+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/30 Show Discussion

FORT Regular

Interesting Twist That Makes Sense

Its funny how Andrew doesn't think any of the prevoius bootees don't deserve a chance yet Osten hasn't even had the will power of any of the booted contestants. They Wasted Osten's which could have been used by Lill, Ryan S. or Nicole...or the alt'n (unless Osten was it)...

The twist did make sense, when you think of the whole priate theme...I bet they merge after the ghosts come back from the dead...Since its 5-5, Savage and all the other bitter castaways will need them...bet they'll let them first insult them, then announce they have merged. Apparently Trish and Lill lost a lot of weight, so maybe it wasn't Burton...It would be a shocker if Nicole got in, and the spoilers didn't know that and had been mislead...lol

Looking forward to this.

Shawn, sweetie, I wish you would have voted for Rupert in the last TC. I can't stand Rupert now, backstabber. Shawn was the only person from Drake I liked. Until Burton (hopefully) returns! I don't care if Rupert was axing Shawn to protect himself. That guy thinks the game is only about him. Annoying. I can only hope that Burton returns, the tribes merge and he sides with the Morgans to pick off the Drakes. Revenge. Yay.

Go Morgan! RyanO keeps smiling. Andrew looked a little tired, but he's still the man. I'm glad Osten checked out for good, since he wasn't the strongest tribe member anyway. Jeffy rocked at the TC's, but did anyone notice that he mentioned Burton at both? Hmmmm. Do MB and JP have a thing for Burton or what? I would love to see Ryan S back in the game, but I doubt it will happen. It seemed that “The Outcasts” were rested and psyched up enough to win. More so, I’m sure that MB was betting on their win to make “the twist” scenario play out on TV.

One thing about Osten and the health vs. one million dollars...

Ask anyone who is seriously ill beyond recovery and I'm sure they would tell you they would gladly give all the money in the world to have their health back. So I believe there is some validity to that comment. However, was Osten seriously ill? I never saw any evidence of that. I would think that MB would have shown us Osten writhing on the ground in pain if he had been really sick. I think Osten was just very uncomfortable, as the rest of them are, I'm sure. He was probably worried that the muscles he has worked so hard to get would start withering away and all the years of working out and admiring himself in the mirror would be lost. :rolleyes The Survivor experience is not physically pleasant for anyone, that's what its all about - seeing how much you can endure. Osten just didn't have the mental strength and determination for this game. He will never ever live down being the first Survivor to flat out quit. What a waste. So many people would give anything to have had his spot. And it is one thing to give up after 20 days - but he gave up on day five! How bad off could he have been at that point? Oh well, thank God he's gone! Good riddance!

And that challenge with the three tribes was so exciting. The Outcasts were so determined! Their excitement at winning was just exhilarating to watch...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    Of course he was disgusted, someone did not respect their fancy game enough to stay in. Personally I would have never been able to quit, but it is not that easy decision to leave when you know every soul watching it will call you a looser thereafter. Sure, Osten is a whiner and a quitter, but at least he had finally the courage to say what he wanted.

Yes, Osten is a whiner & a quitter, but I totally disagree that he had "courage" to say what he wanted. He was NEVER into this game. He wanted his 15 minutes of fame & used this show to get it. But once he felt he had gotten enough exposure & got his mug & body on TV, he was ready to go home. It was never about the game, it was only about self-promotion, IMO.

I was thrilled to bits when Jeff openly showed his disgust for Osten. GO JEFF!
    Last edited by holly71; 10-30-2003 at 11:14 PM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    I'm guessin' Osten is now 'persona non grata' as far as Survivor is concerned.

-Randy

Quote Originally Posted by thatoconnorgirl
    Shawn, sweetie, I wish you would have voted for Rupert in the last TC. I can't stand Rupert now, backstabber. Shawn was the only person from Drake I liked. Until Burton (hopefully) returns! I don't care if Rupert was axing Shawn to protect himself. That guy thinks the game is only about him. Annoying. I can only hope that Burton returns, the tribes merge and he sides with the Morgans to pick off the Drakes. Revenge. Yay.
    I agree. Rupert started out as my fav. Every episode he has done something to irritate me. He is a great provider and has been shown as sympathetic but several things he has done have bothered me. It started with "my spear" when Shawn lost it. Then his my tribe, my this, my that. He started acting like everything was for him. Even though most don't like Jon his total outburst for getting a vote from Jon was uncalled for. When Christa got votes she didn't over react like that. I don't think he will win and the way he is being shown now is not as positive. I think he will be gone soon.

All right, I just watched the first half of the show again, and I noticed some interesting things about the Outcast tribe. First, they had one extra member as I'm sure everyone has realized. That didn't make much of a difference in this challenge, but it was a slight advantage nevertheless. However, did anyone notice how most of them had purple armbands, buffs, and other "accessories?" Well, look at the pole they made to get the keys... Guess what's primarily holding it together. They were told to use the sticks and string on the floor of the cage! Hmmm....

Can someone explain this to me?

When Jeff was explaining the third tribe to the Drake and Morgan and how the game would be played, it got confusing to me.

It sounded like the castoffs would be in the challenges each week, getting other chances to get back into the game. It sounded like a revolving door.

But I didn't tape it so i can't rewind it to hear it again.

How is this gonna work beyond this double episode? Is it that once the castoffs select the two that will rejoin the game (and they have immunity at their first TC) the castoffs are then going home finally?

Sounds like anyone voted off the tribes now...go home. (So Shawn and Osten are going home) but what about the castoff tribe? Are they going home too?

Or will we keep seeing them, trying to win their way back into a tribe?

FORT Fogey
    Just finished watching the show, here is my 2 cents. I haven't really gone through all the posts yet but i think Ruperts blasting Jon for voting him was worse then anything Jon has done. Anybody has the right to vote anybody for whatever thee reason is and Rup had no right to say yll at jon for voting him.

Some might argue what rupert did was the same what shawn did to Shawn but it is completely different, although jon should have went about it another way, he was making a comment about shawns work habits. Although he should have went about it another way, he wasn't being all high and mighty like rupert.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    Can someone explain this to me?

When Jeff was explaining the third tribe to the Drake and Morgan and how the game would be played, it got confusing to me.

It sounded like the castoffs would be in the challenges each week, getting other chances to get back into the game. It sounded like a revolving door.
    2 people will be voted back in by the outcas and 1 will be put in each tribe. Those 2 people will have free immunity the first time they go to tribal council. I am guessing thjose 2 people will come back when the tribes merge(but that just a guess of mine, not a fact)

+ Reply to Thread