+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 10/30 Show Discussion

Exactly, stargazer. Any final words would have been redundant.

As for Rupert's outburst, it's possible that it was all a strategy to get Jon in line. I was amazed to see Jon apologizing to Rupert at the end of that clash.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by tmcrae

Question: If Osten would have quit the game at a point where he was positioned to be a member of the jury, would he be even allowed to sit on the jury? When you quit, do you quit all aspects of the game? And, if so, how would they handle an even-numbered jury casting a tie vote?

They probably don't even know the answer to that. Out of 100+ contestants, he was the first one to go through with quitting.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie

I was amazed to see Jon apologizing to Rupert at the end of that clash.
    Wouldn't you? :fight I would
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i'm not going on another i HATED the twist rant- IMO, it's not good for the game...

i haven't had a chance to see the replay of the tape- but it looked like Rupert wrapped his big ole paws around jon's neck? or did he get close and stop? later on Jon told Rupert to quit threatening him... IF Rup had pawed him, Jon probably could've made a big ole stink to get Rupert DQ'd from the game? I love Rup, but you gotta be able to roll with the punches and control your emotions better!

JP handled Osten perfectly! Loved the TC and extinguishing of the flame... biggest Wuss ever on Survivor... maybe in reality TV history! can someone come up with an appropriate verb, adverb, or adjective for Osten (similar to the Flo usage).

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarSpur
    Well, I hated the "twist" as much as I suspected I would.

We'll now have at the very minimun two two-time losers on the jury.

Not necessarily. Maybe one or both of them will make it to the Final 2.

Stargazer401...howdydoo..from another resident of the Bluegrass State!

Now then..as for Osten..it was my opinion that the guy has been eating food others could eat and should have left long before now. What a waste of a Survivor's spot. Jeff had every right to be put out with this guy. The whole scenario was pathetic.

Rupert although royally p'oed at Jon needs to keep his feelings to himself. Jon (as much as I dislike him) can vote any way he sees fit...and can deal with the repercussions accordingly. Rupert is NOT running the show.

Hey wouldn't it be neat to put LeeAnn from the Bachelor in Drake's tribe....ewwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeee eeee you could see the fireworks from here!

'Nuff said.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Fogey
    It may have allready been said here but I lost a little of my respect for Rupert last night. I personally can't stand Jon and I am sure that Rupert is playing the game. BUT, it also appeared that he was truly mad someone would have dare vote for him! Geeze I would get him out of there too! So what if he is busting his but getting food for everyone. Hey great go nuts big boy, but when it comes to winning the million I gotta go w/thanks for the grub this far but now your more of a threat than an asset so see ya!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Say what you will about Ryan S, but he always tried... unlike useless Osten.

I agree Miss F! I think Ryan tried the best he could....

But...could there be another twist that we don't know about? There's always that possibility!!

As for Osten, I think in the end he did the honorable thing for his tribe, by not forcing them to vote out someone more deserving than himself... And I have to say that Osten is the most musle bound survivor i've seen and you have to concider that while everyone else is burning excess fat he was burning off pure mucle.. (that is painful and debilitating). I think he ended up doing the best thing he could have.

As for the twist.. It is disappointing to see survivor loose credibility they way it did last night.
    There have been questionable challenges before but they could mostly be excused by figuring didfferent people set up each tribes challenges so knotes would be different etc. But last night it was so very blatant... the outcast were allowed to use the purple cloth that they came wearing (check the pictures of Lil and nicole wearing purple around their waists) They did have an extra person and my husband will swear to you he saw an over head shot that showed Drake a head with their last key almost to the cage when the pole broke and the key was replaced on the hook.. this was not the case with the outcasts.

Without an outcast win the twist would have been a bust.. so in all honesty didn't we all know the outcome before the challenge even began?

As has been brougt up already now the two returnees not only get a second chance they will end up being the cause for three peoples exist from the game...

sweetpea1994 said:
    I don't!!! He took a spot that someone who was not a quitter would have been glad to have. He signed up for the game. He's just a baby and now a quitter. Jeff treated him appropriately.
    I agree. What a waste of a Survivor space when tens of thousands would die to be on. And I'm glad they snubbed him by not airing his final words. Can't wait for the reunion show to see how they grill Osten. Also, I'm REALLY sick and tired of everyone on any reality show saying words to the effect of "I'll have no regrets about the way I played the game." It always sounds phony.

Mark
    Not laughing, just rolling on the floor!

+ Reply to Thread