+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did the Outcast Tribe have an unfair advantage?

FORT Newbie
    plus they had 6 people thus more hands to tie and untie things!!

I was just reading Michelle's chat transcript and she said that the first thing she ate when she was at loser's lodge is a lot of candy bars and beer!

I know that that may have been a one-time thing but what's this for limited portions?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    That's right Silverstar! I forgot about that! She said something to the extent of..."over 25 mini candy bars and beer".. hmmmm...

On a side note to you Silverstar.. I've had a huge, long-term love for Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and I just adore that I see her everytime I read your posts!

So, needless to say....I seeing your posts.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I agree with everyone as well! The minute I heard what their "limited rations" were I was very disappointed. That and using other means of tying the stick together, having six people and who knows what their living conditions were. I'm thinkin they were probably not given poor living conditions because the producers wanted the ghost tribe to win! What would be the point of bringing them back if they didnt win ya know!? That would not make for "good tv" :nono but this is how it makes the viewers feel Oh well... that being said, I am not gonna miss Shawn and Osten (specially Osten). I just hope any future twists aren't as bad as this was....

Survivor All Stars!!!
    Survivor Rocks! #1 Ken Fan! (Survivor Thailand)

Monster House and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition = BEST SHOWS ON TV!!!

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this!"

I don't think they had an unfair advantage. Sure it said to use the twine and sticks, but it didn't say use only sticks and twine, they were told what the sticks and twine were for, not that they were limited to that. The 6 members wasn't an advantage, because by the time they got the last group out (which is where the Outcasts' extra member was), they already had the pole made and all they had to do was get the last key. They just had one extra member to watch the keys being gotten. Personally, I loved the twist. I wish Jon had left, but other than that, it was a great episode and I can't wait to see who gets voted back in.

eh...I think it was unfair because the other tribes didnt have armbands they could use....just my thoughts
    Survivor All Stars!!!
    Survivor Rocks! #1 Ken Fan! (Survivor Thailand)

Monster House and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition = BEST SHOWS ON TV!!!

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this!"

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    its not just that they were better rested....I suspect they were on slightly better rations too....but a challange which required knots and a career scout master.....need I say more......

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Simply put...I say it's unfair that the Outcast tribe had time to mentally prepare for the challenge.

That alone gives them an unfair advantage over the Drake's and Morgan's...cause they DIDN'T have time to mentally prepare and rally.

*Not to mention all the other things..cause I think this is enough.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

These Outcasts had tremendous amount of advantages both mentally by psyching themselves out to take on the the two remaining tribes and physically by eating protein but what protein? Meat or fish?? I did not see the mighty Burton ever go out to fish. The RUPERT did it. The other thrown off Drake members never fished. Morgan was a complete failure at everything that they did, so I don't think that any of them got any food. So I'm wondering what was this limited protein all about???

Quote Originally Posted by nikkles
    plus they had 6 people thus more hands to tie and untie things!!
    I don't see how having an extra person is an advantage in a challenge like this. After all, it means that they had one more person to UNtie in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Simply put...I say it's unfair that the Outcast tribe had time to mentally prepare for the challenge.

That alone gives them an unfair advantage over the Drake's and Morgan's...cause they DIDN'T have time to mentally prepare and rally.
    According to MB, the Outcasts didn't know that they were going to be given the opportunity to return to the game until Jeff announced it to all the tribes. They had simply been told that they were going to compete in a reward challenge.

He also said that he made sure it wasn't a very physical challenge (to offset any physical advantage the Outcasts might have had) and that the Outcasts won "on pure adrenalin".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast