+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 10/30 Show Discussion

I still dont get why Osten quit. 4 other people were living the same way he was and never any of them said i quite.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starry night
    I still dont get why Osten quit. 4 other people were living the same way he was and never any of them said i quite.

The reason why nobody else is quitting is because they knew that having a muscular physique wouldn't automatically make them win, they are choosing to SURVIVE AND COMPETE for the win.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

If Burton comes back, he should be voted out first regardless since he will be the biggest threat to anyone by being strong and getting a 2nd chance or having second wind. But then again if he sides with Morgan then they can start Pagonging the Drake members. This will really suck, since he really does not deserve to be back or any other outcast for that matter.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    some folks have made a lot of hoopla about the game losing its credibility. I say that's nonsense.

In that challenge, there was nothing that the supposedly more worthy survivors needed other than teamwork, speed, and patience. And what did we see?

Morgan was pathetic as ever. Drake was strong and could have won it all if they were a little smarter about it.

The Outcasts outwitted, outplayed, and outlasted the others in the challenge - and for me, that's more than enough. It shows that the tribes possibly outwitted themselves by voting off these people.

And, to boot, the Outcasts had an extra member to untie in the cage. There was no real advantage. The tribes and some of us in the audience need to stop whining.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    some folks have made a lot of hoopla about the game losing its credibility. I say that's nonsense.

In that challenge, there was nothing that the supposedly more worthy survivors needed other than teamwork, speed, and patience. And what did we see?

Morgan was pathetic as ever. Drake was strong and could have won it all if they were a little smarter about it.

The Outcasts outwitted, outplayed, and outlasted the others in the challenge - and for me, that's more than enough. It shows that the tribes possibly outwitted themselves by voting off these people.

And, to boot, the Outcasts had an extra member to untie in the cage. There was no real advantage. The tribes and some of us in the audience need to stop whining.
    I hardly think they outwit, outplayed, outlasted the other 2 tribes. First of all, the Outcasts knew about this twist, thus getting themselves time to prepare. The other tribes were still in shock. Also, they aren't as drained both physically and mentally as the 2 other tribes are. And having an extra person just means that they had someone else to help untie another person OR to help build the poll, which they cheated on. They didn't use the twine, they used material tied around their arms to tie the wood together.

So I have to disagree. There was no way either of those 2 tribes was going to win. Sad thought.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    If one of the well-rested physically and emotionally, well-fed (cite Michelle's comment about candy bars and beer after her ousting), wins this edition of Survivor, MB will be losing one of his biggest fans....me.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    If one of the well-rested physically and emotionally, well-fed (cite Michelle's comment about candy bars and beer after her ousting), wins this edition of Survivor, MB will be losing one of his biggest fans....me.
    How do you know Which ousting it was, what if it was only AFTER she left the game (aka after the twist if she didnt make it in or got it and got out somewhere else) also she wasn't allowed to reveal the twist so she'd HAVE to say that anyway other wise it would be like Yah there is DEF a bootee coming coming back.

We know in the past we've known twists and the survivors couldnt say anything about it until it was done with.

Quote Originally Posted by halifax84
    How do you know Which ousting it was, what if it was only AFTER she left the game (aka after the twist if she didnt make it in or got it and got out somewhere else) also she wasn't allowed to reveal the twist so she'd HAVE to say that anyway other wise it would be like Yah there is DEF a bootee coming coming back.

We know in the past we've known twists and the survivors couldnt say anything about it until it was done with.
    I agree, I don't think they had that much of an advantage. I read an article about a press conference with Mark B. He said that when Trish left she was given a half a cup of rice and some water, she had to sleep on bamboo. She was off less than 24 hours before they went to compete. Michelle had only been off 4 days. They were told they were coming back to compete in a reward challenge. They thought it might be a car or a family visit. They didn't know they had a chance to get back in the game until Jeff announced it in front of everyone. It doesn't sound like they had much contact with each other and after they won the clhallenge they weren't allowed to even speak with each other. I'm sure they didn't get pampered until after TC when 2 of them get back in the game.

searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishbarb
    I agree, I don't think they had that much of an advantage. I read an article about a press conference with Mark B. He said that when Trish left she was given a half a cup of rice and some water, she had to sleep on bamboo. She was off less than 24 hours before they went to compete. Michelle had only been off 4 days. They were told they were coming back to compete in a reward challenge. They thought it might be a car or a family visit. They didn't know they had a chance to get back in the game until Jeff announced it in front of everyone. It doesn't sound like they had much contact with each other and after they won the clhallenge they weren't allowed to even speak with each other. I'm sure they didn't get pampered until after TC when 2 of them get back in the game.
    After their TC exit from the game, did the Outcasts have to go fishing for their meals or engage in petty squabbles with their tribe members (e.g. Jon/Shawn) or ponder their strategy for the next challenge? One thing I'm certain of is that mentally, they were in a different plane. And they were most likely sleeping better even if they had to do it on bamboo slats because the pressure of the game for them was history. The Drakes/Morgans did not have the same advantage. That, to me, translates into an unfair playing field.
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessRight
    After their TC exit from the game, did the Outcasts have to go fishing for their meals or engage in petty squabbles with their tribe members (e.g. Jon/Shawn) or ponder their strategy for the next challenge? One thing I'm certain of is that mentally, they were in a different plane. And they were most likely sleeping better even if they had to do it on bamboo slats because the pressure of the game for them was history. The Drakes/Morgans did not have the same advantage. That, to me, translates into an unfair playing field.
    No they didn't do that, but we don't know exactly what they've been doing. I remember seeing a photo of some small huts spread out on an island. Speculating this is where they went. They may have gone to there own hut and told not to talk to anyone. Nicole would have been there the longest and spent the first three days alone. If they were isolated from each other sitting around waiting, living on small rations can be very bad for you mental state, especially the isolation part. Then the ones who spent some time playing and not having anything before getting kicked off. Expecting a big meal and some luxuries and then not getting it is a huge blow. Especially when you are so low from being kicked off. Remeber what Burton said. You can't imagine how bad it feels to get kicked off.

+ Reply to Thread