+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jeff on Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    All men lie pretty much constantly. From what I've seen, though, women are the only ones that can lie convincingly. I'm thinking it might be a woman (although I still think Osten is hiding something).
    I dunno, stargazer401, I think you might be a little bitter. Personally, I'm too lazy to lie; I just can't be bothered to keep track of who knows what and why. By sticking with the truth, I can devote more of my attention to analyzing reality tv shows....

Quote Originally Posted by gaebolga
    I dunno, stargazer401, I think you might be a little bitter. Personally, I'm too lazy to lie; I just can't be bothered to keep track of who knows what and why. By sticking with the truth, I can devote more of my attention to analyzing reality tv shows....
    Oh Lord no! I'm not bitter, I've just lived with a lot of men (as roommates). They lie about weird little things. Like how many rounds of golf they played or if they ate the last potato chip and didn't throw the bag away. They rarely lie about big things and when they do, they are incredibly bad at it.

Women that I've known (only going by my own experience here) don't lie about little stuff, only major stuff. They are often much better at it. Just my own opinion of gender differences.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ok. If not Jon...then I REALLY am convinced it's Osten then.

But, even then...I can't relate "brilliant" with either of them, hmm..mmaybe it's Pelican Pete.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I *REALLY* get the feeling that Osten is hiding something. I just don't know though. Brilliant? Doesn't seem like Osten or Jon would be your man. I'm sort of wondering about Christa or Sandra. Christa especially.

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Just my own opinion of gender differences.
    Apparently, women's brains have ~40% more connective tissue between the hemispheres, which means they can feel and think.

At the same time.

Sounds like a useful trait, and it might lend some credence to your observation, if one makes the assumption that telling a lie involves putting the brain under a varying amount of stress.

Hmm...next time I feel bad, maybe I should just break out the diff eq books....

Interesting little factoid there. I'm certainly not saying that the 'LIAR' isn't male. I just think we would be able to tell who it was if its a guy. If its a guy, my gut says Osten (my gut doesn't have a perfect track record, though)

Just make sure your gut doesn't get too big for its britches, stargazer...

Interesting little factoid there. I'm certainly not saying that the 'LIAR' isn't male. I just think we would be able to tell who it was if its a guy. If its a guy, my gut says Osten (my gut doesn't have a perfect track record, though)
    Lex's didn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    Lex's didn't either.
    You're historical, veej...I like your funny!

does anyone know when this lie is supposed to happen?

I agree with everyone concluding that the liar is a male b/c JP wouldn't have used that word to describe a woman (not b/c men are liars--I completely disagree with that).

My guess is that the liar is Andrew or Rupert or Burton. Jon is an obvious lying candidate, so I rule him out b/c the people wouldn't fall for it. His own teammates have said repeatedly that they don't trust him or believe what he says. I also rule out Ryano because he's just so incredibly sweet and honest seeming. He's quiet but not conniving.

Burton has a great impetus to lie, and does seem real capable of it. Rupert seems like an unlikely liar but also, to me, seems capable of it. Andrew is determined and an analytical person. It the lie truly is genius, it seems he has the smarts to come up with it.

I rule out Ryan S b/c I don't think that he'll come back to the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123