+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did the Outcast Tribe have an unfair advantage?

Did the Outcast Tribe have an unfair advantage?

I saw this on another site. I know alot of people on this board tape the episodes. Could someone go back to the challenge and see what the Outcast tribe used to tie their pole together with? Someone on another board said it looked as if they used something other than the string provided to tie their poles together. Thought someone here could look into it.

FORT Fogey
    Yes, they did most definitely have an unfair advantage. They used some cloth that they tied to their arms and around their waists to tie the boards together. Everyone's been talking about that, and in Osten's chat, he also commented on it as well. It's so unfair!

I noted that on the spoilers thread last night...they were definitely told to use sticks and strings to make their pole...nothing about armbands or anything like that.

Maybe I missed it in the show last night...did Jeff say the tribes couldn't use their buffs and had to use only the twine?

Thanks for the info. Didn't realize it had already been discussed in another thread.

In the directions he didn't spefically say they couldn't but did say there were sticks and twine to use to get the keys. so if you were already an outcast and had nothing to lose by cheating, I guess I would go ahead and cheat and see if you got called on it. Since there was nothing saying they couldn't, they did and won. The others, because there was nothing saying they could, didn't and lost. Frankly I think it sucks.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I also wondered - it looked like Lil was reaching out of the cage to get the keys, and Michelle was next to her saying something like no, they have to get it in with the pole. But eventually the outcasts got it in with their hands through the bars.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Direct quote from last night's show: "On the ground you will find scattered sticks and strings. Use those to build a pole." He didn't say "use whatever you have available." Just think what those possibilities might have entailed!

Also of note, Jeff stated that the Outcasts had been living on limited rations of rice, fruit, and protein. That sounds like more than the regular tribes have been getting...especially the fruit (excluding coconuts, if you want to call those fruit).

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Heck yes they had an unfair advantage.

MB...I'm rethinking my prior worship of you (even if you DID create Combat Missions).
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Direct quote from last night's show: "On the ground you will find scattered sticks and strings. Use those to build a pole." He didn't say "use whatever you have available." Just think what those possibilities might have entailed!

Also of note, Jeff stated that the Outcasts had been living on limited rations of rice, fruit, and protein. That sounds like more than the regular tribes have been getting...especially the fruit (excluding coconuts, if you want to call those fruit).

Mantenna, I totally agree!!! That's what I was bothered about too. They had "shabby huts" and "limited rations"..... VERY unfair imo. They should have had to sleep on sand, eat bird poop and fight with each other about not being able to sleep..etc..etc..

I don't agree with MB on bringing them back... fed, well rested and sheltered by the weather. grrrr....

EDIT: Forgot to mention....did anyone else see the tattoo on Michelle's arm? The skull and crossbones? Also the doo-rags on thier heads? (Die, Jerks!) They apparently were given paint and crap to "decorate" themselves.... Gee, lets give them paint (and time) to give them MORE of an edge on the Morgan/Drake tribes...lets give them time to RALLY and be prepared for this!! They totally had time to rile each other up and dig deep down inside for all the strength they can muster for the challenge. Poor Drakes and Morgans didn't even SEE it coming and got blind-sided.

The more I think about it, the more I get bothered. :mad:
    Last edited by Maveno; 10-31-2003 at 04:59 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast