+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Burnett

Premium Member
    the more I read Mark Burnett's interviews, the more I think he is a jerk. Why make a show, if you are going to slam the people who are dedicated fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakenbake
    the more I read Mark Burnett's interviews, the more I think he is a jerk. Why make a show, if you are going to slam the people who are dedicated fans?

Oh, but I love it. It's just so condescendingly British. Very amusing, imo. Anyway, I found some interesting tidbits about Mark Burnett on this site

http://ca.geocities.com/survivorshow2002/mark.html

including the following:
    "A former member of the famed British Army Parachute Regiment with active service medals in both the North Ireland and Argentina conflicts, Burnett is an open water certified SCUBA diver, Level A certified skydiver, has completed a white water guide course, and is Advanced Wilderness First Aid certified."

It makes me respect his decision to play up Osten's worthlessness even more. He has every right to be critical of Osten because he walks the walk.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Regular
    Personally, I have a lot of respect for Burnett. He's the father of Reality TV, his show is without a doubt the best one around and he always finds ways to keep the Survivors and the fans at home on their toes.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyRose
    It would be disrespectful for Rupert, Jon and Christa to be overshadowed in the news because of the old Survivors. It was really a respect thing more than anything else."
    Ah, so now I have my hopes up Maybe Rupert and Christa will survive to the end. If not, then we are at least to expect Christa to get some more screentime in the future, why else would he talk about her specifically? Except maybe these are the persons he became buddies with during the taping.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Leo
    Premium Member
    BTW, I don't think he was dissing the fans at all. I thought he was taking aim more at the actual Survivors.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    BTW, I don't think he was dissing the fans at all. I thought he was taking aim more at the actual Survivors.
    MB's response was directed towards the players, but with the condescending attitude it seemed like it was also directed at the fans- the fact that he even needs to justify that question with an answer- in which his answer includes a "STFU and just play". "Dont assume anything" ie. it's my game and i make the rules... he may have directed the answer towards the players- but it also seems like it was a general answer to everyone (fans) who questions his motives.

Oh, I don't know if he directed it toward the fans. I think the fans are tired of the players trying to second-guess the game as well. Was I the only one rolling their eyes when everyone expected a merge? I don't like this particular twist but I do agree that he needs to keep the players guessing.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by MollyRose
    "I've got people coming in now during the seventh season who have watched six seasons, they have bought the DVDs and they think it is THEIR game."
    They have DVDs? Does anyone know about this and where you can get them? This is the first I have heard of it...

Very interesting article MollyRose, thanks for posting.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Season 1 and 2 are available on DVD. Unfortunately, it's not a full library of each episode. It's more of an extended recap with a few bonus materials. THe full-season DVDs would be an excellent idea.

I think Burnett was more cranky with the players, too, not the fans.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Season 1 and 2 are available on DVD. Unfortunately, it's not a full library of each episode. It's more of an extended recap with a few bonus materials. THe full-season DVDs would be an excellent idea.

I think Burnett was more cranky with the players, too, not the fans.
    Eh, recap shmecap. I would love to see the full episodes since I missed those seasons. But thanks for the info, Paulie.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast