+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: How many episodes are left? *POSSIBLE SPOILERS WITHIN*

  1. #1
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    284

    How many episodes are left?

    According to CBS.com, next episode is part one of a two-parter. Does anyone know for sure exactly how many episodes are left or, more appropriately, how many broadcast hours remain in the season?? I'm recording all the episodes and need to plan out what size of tapes to use!

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Premium Member dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    19,031
    If it is part one of a two parter, maybe that means we don't have to endure the re-cap show. Could we be that lucky?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

    #oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

  3. #3
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcrae
    I'm recording all the episodes and need to plan out what size of tapes to use!
    I'd like to know that myself! Glad to know someone else plans their tape sizes accordingly like me Actually, they really put my taping out of whack with that extra hour at the start of the season!

    (I don't bother taking the comemrcials otu anymore myself)

  4. #4
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadf1y
    I'd like to know that myself! Glad to know someone else plans their tape sizes accordingly like me Actually, they really put my taping out of whack with that extra hour at the start of the season!

    (I don't bother taking the comemrcials otu anymore myself)
    Yeah. I decided to tape this season in LP mode, which means I'll need to use three tapes. The first was a T-200 which was perfect for the first six episodes (6.5 hours/390 min. in total). I was under the assumption that there'd be 10 more hours, so I was planning on using a couple of T-160's each of which would hold 5 hours of LP recording. Looks like I'll have to use at least one T-180 now, though...

    You actually took out the commercials too? That's dedication!

  5. #5
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    If it is part one of a two parter, maybe that means we don't have to endure the re-cap show. Could we be that lucky?

    Hmmm, I didn't think of that dag, that would be wonderful.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  6. #6
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485
    As I recall, the series is usually 13 episodes long, with the fianl episode being two hours followed by an hour long finale where the winner is revealed at the beginning.
    This doesnot include the recrap episode, which simply is not worth watching let alone recrding imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  7. #7
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    As I recall, the series is usually 13 episodes long, with the fianl episode being two hours followed by an hour long finale where the winner is revealed at the beginning.
    This doesnot include the recrap episode, which simply is not worth watching let alone recrding imo.
    Right. I was figuring on 16.5 hours total for this season. That's 1 premiere (1.5 hours), 11 regular episodes (11 hours), 1 final episode (2 hours), 1 recap show (1 hour) and the reunion show (1 hour).

    And, you're right fluff. The recrap episode is not usually worth taping. I tape it anyways mostly for the sake of having it. Sometimes it's nice to have it in case some new footage is shown. If something new is shown and it strikes me as significant or unusual, then I can review it. It might go towards furthering a theory or speculation or explaining why something happened.

    Having said that, I think I could count the number of minutes of new footage shown in all Survivor recap episodes in total on my fingers.

  8. #8
    Sexy evil genius Paulie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Not the regular cabana boy
    Age
    44
    Posts
    11,787
    Hm? Part 1 AND part 2? Does that mean nobody's getting booted this week?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

    Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

  9. #9
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Hm? Part 1 AND part 2? Does that mean nobody's getting booted this week?
    Maybe.

    There's ten left right now. Under normal circumstances, there would be nine remaining at the end of this week's episode. If someone re-enters the game prior to TC (as has been widely speculated/known), then the tribe numbers go up to 11. Then, maybe instead of having one TC they'll have 2 TC's over the three-day period. That'll drop the numbers back to 9, which is where it should be for the same period of actual time on the island. The first day and a half with one TC serves as the episode for this week; the last day and a half with the second TC would serve as the backdrop for next week's episode.

    Just a guess...

  10. #10
    FORT Fogey TheFlying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    926
    Via the CBS clues apparently noone is voted off this week, but TV Guide says someone is. So, who knows?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.