "merged tribe" (instead of loosers voting someone out of the tribe). Similar to how outcasts are voting now. This would add new interest to game play. Would it go to "deserving" or "least deserving"...
    Last edited by Tirlittan; 11-03-2003 at 06:06 PM.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Agreed. I like Rupert, but he has become overhyped and overated for me. I'd rather not see anyone from S7. I don't know if he could take it if other people were hogging the spotlight, had control of the tribe, were able provide food, and basically take all of that glory away from him. It might REALLY turn into Survivor then. The more I hear about this all star, the less I'm looking forward to it. I'm already guessing other people MB has picked- they may not be fan faves, but people either he and Jeff are friends with now or caused a buzz before that he brings them back for that. I had heard he was bringing back 5 of the 6 winners- if that's true, I guess we know who the first 5 bootees are. Sorry, but I can do without seeing Rich, Tina, Ethan, Vee and Brian again. Just because they won the first time doesn't mean their strategy will work a second time.
    I never really want to see Brian again. I hope he's the winner who's left out.

I think the prevailing rumor is that Vee will be left out, which suits me fine.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarSpur
    It's interesting that at the bottom of the above article it says, "All Star Countdown: 1 down.... 17 to go...".

Three tribes to start?

-Randy
    I can tell you who it's not. Clay Jordan is not one of the All Stars. I had lunch at his restaurant yesterday. I saw and spoke to both him and his wife. I doubt he would have left yesterday afternoon or last night. He was too calm.

toothdoc

OMG! I hope this story is accurate. I would love to see Rupert in S8. The only thing that worries me is that if they use 7's castaways, what's to stop them from bringing back Jenna or Heidi?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Which makes it a perfect fit for All-Star Survivor since most "casual viewers" will already be familiar with many of the personalities.
    Er I didn't mean personality wise, which was why I mentioned Drake and Morgan. People switch them up a lot, even internet posters...3 tribes is a lot to keep track of. I'm personally thinking two tribes of 9 IF there is really 18 people.

And yes, Vee is the winner MB seemed to want to keep out. Apparently finger-wavin' Alicia from Season 2 took her place.

Rumour is Jenna has a spot reserved for her if she just wants to go...
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc
    I can tell you who it's not. Clay Jordan is not one of the All Stars. I had lunch at his restaurant yesterday. I saw and spoke to both him and his wife. I doubt he would have left yesterday afternoon or last night. He was too calm.

toothdoc
    Actually, someone had posted either here or somewhere else that Jeff was leaving to film the all star, and this post was about a week ago. Unless it meant that he was going to get ready and that the contestants weren't coming for awhile.
    Of the winners rumored to be coming back, the first 5 winners were mentioned, and Jenna left out (of course I read this right after the S6 finale, so that might change.) I'd rather not see the winners again, except Jenna and Vee. The rest were no big deal to me.
    MB will probably think of something to prevent the winners from being the first ones kicked off, because they seem like pretty obvious early bootees to me. And he'll probably do something to stop any post show alliances (Tina commented that Rich already had an alliance with her and Ethan), or a season that's in the minority out there (probably any season after Australia) from being picked off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlying
    Er I didn't mean personality wise, which was why I mentioned Drake and Morgan. People switch them up a lot, even internet posters...3 tribes is a lot to keep track of.
    Oh, come on! Your average Survivor viewer is not some banjo-plucking hayseed, and we're not talking about hundreds of tribes. I think it would be rather easy to keep up with three separate tribes, especially if the viewers were already familiar with the players.

There are other hurdles surrounding a three-tribe game (dividing time equitably among all three tribes in a one-hour show is the most cumbersome example I can envision), but none are insurmountable. And we would be assured that the three-tribe solution is something none of the All-Stars would be familiar with, which makes it an intriguing possibility for them.

Obviously, I don't know that it's true, but I could see it happening. I'm not prepared to discard the notion out of hand.

+ Reply to Thread