+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeff on Ellen

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    This damned lie!!! Argggghhhhhhh!! I SOOOooooo want to know who/why/what/when/how/where...

being an addict is hard people, it really is.
    This "big lie", I think will be told by Jon. I think Jeff is intially shocked as well, but then finds out it was a lie. I read somewhere that Jeff wanted to say "Mother f*****" to the person. I can't imagine his using this term to a female contestant.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter34
    This "big lie", I think will be told by Jon. I think Jeff is intially shocked as well, but then finds out it was a lie. I read somewhere that Jeff wanted to say "Mother f*****" to the person. I can't imagine his using this term to a female contestant.

Yes skeeter34, I read the same interview where he says that...and I also believed it to be a male as well. If I'm remembering correctly..I think Jeff also says something to the extent of it was a "brilliant" lie...or something like that. OH hell, I'm sure I'm wrong...but I remembering him saying something about the lie being brilliant? ah, forget it..I'm rambling. Damn I hate having a cold.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I think Jeff said it was "amazing."

Which pretty much rules out Jon as the source of this particular lie.

gaebolga! That is SO true!
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I read the same interview where he says that...and I also believed it to be a male as well. If I'm remembering correctly..I think Jeff also says something to the extent of it was a "brilliant" lie...or something like that. OH hell, I'm sure I'm wrong...but I remembering him saying something about the lie being brilliant?
    Jeff talking about the lie, from Zap2it.com:
    "It's brilliant. It's brutal and it's brilliant and it totally suckered me," says Probst, who, naturally, won't divulge who told the lie or what its ramifications were. "My first reaction was 'Motherf----r,' and then my second reaction was 'Wow, that's amazing.' "
    As for the liar being Jon: Originally Bill Brioux of the Toronto Sun interviewed Jeff and reported that he said it was Jon. However, a week later he issued a retraction, saying that he had mis-read his notes and that Jeff never identified the liar. (You can read the retraction at http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Toront...25/201898.html)

So, it might be Jon. Or it might not. But I agree that -- given Jeff's choice of words -- that the liar is likely to be one of the male castaways.

I think it probably is Jon. I don't see anyone else really going to great lengths to make up some 'amazing' lie.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    But doesn't Jon lie pretty much constantly?

I'd pick Rupe for the liar...now that would be a stunner. LOL

-Randy

All men lie pretty much constantly. From what I've seen, though, women are the only ones that can lie convincingly. I'm thinking it might be a woman (although I still think Osten is hiding something).
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Jeff talking about the lie, from Zap2it.com:
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------

"It's brilliant. It's brutal and it's brilliant and it totally suckered me," says Probst, who, naturally, won't divulge who told the lie or what its ramifications were. "My first reaction was 'Motherf----r,' and then my second reaction was 'Wow, that's amazing.' "

--------------------------------------------------

YeaH!! At least I'm not that sick....I knew I'd heard somewhere that Jeff said "brilliant" and "mother#%^r"...

Thanks LAguy for clarifying for me!

Hmmm...as for who lies... hmmmm... uhhh...errrrr...hmmmm...hard to decide.....ummmm...JON!!!
    Also, why is it "brilliant"??
    Oh well...guess we'll find out soon enough.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Well...I don't think that Jon and brilliant can be anywhere close in a thought process. I don't think that it can be him if Jeff used that word
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast